Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 08:35 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,256,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This thread makes it obvious that you are quite young and immature. If you think spending 25k is reasonable based on a cockamamie value assessment, as well as having her undergo the horror of IVF procedures, drug sides effects, et al, I have little doubt the two of you will be double teaming the drive through at the local taco bell. No 25k for you to spare.
pot/kettle
You are intimately aware of women being subsidized. What else can that be due to than your mom raising you on "our" tax dimes? These women are subsidized to support their children, of whom are 50% male.
I don't have to be raised by a single mom to understand that women are subsidized. You can hold whatever opinion you would like about the topic, but either contribute to the thread or don't.

The thread is about how do I convince my gf to not have a boy and do women typically want boy babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I'm missing something. How would you control what gender your children were?

BTW, if I were your GF, I would RUN from you as fast as my legs would take me. Your belief girls are "subsidized" suggests a pretty ugly attitude towards women; your attempt to "deflect" her questions, rather than face up to them honestly, like a man would, suggests you're still very much a boy.
Sex selection allow you to choose the gender of your baby. I posted the science behind it earlier, but here's another article about it.
Sex selection in babies through PGD: Americans are paying to have daughters rather than sons. - Slate Magazine

Thee is no ugly attitude to have. Society is changing though. The skills and traits that are traditionally masculine used to be valued and needed, but we are moving away from that and towards one that needs/values feminine traits.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well. I've read some pretty silly things on CD but this has to be one of the top. We don't necessarily have a choice on what gender the baby turns out to be. You did know this, right?

And what if, some day, you two did have a baby and the baby turned out to be a boy? What then?
Then we would have a boy, but if we have a choice why should we not make a choice? Do women normally want boy babies?

Old 02-16-2013, 08:41 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Then we would have a boy, but if we have a choice why should we not make a choice? Do women normally want boy babies?
I think women are more concerned about getting an intelligent husband first.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:42 AM

3 posts, read 4,208 times
Have you thought about starting with marriage?
A Child, regardless of the sex, can benefit no more then having a solid foundation of a home. They learn by watching, and you are the example.
A wise man once said: "there is nothing more important than the work you do inside the walls of your own home"
Spending sometime in a home with your wife, without children, will certainly develop your relationship and make babe better home for your children.
If you find that during the first few years of your marriage that it is not the relationship you had hoped for, then you don't have a child going through a nasty divorce that they don't deserve.
Unlike some in this thread, I don't have nasty remarks to make about your person, because I don't know you beyond the typing that you have done. It's easy to type out words in a conversation and those words may or may not truly reflect the person that you truly are.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

Old 02-16-2013, 08:42 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
I don't have to be raised by a single mom to understand that women are subsidized. You can hold whatever opinion you would like about the topic, but either contribute to the thread or don't.
You are as politically illiterate as you are scientifically illiterate. You understand nothing. Your assumption that women are subsidized simply highlights gross ignorance and immaturity. Your thinking that advanced medical technology as an option for you and your girlfriend so you can get government funding for your child is one of the more asinine things I've read on CD. There is absolutely no guarantee that these procedures will work for you. Embryos run the risk of being damaged when tested. IVF increases risk for premies and IVF drugs increase the risk for breast cancer for your gf. You are being foolish here, and too foolish to understand that.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 AM

326 posts, read 478,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think women are more concerned about getting an intelligent husband first.
And who would honestly waste that much money in a procedure such as this?

Old 02-16-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You don't get subsidized until you breed, bucko. What kind of GOAL is this? Oh, let's have a girl so she can live off the welfare teat for 40 - 50 years.

Neither of you are ready for parenthood. Please use good contraception. Please. Please.

20yrsinBranson
When have I ever promoted living off welfare?

Quote:
You are as politically illiterate as you are scientifically illiterate. You understand nothing. Your assumption that women are subsidized simply highlights gross ignorance and immaturity. Your thinking that advanced medical technology as an option for you and your girlfriend so you can get government funding for your child is one of the more asinine things I've read on CD. There is absolutely no guarantee that these procedures will work for you. Embryos run the risk of being damaged when tested. IVF increases risk for premies and IVF drugs increase the risk for breast cancer for your gf. You are being foolish here, and too foolish to understand that.
I never said anything about getting government funding. Neither of us would ever qualify for that. Medical science is advancing though, so whatever damage embryo's risk now may not be the case in the future.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:03 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
When have I ever promoted living off welfare?
You think your daughter would be subsidized by the tax payer. That's welfare.
Quote:
I never said anything about getting government funding. Neither of us would ever qualify for that. Medical science is advancing though, so whatever damage embryo's risk now may not be the case in the future.
You say this based on what? How do you know what new technologies are in the pipeline that are going to make the risks null and void? And you still have not answered to desiring to put your girlfriend at increased risk for breast cancer, let alone the list of side effects that go along with IVF drugs, and putting her through surgery. How sick can a man get (this forum never fails to disappoint). Are you that empty in the head where such a ridiculous approach makes sense to you all so your daughter can live in section 8 housing and collect food stamps? How about this, just save the money you would spend on this garbage and subsidize your own child independent of gender- instead of wanting us to do that for you.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:14 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
I missed the last 2 weeks of school in southern Virginia when I moved to Northern Virginia in 10th grade apparently I missed out on a lot in biology class in those last 2 weeks. I aint know you could select your kids sex.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
You think your daughter would be subsidized by the tax payer. That's welfare.

You say this based on what? How do you know what new technologies are in the pipeline that are going to make the risks null and void? And you still have not answered to desiring to put your girlfriend at increased risk for breast cancer, let alone the list of side effects that go along with IVF drugs, and putting her through surgery. How sick can a man get (this forum never fails to disappoint). Are you that empty in the head where such a ridiculous approach makes sense to you all so your daughter can live in section 8 housing and collect food stamps? How about this, just save the money you would spend on this garbage and subsidize your own child independent of gender- instead of wanting us to do that for you.
What reason does anyone have to believe that science will not progress? We aren't going to have kids today, but it doesn't make sense to rule out ways to plan your family. Once again, I am not talking about welfare.

I think it is obvious that women are valued and subsidized in the USA, but that is normal and to be expected. After all, without women we cannot reproduce.

Classrooms and education styles are geared towards girls.
More medical research is spent on female related illness.
Female only higher education funding is available.
Women can expect a higher value mate
Women usually receive lighter sentences.
Women are usually protected from harm.
Women can expect guys to pay their way.
Women are rarely homeless.
Etc, etc, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships