Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 06:09 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
She would come home. My stuff would be gone. End of relationship. No discussion required.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophead View Post
My GF and I have been in a comitted (so I thought) relationship for three years.. For the past of couple month or so there have been nights with her coming in from work later than normal and a general "odd feel" between us. I'm a very trusting person but last night I decided to drive by where she said she'd be-watching the kids of a friend. No car, parents home, hmmm. I finally said "screw it", went back home and popped on her computer. After a quick search for "*.jpg" my fears were confirmed-penis pics. They were even forwarded to her email from her phone, so these were texted to her and "saved".

This person is someone that she knows from before we were together and occasionally pops by.

OK, now what. Yeah-I crossed "the line" but now I'm in a situation of knowing what's up and her now asking me "what's wrong". I did my best of trying to act like I saw nothing but that pretty much failed.

How the hell do I tactfully step into this ****storm of a situation?

Thanks for listening, I joined this forum for the hope of some words of advice.

-D
You don't have to confront her about this. Just leave, and tell her the relationship is not working out for you. That's what I would do.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 06:52 PM

148 posts, read 188,154 times
threesome original poster, its the only option u have........................

Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,346,359 times
There's only one answer. Dump her and move on.

As far as whether you should unleash your fury on her or just walk away letting her think, it's really up to what you think will be best for you.

I disagree with some of the posters that say it is pathetic to let her know how you feel about the situation..no matter what kind of emotional tirade you unleash. It can be very cathartic to get all those feelings out and whatever will make you heal better should be the way you approach it.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:41 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times
I'm surprised. I thought the guys would say it's nothing. I bet if the roles were reversed and a woman had sent a man nude pics he'd tell his partner it was nothing more than playing around or fantasy.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:44 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,865,812 times
Yeah, probably a good idea to move on... pics like that are telltale signs of a cheater waiting for you to commit. You have the upper hand to take your leave without the whole privacy drama.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:48 AM

1,203 posts, read 4,081,522 times
Since she lives with you, it makes things a little more complicated. As difficult as it may be, I'd simply say something like "I don't think this relationship is working out. It'd be best if you moved out."

An approach like that would minimize the chance for a huge fight, retaliation, or any other drama associated with her moving out.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:22 AM

19,705 posts, read 20,232,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post

I felt entitled to tell him exactly how I felt about his little escapades.
+1

I think people are entitled to tell (and hear) it like it is, and I think the OP should definitely call her out for those pics.

I don't understand how someone could keep all that inside and not even express their true feelings on such a touchy subject while at the same time breaking up over it.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,210,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophead View Post
I was half-tempted to take replace the pics of his with some of mine and leave it at that...
That would be funny. And you might as well have some fun with it because this is probably not going to end well. Another idea, photoshop the pics to make them all bloody and gory.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:29 AM

19,705 posts, read 20,232,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
That would be funny. And you might as well have some fun with it because this is probably not going to end well. Another idea, photoshop the pics to make them all bloody and gory.
Or 'shop some googley eyes on there... lol

Old 02-18-2013, 09:50 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,225 times
It would just use the good old mom trick: (say you know with your words and eyes but not how you know)

" I know about you not being satisfied with me and that you are more interested in someone else and have already engaged in that interest. I don't need an explanation or an excuse, I just need you to move out.We both will be happier that way. "

And then follow local legislation laws to remove her from the property. She can go live at her "friends" house.

(yet another mixed gender friendship gone wrong...see why I hate these things people?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships