Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:06 PM

94 posts, read 375,031 times

Advertisements

So I just had a first date with a girl I met on POF last night. It was about a two hour first date that I thought went pretty well (especially considering some of the women I've met online). Anyways, towards the end of the night she went to get in a cab, we hugged, and in a very passing and quick way she said, "This was great. Hopefully see you soon." Now I didn't know if she was trying to just get in the cab as quick as possible or if she really meant it.

Anyways, I sent a text this afternoon saying, "Hey, just wanted to say I had a great time meeting you last night and we should definitely get together again if you're up for it. Hope you're Tuesday is going well." About an hour later I get a response (she normally takes a while to respond), "Hey. Super busy at work. How's you're Tuesday going?"

So firstly I was kind of bummed I didn't get a response to my implication, but I responded with how my Tuesday was going, and then asked another casual question (relating to something we discussed last night). I haven't heard anything since then.

Do you think I should just let this go, or should I maybe shoot her another text tomorrow trying again? Appreciate any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 07:10 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,567,314 times
Do what you want, but I generally wait to receive a response before sending another text. You could avoid this uncertainty by picking up the phone and calling her.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:10 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Try again tomorrow, and send her a "hey, wanta do something this weekend?" The response you get to that (if any) should tell you something.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Try again tomorrow, and send her a "hey, wanta do something this weekend?" The response you get to that (if any) should tell you something.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:16 PM

4,038 posts, read 2,698,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

This^^^^

Old 02-19-2013, 09:00 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,039,183 times
So, how is you are Tuesday going?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:12 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,436,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preditor74 View Post
So I just had a first date with a girl I met on POF last night. It was about a two hour first date that I thought went pretty well (especially considering some of the women I've met online). Anyways, towards the end of the night she went to get in a cab, we hugged, and in a very passing and quick way she said, "This was great. Hopefully see you soon." Now I didn't know if she was trying to just get in the cab as quick as possible or if she really meant it.

Anyways, I sent a text this afternoon saying, "Hey, just wanted to say I had a great time meeting you last night and we should definitely get together again if you're up for it. Hope you're Tuesday is going well." About an hour later I get a response (she normally takes a while to respond), "Hey. Super busy at work. How's you're Tuesday going?"

So firstly I was kind of bummed I didn't get a response to my implication, but I responded with how my Tuesday was going, and then asked another casual question (relating to something we discussed last night). I haven't heard anything since then.

Do you think I should just let this go, or should I maybe shoot her another text tomorrow trying again? Appreciate any help!
Texting is for short, uncomplicated exchanges. You're not going to get comprehensive responses with texting. It may take a while for you to get the answer you're looking for if you text multiple statements. This has worked best for me but, of course, it could just be me.

Anyway, go ahead and text her again. But be succint and direct with your question.

[propose a specific action: "Let's do ______ this Friday."]

Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,791,829 times
So she said she was super busy at work, which implied she wasn't going to have time to talk. So you sent her another text and she predictably didn't answer. And now you are freaking out just a little bit? Because shes behaving in a predictble manner? Just calm down! LOL

Text her tomorrow after work.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,659,779 times
Oh my god. Stop being prissy and coy. If you want to see her again ask her on another date!

("How's your Tuesday going?" Really? Good lord.)

Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,039,183 times
She's not interested, honestly. If she were, she would have been excited to hear from you and definitely would have texted you back. She may keep you on the back burner if she has another date or two lined up, but you're not first priority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships