Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:40 PM

592 posts, read 461,181 times

Advertisements

Well I'll just try my best to be more positive then

Last edited by ChuckG2008; 02-21-2013 at 07:17 PM..

Old 02-21-2013, 07:21 PM

499 posts, read 756,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I guess if someone clearly stated that they would never be attracted to someone who wasn't a certain height - that could be construed as being prejudiced. But you are right in that we are all entitled to go for whatever it is we fancy. We can't change the people who don't want us - so it doesn't make sense to dwell on it. It also starts to become a crutch for every rejection and failure - "Well, they didn't want me because I'm short!" - when it could have been some other reason. And when you start to dwell on it - it starts to become a self fulfilling prophecy. The best thing to do is just look for the people that are attracted to you and have a positive attitude.
Same as the women/guys here who complain "I'm overlooked for being dark skinned/overweight/unattractive/too thin/flat chested!/too tall/too short/indian/asian/whatever"

Instead of complaining about those who don't want you, look for those who do.

Point is, preference is preference, and no preference is less or more shallow, less or morally correct than another. They're all the same. Someone somewhere isn't interested in you for whatever trait they don't like.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:29 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckG2008 View Post
Well I'll just try my best to be more positive then
Now THAT is a step in the right direction!!!

Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Same as the women/guys here who complain "I'm overlooked for being dark skinned/overweight/unattractive/too thin/flat chested!/too tall/too short/indian/asian/whatever"

Instead of complaining about those who don't want you, look for those who do.

Point is, preference is preference, and no preference is less or more shallow, less or morally correct than another. They're all the same. Someone somewhere isn't interested in you for whatever trait they don't like.
Exactly!

Old 02-22-2013, 02:53 PM

52 posts, read 74,021 times
How many of you are short men, exactly?

Old 02-22-2013, 05:15 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium View Post
How many of you are short men, exactly?
I'm 5'7. I'm not sure where the cutoff for "short" is, but I am often the shortest man in any given room I may be in.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:22 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
Quote:
Okay, I really would like to get people's honest imput on this question, and I don't mean this as a form of self-pity or anything like that! This has been a subject that has intrigued me for the past couple of days and I wanted to hear about other people's personal experiences to gauge whether or not there is some truth to my musings lol.
Which is worse when it comes to trying to attract members of the opposite gender: being a short man or an overweight woman? From the perspective of a 5'5" guy, it seems to me that men are more accepting of a woman's "overweight-ness," if you will, than women are of a man's lack of height. I mean, I see plenty of overweight women with decent-looking dudes, so I really don't understand why overweight women are so down on themselves all the time, feeling like they need to be "empowered" and what not by relentlessly being told that they are sexy regardless of their size and all that. Now, for the record, I have no problem with overweight women and I find some of them sexy from time to time, but where are the groups reassuring us short guys that we "are sexy regardless of our size?" I've personally encountered a fair number of overweight women who I've found somewhat appealing but who don't respond at all to my friendliness, and it just strikes me as kind of odd. Like, you demand that people overlook your physical shortcomings, but you're not about to overlook mine! I don't know, this is just something that has been pressing on me recently and I just had to get it out there! Thoughts?

Being a short man.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I'm 5'7. I'm not sure where the cutoff for "short" is, but I am often the shortest man in any given room I may be in.
I'm 5'2". I rarely meet anyone shorter than me

Old 02-23-2013, 06:46 PM

592 posts, read 461,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium View Post
I'm 5'2". I rarely meet anyone shorter than me
Well, that makes me feel a little better LOL. How old are you?

Old 02-26-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Well, that makes me feel a little better LOL. How old are you?
:/ 19, you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships