Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 06:09 PM

92 posts, read 95,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post
I dont see how a picture showing you and a girlfriend would be viewed as negative in any way. If anything it could help you out. Usually when someone asks if you have a GF or thought you had one, theyre usually interested in you. Its not always the case though.

I cleaned my profile up a while ago because I didnt want all these pictures of me up, and most of them were taken at parties and such so every picture i was either drunk or was drinking. Not what I wanted out there.

I had some pictures of GFs on there too, I left one or two and saved the rest. I feel like if you put them on the pc someone could find them and get crazy ideas.

I simply uploaded the photos to an image hosting website. No one has to know, its harmless, and you can store thousands of photos on it. I use Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing

you can upload multiple photos at a time too, you can store them on there and you need to have an account to get access to the pics.
Thanks i'll put them there. It's just the fact that some women would think i'm seeing someone and would write me off as "taken", i don't know if they think i'ma player, liar etc. An your right they might be interested, it's many ways it could negative for me some girls assume a lot with out asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 06:12 PM

19,715 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Really though, all this time investment for saving pics of an ex is getting kind of obsessive..lol

Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

Let it go....

Old 02-18-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Really though, all this time investment for saving pics of an ex is getting kind of obsessive..lol

Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

Let it go....
Exactly this is a lot of work, we've got a gang of pictures which i why my lazy butt didn't do it before and didn't care.. this is what rich people have assistants for.. I just don't want to delete them though it's nothing i'm trying to keep me from dwelling, i barely go through my pics like any normal facebooker lol

Old 02-18-2013, 06:19 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceLD View Post
Them things aren't cheap but i have been needing to purchase one, not sure for this reason but i don't have the money to get one for this rocket science you speak of.
There less than $100.

You can get 8G memory sticks for like $20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
How do you pull this off? I consider myself to have above average game and there aren't too many nuances in the modern dating game that trip me up, but the Facebook thing has always been a challenge.

I hate it when I'm newly dating a chick and she wants to add me as a friend, because the first thing she always does is start posting stuff on my page or tagging me in pics in an effort to "claim" me publicly. It's so annoying. And if there are other chicks in my friend list I'm currently knocking down or trying to (there always are), complications inevitably arise.

However, it's hard in that situation to produce a suitable excuse NOT to be Facebook friends right away. The best I've come up with so far is, "I'd rather us get to know each other more organically through conversation and spending time together. Facebook takes the fun out of it because we find out too much about each other too soon." Cheesy as that sounds, I thought it was pretty good when I first came up with it... but chicks see right through it. No matter what excuse I throw out, they always assume I'm hiding something (i.e. a wife or girlfriend) if I don't want to be Facebook friends right away.

Please share your secret!
"I don't do Facebook"

But, honestly, it doesn't really come up.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Exactly this is a lot of work, we've got a gang of pictures which i why my lazy butt didn't do it before and didn't care.. this is what rich people have assistants for.. I just don't want to delete them though it's nothing i'm trying to keep me from dwelling, i barely go through my pics like any normal facebooker lol
Heheh, I hear ya.

Maybe just make the album private, or create a private album on fb for them.

Is the gf still tagged in them? How has she handled the picture situation? lol

Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Delete, Delete, Delete. Delete, that is all.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Heheh, I hear ya.

Maybe just make the album private, or create a private album on fb for them.

Is the gf still tagged in them? How has she handled the picture situation? lol
She didn't delete them last time i checked, since i de-friended her

Old 02-18-2013, 07:00 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,277,702 times
What really stinks is that theres all this time in your life that is documented on a digital format, your friends take pictures of you and tag your name in them. Once they are gone they are gone and that part of your life is a fading memory..

I have all these other pics that I never wouldve seen again or remember if it wasnt for my friends uploading and tagging me in them. Some of the pics are worth saving just so you have that timeline in your life.

No one ever went on a vacation and took pictures to keep for memories?? I feel bad for you if you havent because youll never be able to share it with anyone.... But FB is almost the same thing and for a lot of us, FB is the only documentation there is.

No need to be cynical here, what happens in 25 years when you want to show your kids what you looked like when you were young? and you havet that one pic of you in Highschool and then a 10 year blackout until your wedding picture.....

Just saying

Old 02-18-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
She didn't delete them last time i checked, since i de-friended her
If you're going to remove her, you should probably remove her pics from fb.

It's only a matter of time before this new girl starts grilling you about it anyway..lol

Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
If you're going to remove her, you should probably remove her pics from fb.

It's only a matter of time before this new girl starts grilling you about it anyway..lol
i ain't looking forward to that lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships