Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:54 PM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunWild View Post

On the flip side we have people like the reformed Mormons, who still practice polygamy. Honestly, I've thought about that. LOL!!! Do you think I could pass as a Mormon?
I lol'd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 PM

322 posts, read 429,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Yeah I am friends with a married couple that are into the swinger lifestyle, and now she is pregnant and there is no way of knowing for sure who the father is. So that is fun right? Yeah, no thanks.
Stupid mistake and one easy to avoid. Nuff said.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:03 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,811 times
Quote:
Stupid mistake and one easy to avoid. Nuff said.
Accidents happen.

Not sure why you're interested in open relationships anyway. You seem pretty content paying for sex in your other threads.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:04 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,695,564 times
Quote:
Yeah I am friends with a married couple that are into the swinger lifestyle, and now she is pregnant and there is no way of knowing for sure who the father is. So that is fun right? Yeah, no thanks.
That's just stupid. You would have to have a screw loose to go to a swinger's party and not have safe sex.

I'd say she made the bed so she has to lie in it but on second thought that was the problem in the first case!

Old 02-19-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
That's just stupid. You would have to have a screw loose to go to a swinger's party and not have safe sex.

I'd say she made the bed so she has to lie in it but on second thought that was the problem in the first case!
Really? Like accidental pregnancies don't happen? Am I the only person on Earth that has heard of such a thing? What do you think she was barebacking guys? I never said anything of the sort.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Really? Like accidental pregnancies don't happen? Am I the only person on Earth that has heard of such a thing? What do you think she was barebacking guys? I never said anything of the sort.
With both the pill and condom use, accidental pregnancies are very rare. Any women who sees more than one man takes the same risk. And they can do a DNA test to resolve this.

The point is, you are talking about the exception to the rule for anyone who uses their head.

If there is a god, I am extremely grateful that my ex and I never had an accident in 25 years.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
With both the pill and condom use, accidental pregnancies are very rare. Any women who sees more than one man takes the same risk. And they can do a DNA test to resolve this.

The point is, you are talking about the exception to the rule for anyone who uses their head.
I'm just saying it happens. Regardless though it wouldn't happen to me because the idea of sharing the woman I love with other people is quite frankly repulsive. To each their own though. Whatever floats your boat.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:19 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,695,564 times
Quote:
Accidental pregnancies , as in "I was walking down the street and became accidentally pregnant. What a shock"

Old 02-19-2013, 08:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:

If there is a god, I am extremely grateful that my ex and I never had an accident in 25 years.

[no comment about the topic of the thread]

Old 02-20-2013, 12:05 AM

I wanted to respond to one reputation response that I recieved.

Quote:
these kinds of relationships are engaged in by really lost folks who have no idea just how much they are allowing their souls to be sucked dry and how empty they'll be in the end when its too late to fix what they've done. I pity them, and u, truly
I have been through a lot and have ventured through the looking glass. And I think attitudes like that expressed above have it partially right, and partially wrong. Lost folks. Well, I think by defintion all explorers are lost, and this is what many people, including me, are really doing. Most of these people are least in their thirties and have been or are still married. I think it is reasonably self evident that if marriage was working for people like us, we wouldn't be doing this. So lost, perhaps, but only because the singular marrital institution recognized by society didn't work for us as planned. Even people who apparently are reasonably happy and still love each other, want more.

Marriage is an ancient tradition based largely on religious ceromony and mysticism. There is no reason to expect that something this primitive will serve the needs of everyone today. If you wish to live a life of self sacrifice due to some religous biased, fine, but don't delude yourself into thinking that what might work for you necessarily will work for everyone else. Because while many will look down their nose on those who have different needs, this really stems from fear - fear of the unknown.

There is one fetish where men are aroused by women who have a third toe longer than their second toe. Is that sick... or weird, or what? To me it is so specific that it isn't even sexual. It's just weird. But for some reason, this is how some men are wired. Some women, most apparently, like to be spanked. Some people like restraints and so forth while others are horrified at the thought. Some guys never want anyone but their wife. Others can't stop chasing women. And apparently some people are driven to hyper-strange extremes that leave the rest of us just shaking out heads in disbelief. I cross that line for some people, and others like my internet aquaintance who wanted to be humiliated, cross the line, waaaaaaay over the line, for me. But what really drives all of this? Is this a moral issue, as the great prophets have written?

The point is this. I have come to believe that human sexuality is just as diverse and complex as is any other aspect of ourselves. Genetics, and events that happened in the womb or during any stage in life can affect our desires. For some people, the traditional relationship just doesn't offer enough. I think it is about time that we come out of the dark ages, quit using the ancient prophets to define modern relationships, kick the mystics out of the honeymoon suite, and come to terms with the incredibly strange and wondeful, and sometimes scary and vile nature of human sexuality. There are many things that I've seen that I personally find disgusting. But as long as no one is getting hurt, to each their own. Apparently some people need some very strange things in order to satisfy essential desires. And just as we are beginning to come to terms with homosexual relationships, I suspect we will eventually come to terms with more complex relationships as well. I can remember when statements like that quoted above was the common attitude toward homosexuals. In my opinion, the contributor exhibits a similar error in thinking as those who considered homosexuals misguided, not so long ago.

What left me empty and lost was marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships