U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-20-2013, 09:39 AM

9,069 posts, read 4,520,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Sure, if a woman wants to pay for it, why not? But I think women tend to be more squicked out than men about sleeping with someone who is in it just for the money. Personally I would hate to get in bed with someone who wouldn't want to be with me otherwise.

Women who don't want either complicated relationships or one night stands usually easily find a close male friend to sleep with. I have several.
"Personally I would hate to get in bed with someone who wouldn't want to be with me otherwise. "
That would be an odd position to be in.

"Women who don't want either complicated relationships or one night stands usually easily find a close male friend to sleep with. I have several"
Really

Old 02-20-2013, 10:36 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,076,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Sure, if a woman wants to pay for it, why not? But I think women tend to be more squicked out than men about sleeping with someone who is in it just for the money. Personally I would hate to get in bed with someone who wouldn't want to be with me otherwise.

Women who don't want either complicated relationships or one night stands usually easily find a close male friend to sleep with. I have several.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,076,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
**cough*** double standard **cough**

If a women wants to pay for a good time, why not?

It's basically the same thing as a one night stand.
So why just not have a one night stand for free?

Old 02-20-2013, 10:44 AM

17,244 posts, read 16,347,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
I do not require a reminder as to what my rights and entitlements are. Let us remain on topic here. I certainly see no reason to think that such people respect themselves any less than you do solely because they have made choices that differ from your own. There is no set standard for what people should or should not do with their body or sexuality that maps on to "levels of self respect" in this way.
Why can't you just understand that there are those of us out here who set our own standards on this matter? It has nothing to do with what YOU feel but what the people who feel that way feel.

If a person does not agree with it and would not do it, that is their choice and they are free to express it. You do not need to let them know that you think their opinion is wrong.

The OP asked what peoples thoughts were on the matter, not for you to tell people who do not agree with you that they are wrong.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:46 AM

4,231 posts, read 2,490,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
So why just not have a one night stand for free?
Some women cant get a ONS.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:49 AM

9,069 posts, read 4,520,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Some women cant get a ONS.
That is true, or more likely the quality of available men that she can get is below her standard.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 AM

24,448 posts, read 25,374,921 times
Jeez. If you are a woman who takes reasonable care of herself, it would be incredibly easy.

1) Walk into hotel bar around 6 p.m., one that is filled with traveling businessmen. Wear something that makes you feel sexy.

2) Walk up to one likely looking candidate.

3) Engage him in conversation for two minutes.

4) Ask him, "Wanna?"

Problem solved.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:03 AM

7,781 posts, read 4,226,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Jeez. If you are a woman who takes reasonable care of herself, it would be incredibly easy.

1) Walk into hotel bar around 6 p.m., one that is filled with traveling businessmen. Wear something that makes you feel sexy.

4) Ask him, "Wanna?"

Problem solved.
How is that going to ensure that I get a considerate lover who will a) give me multiple Os and 2) not kill me and wear my skin

Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 AM

3,966 posts, read 2,000,286 times
Well, most men don't know how to read a woman enough to give her what she wants and women typically are terrible communicators in that regard...so men are just searching around, going through the motions...a skilled gigolo will first seduce her mind, learn her "type" and play to it, leading right up to using the right techniques at the right moment and being able to gracefully switch techniques is he miscues...all without breaking the moment.

Some drunk fool at a bar probably doesn't even know what I just said, let alone knows how to apply it.

OTOH the reason ANY woman can be used for sex by men is that most men control the action so women on average don't need to be/do anything but be there! Men can use a woman to get himself off...this is actually why so many women actually are terrible in bed...they never develop any skills because men are satisfied getting themselves off on them.

When a woman REALLY knows what she's doing she's worth hanging onto.

There's a fine line though between being able to PLEASE your partner and LETTING yourself be pleased. Some can only do one or the other...not both. Either, on its' own is fun only initially then boredom sets in...the inequality becomes apparent to anyone whom cares about their partner.

The reason a woman might pay is for many different assurances...only one of which is the physical release. They want the entire experience that a skilled lover can provide, the safety and finally...his graceful exit.

Another thing ignored here is the fulfillment of fantasy...many women want to be treated like a $lut, wh@re, rape victim, arrested etc., but are too shy to admit this to anyone they know. A gigolo can help them act out their fantasies in a safe, discrete manner.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:08 AM

12,713 posts, read 9,833,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

4) Ask him, "Wanna?"

Problem solved.
5. Hope that he's not a cop who'll bust you for solicitation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.