Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 02:16 PM

19,705 posts, read 20,232,643 times

Advertisements

I'm 5'8" and secure enough to date men shorter than me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 02:21 PM

499 posts, read 756,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
agreed!
I agree with this too, but laugh when people feel this idea can't apply to race or other unchangeable attributes. If there's no attraction, it's not going anywhere.....

Old 02-16-2013, 02:30 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
I agree with this too, but laugh when people feel this idea can't apply to race or other unchangeable attributes. If there's no attraction, it's not going anywhere.....
Thank you. And it has nothing to do with being a racist or anti short men or anti men in general

We all have our preferences. However, some of the short men I met are super smart and open minded. Many of them have the confidence to know that physical attraction is important in a relationship, they don't have problems at all for being rejected for whatever the reasons. That (confidence and respect) makes these short men very attractive.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:57 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times
Well, I've been rejected twice in the past 3 weeks based on height, but I did make a great potential friend regardless

I really don't care much about height, but I have noticed that men can be very picky and since I do online dating, it can get old having guys say 'wow, I didn't realize how tall you were' when I'm wearing flats and my height is listed right there on my profile.

Honestly, there are so many more important things to worry about than height, but for some people they have many options and can reject people who don't meet their specifications but still have plenty of others waiting in line. I'll continue being a giant amazon woman and wearing my cute heels when I go out!

Old 02-16-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, I've been rejected twice in the past 3 weeks based on height, but I did make a great potential friend regardless

I really don't care much about height, but I have noticed that men can be very picky and since I do online dating, it can get old having guys say 'wow, I didn't realize how tall you were' when I'm wearing flats and my height is listed right there on my profile.

Honestly, there are so many more important things to worry about than height, but for some people they have many options and can reject people who don't meet their specifications but still have plenty of others waiting in line. I'll continue being a giant amazon woman and wearing my cute heels when I go out!
You'd have no problems at all with men in my family. Every man in my family is over 6'1"

All my male family members have dated women from 5 feet to 6'

Old 02-16-2013, 03:13 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
People have preferences. That's life.

What I find funny is when I have a specific preference, and I get blasted for it.

I suppose I should just drop what I find unattractive since it's becoming the norm.

I don't want to derail the thread. So I won't bring it any further than this.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times
Quote:
You'd have no problems at all with men in my family. Every man in my family is over 6'1"

All my male family members have dated women from 5 feet to 6'
Same with my family My Dad is 6'3, brother is 6'4, I'm 6'1 and my poor mom and sister are barely 5'6.

The last two guys I went out with were 5'9 and 5'11 and both told me they 'didn't realize how tall I was' and that they weren't interested in dating...but one told me we could still be friends so I'll take it!

Old 02-16-2013, 03:24 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,850 times
Trust me trimac, it's not your height stopping you from getting a woman.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Same with my family My Dad is 6'3, brother is 6'4, I'm 6'1 and my poor mom and sister are barely 5'6.

The last two guys I went out with were 5'9 and 5'11 and both told me they 'didn't realize how tall I was' and that they weren't interested in dating...but one told me we could still be friends so I'll take it!
Don't worry about them. All my brothers would have no problem dating women your height. They all call me shorty and I am 5'7" My brother dated a bikini model who is 6 feet tall, she is gorgeous with beautiful long legs.

You should try modeling. Tyra Bank has also been bashed for her height, for being skinny too. Look at her, super model! Don't worry about what others say!

Old 02-16-2013, 03:31 PM

499 posts, read 756,526 times
Quote:
Thank you. And it has nothing to do with being a racist or anti short men or anti men in general

We all have our preferences. However, some of the short men I met are super smart and open minded. Many of them have the confidence to know that physical attraction is important in a relationship, they don't have problems at all for being rejected for whatever the reasons. That (confidence and respect) makes these short men very attractive.
I don't get mad because I have had much success dating and I agree with you, but I don't scold the shorter men who "whine" about it because it is their right to complain considering it's an almost universal preference. They do have it tougher so it would be quite rough for the average short or shorter guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships