U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-18-2013, 07:06 AM

681 posts, read 409,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Also I would be in favour of all gynecologists being female....if it was feasible or viable, but unfortunately its not currently.
All urologists would have to be men then.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:16 AM

5,060 posts, read 4,423,751 times
It would be hard to be a Male OBGYN...I would think that when a women goes there for other than her routine check it's because that area has a problem and it might not be the most pleasent place to be pokeing your fingers into......

Old 02-18-2013, 07:17 AM

13,039 posts, read 14,814,472 times
Scary thread. 2013 and someone thinks male Gynaecologists get some kind of kick from examining women.... A Gynaecologist is a highly trained PROFESSIONAL. Not some kind of immature 12 year old disciple of "Animal House".

I cannot believe someone actually even believes this and can say this with a straight face. I am pretty darn sure that we women are not being oggled whilst being examined. This is a not a sexual context. I think women know when a man is being lecherous and leering at them and would comment.

I personally don't really care either way who does it, male or female I do find it excruciatingly embarrassing as I am not particularily thrilled at the idea of anyone poking me down there to be honest. I had a colposcopy last year after an unsatistfactory smear and its was painful, uncomfortable and yes also to me quite embarassing.

At no point however did I consider my medical professionals ( there was a Doctor and a Nurse present)were somehow getting their jollies enjoying the scenery.... It was all performed with professionalism, and they both tried to put me at my ease and make me as comfortable and keeping as much of my vanishing dignity as possible.

I don't know about the OP but staring at a woman's genitals all day, every day would get old pretty soon anyway. It must rather "blend" into one another after a while.

So presumably according to the OP, we should also ascertain the sexual orientation of female gynaecologists just in case they are Lesbians and making "memories" for the future ?!?

How bizarre and sad that one should be so suspicious of a Health Professional whose job is hopefully to help and prevent serious issues.

This kind of logic is why I think so many women are too scared and embarassed to see Doctors about "delicate" issues. And men are even worse, when it comes to their penis, testicles or shall we say derrieres they are often incapable of putting up with the process, manipulation and embarrassment. Cue too many conditions and diseases detected way too late....

A friend of mine who had a baby put it in perspective to me when I complained about this process last year telling me she was going through similar things on a weekly basis ( and had done so as she was trying to get pregnant for a while and failing for a long time) and will have to go through far more regular and embarrasment for far longer than my discomfort.

My husband is obviously not the jealous type, my GP checks me breasts for lumps fairly regularily ( and he is quite good looking and charming !) and one of my Gynaecologist was a man but Hubby has never even given it a second thought. And neither have I to be brutally honest.

I see a man who has qualifications to do the job and simply have to accept that whoever does it , it is going to be horrid. Man, Woman, makes no difference.

Maybe only castratos should be Gynaecologists ? Or there should be an "erection-meter testing" station every time a male Doctor examines a woman or a female Doctor examines a male patient ? Just to be on te safe side.

Mod cut: Copyrighted image.

Last edited by PJSinger; 02-18-2013 at 01:42 PM..

Old 02-18-2013, 08:06 AM

3,768 posts, read 3,936,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinRooper View Post
I myself am not married, but I think it's wrong for a male doctor to examine women in personal ways, especially if they're married or have a boyfriend. How can a man be okay with another man looking at his wife's naughty bits?
Because he is a doctor and should not be a perv. A medical exam should be just that, not a sexual thing.

Funny you should mention it because I find out after the fact that when my husband got his routine physical from our female family practitioner, she checked his prostate and also viewed and touched his genitals.

I didn't like it but she is a trained professional. I have to trust that she was completely professional and that is that.

I don't think my husband has ever given a thought about my gynecological exams.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:11 AM

15,942 posts, read 8,260,649 times
Quote:
So if a random guy in the street tried to perv on your wife or girlfriend by trying to look up her skirt you would be okay with that? If you're honest most men wouldn't stand for it, yet they don't care if a male doctor does it as long as he doesn't cross the line. This is the stupidity of the 21st century.
No, this post is the stupidity of the 21st century. Do you see going to the doctor as a sexual experience? That's the only way I can understand this brand of stupidity.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:26 AM

17,789 posts, read 16,860,694 times
I keep hoping that this forum will stop allowing the lame, moronic topics that are being posted at a seemingly increasing rate recently.

And then I see this one.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:43 AM

3,979 posts, read 3,009,452 times
Default Male gynecologists examining husbands' wives

Quote:
I myself am not married, but I think it's wrong for a male doctor to examine women in personal ways, especially if they're married or have a boyfriend. How can a man be okay with another man looking at his wife's naughty bits?
About 15 years ago I had a single woman who had two teen age kids working in my office. She wouldn't see a male doctor about her stomach problems until I insisted she go to the doctor, because she had missed work. She went to a woman general practitioner who prescribed a laxative and said she had a minor blockage in her intestines. She quit working for me in about another 4 months time and within six months died of Cancer. If she would have gone to a doctor when she first had a problem she might have survived, but she put it off because her female doctor had moved out of town, and she would go to a male doctor. I can't believe there are people so stupid or 'modest" that they would risk their lives...

Old 02-18-2013, 09:46 AM

8,388 posts, read 5,627,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I keep hoping that this forum will stop allowing the lame, moronic topics that are being posted at a seemingly increasing rate recently.

And then I see this one.
Omg, exactly. This thread takes inane and moronic to a whole new level. Children shouldn't be allowed to post here.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM

681 posts, read 409,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
About 15 years ago I had a single woman who had two teen age kids working in my office. She wouldn't see a male doctor about her stomach problems until I insisted she go to the doctor, because she had missed work. She went to a woman general practitioner who prescribed a laxative and said she had a minor blockage in her intestines. She quit working for me in about another 4 months time and within six months died of Cancer. If she would have gone to a doctor when she first had a problem she might have survived, but she put it off because her female doctor had moved out of town, and she would go to a male doctor. I can't believe there are people so stupid or 'modest" that they would risk their lives...
That's simply a choice and we have to respect that. I surely would leave a problem untreated if it meant I had to go to a female doctor.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 AM

1,442 posts, read 631,381 times
Almost every gyn exam(by a man), there has also usually been a female nurse in the room. I think this is usually standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.