Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 12:41 PM

350 posts, read 383,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I am a size 8 now (6 in in the summer) and I would never date a man as fat as you.
LOL ... I don't consider an 8 really slim either. 6 is, though. Correct me if this is not the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 12:41 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon of Truth View Post
LOL - that is an issue in middle age, I have to agree. We often remember what we were like and think we should get the same. Too bad there isn't a "formerly cute, but might need some improvement/restoration work" category on these internet sites.
I think you are absolutely right that once in middle age we have a tendency to think back to how we once werelll women and men are both guilty of it.

As for the "formerly cute" thing. Would you date women from that hypothetical category? Or do you just want that category to apply to you?

Old 02-18-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I think you are absolutely right that once in middle age we have a tendency to think back to how we once werelll women and men are both guilty of it.

As for the "formerly cute" thing. Would you date women from that hypothetical category? Or do you just want that category to apply to you?
Sure, maybe we can "re-cute" ourselves together.

The other interesting thing in middle age I think is how body plays a more important role in whether you're considered attractive or not than your facial features. Fat doesn't get it even with a pretty face, but an average or even a little ugly face + thin seems to work.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
LOL ... I don't consider an 8 really slim either. 6 is, though. Correct me if this is not the case.
It depends on height, and whether you mean a designer size or an inflated size like at Old Navy or Walmart. At Old Navy I am a 2, and at Walmart I am a 0, which are both complete jokes. I am 5'6" with 36" hips, in the summer that drops to about 34" to give you a a better idea. Really, men shouldn't talk sizes because you typically don't know female ones... gay men excepted of course!

Note the size 8 has 39" hips here, very large:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/sizeChart.do?cid=3102

Last edited by OngletNYC; 02-18-2013 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: adding size chart

Old 02-18-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Sure, maybe we can "re-cute" ourselves together.

The other interesting thing in middle age I think is how body plays a more important role in whether you're considered attractive or not than your facial features. Fat doesn't get it even with a pretty face, but an average or even a little ugly face + thin seems to work.
OK so then this is good, maybe you can now give those "fatties" a chance, and you can re-cute together.

A CD success thread.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:49 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
It depends on height, and whether you mean a designer size or an inflated Old Navy or Walmart size. At Old Navy I am a 2, and at Walmart I am a 0, which are both complete jokes. I am 5'6" with 36" hips, in the summer that drops to about 34" to give you a a better idea. Really, men shouldn't talk sizes because you typically don't know female ones... gay men excepted of course!
Yeah. I don't understand why people are hung up on sizes or weight.

I don't care how much a woman weighs, or what size she wears. If she's attractive, she's attractive.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Yeah. I don't understand why people are hung up on sizes or weight.

I don't care how much a woman weighs, or what size she wears. If she's attractive, she's attractive.
Again, we go back to the issue of different words meaning different things to different people. To me, fattie means this:

http://image1.masterfile.com/em_w/00...-00363747w.jpg

Not to pick on this person, it's just a random file I found on Goolge. Am I right or wrong for not finding someone like this attractive or am I being too picky?

Old 02-18-2013, 12:55 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
Quote:
I'm in my 40's and used to be considered a little above average, maybe even more. I am educated and have a good career and no baggage. Like most guys, I have had limited success on the internet. The only girls I seem to be able to get interested online are fatties.

I haven't decided what to think about this yet. Someone with a little more cushion can be more attractive under the right circumstances, but it's not what I (nor most guys) normally want.

I'm not obese, but I'm not svelte, either (I could lose about 20 or 30 pounds). I am meeting one of these women next week.

I'm more personality oriented, but at the same time who doesn't appreciate someone appealing to the eye?

Am I settling or am I just being realistic?
Maybe she's settling. And at 40 you should be well past dating girls.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Maybe she's settling. And at 40 you should be well past dating girls.
Yeah, but sometimes life doesn't work out the way you planned.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Again, we go back to the issue of different words meaning different things to different people. To me, fattie means this:

http://image1.masterfile.com/em_w/00...-00363747w.jpg

Not to pick on this person, it's just a random file I found on Goolge. Am I right or wrong for not finding someone like this attractive or am I being too picky?
If you don't find her attractive, you don't her attractive. There's nothing wrong with that.

However, when you start slapping the "fattie" label on her then you become a hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships