Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 11:14 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,676,829 times

Advertisements

Only like LONG hair. As a girl gets older, USUALLY the gets shorter...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 11:36 AM

5,312 posts, read 6,075,758 times
Love long hair..Short hair on allot of women looks butchy,it gives that i married and give up trying to look good vibe

Old 08-12-2009, 12:01 PM

1,461 posts, read 4,850,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
What's up with the hair thing?
I always read how men love long hair, blah blah...but when I look around, especially at women my age, the married women have short hair. Sometimes, as short as the man's.Now...sometimes, short hair can be very sexy...so don't get me wrong. I am talking about the ones who just cut it all off. Just because it's a bother, because they don't "need it" anymore. Which leads me to wonder about all the fussing over the shorter hair. The salon visits constantly, the gels, sprays, setting, special devices that look almost phallic. Like one place I worked, this girl had nice hair, just past her shoulders. She gets married, and a few inches get lopped off, and it still looked nice. Then, one day, she comes in, and it's Man Hair time. The other women praised her, as if she somehow surrendered herself to things because now, she has a "hairdo". What's up with that? "Oh, that looks nice!" More like nice and bland and nothing. Were they happy now, because she was like them? And to make it worse, in another month, it was even shorter. Somehow, cutting it made more work, more fussing, more obsessing with the hair. Why is short hair considered easier to care for? They all had the same hairdo, with the ends jelled and spiked up and out. Same hairdo. Maybe same thoughts, same brains? Is this about conformity? Where is David Crosby with "Almost Cut My Hair?" So men like this? Because this is what I see them marrying. My hair is just past my shoulders, but it waves a lot, so I lose some of the length when it dries. I am not ready to cut my hair all off and I guess to me, that's like getting old. I am not for long witchy gray hair either. Just my thing. Do women who cut their hair find guys who love them easier? If you look around, it sure looks like it. Or am I missing something here? (I've been known to do that)"Hey can I have some of your purple berries???"
Ah, to cut or not to cut that is the question. First of all, it is personal preference when and if a woman cuts her hair and at what age. I don't pay too much attention to how other women's hair looks because I have all I can tend to with my own. I have seen absolutely beautiful women in their late 60's with long, gray hair that is beautifully styled in an upsweep, my 80 year old mother-in-law has gorgeous silver hair cut very short and she is very petite so it looks great on her. It all depends on what the woman wants and what she prefers.

For years I have listened to my sisters "suggest" I should keep my hair short but have always maintained shoulder length because that is what I prefer. My hair my decision. Oh, and I recently at age 61 did find a cute short haircut that I am considering and my husband LOVES it, AND I plan to cut it regardless of what he wants because it is my hair.

How old you feel is not based on the length or color of your hair; that is for sure and for certain. I am hoping that I never totally grow up because I am having way too much fun with my life now and would have fun evenm if I were bald!! Relax....do what you want with your hair..no one really cares one way or the other.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Only like LONG hair. As a girl gets older, USUALLY the gets shorter...
Ok Jag Man...your preference the long hair thing but in all honesty, can you tell me that Halle Berry with her very short hair is not attractive?? Hmmmmmmm let me think, to wake up and look like Halle Berry short hair and all or stay like I am on a diet, short, and shoulder length hair. GEE WIZZ I cannot decide.....NOT. LOL

Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,602,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Ok Jag Man...your preference the long hair thing but in all honesty, can you tell me that Halle Berry with her very short hair is not attractive?? Hmmmmmmm let me think, to wake up and look like Halle Berry short hair and all or stay like I am on a diet, short, and shoulder length hair. GEE WIZZ I cannot decide.....NOT. LOL

Old 08-12-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Love long hair..Short hair on allot of women looks butchy,it gives that i married and give up trying to look good vibe
NOOOO so not true..not true at all!! Can you tell me that Halle Berry looks Butch?? I don't think so! What about Mariska Haggerty on Criminal Intent SVU..?? Her hair is short and she is far from Butch. Her Mom was Jayne Mansfield and if you don't know who that was, ask someone a little older. Again, it is only your opinion that short hair is butch on women and that is ok but before you totally condemn those of us who like shorter hair re-think your opinion and consider the two women I have mentioned.

My Mother-in-Law is 80 and before my Father In Law died last year they had 57 years of marriage; her with short hair the whole time and him a devishly handsome fire fighter..so there goes that theory. She was a great wife, is a great Mom and a great Mother In Law...nothing to do with her hair.

Marriage is not about how someone's hair looks. If that were the case, no woman would ever marry a bald guy now would they???

Old 08-12-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
What don't you get?? Read Jag Man's post about long and short hair. I might have missed copying the whole thing in my response. Sorry I confused you.

CP

Old 08-12-2009, 12:58 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,969,509 times
i think short hair is just a really difficult look for women to pull off. unless you have a small chiseled looking face (victoria beckham, natalie imbruglia years ago, and well cant think of anyone else), it looks really unflattering. the shortest i have had my hair is at my shoulders and i hated it. my mother is 54 and has her hair on the longer side at her age, which is just maybe at her shoulders. she doesnt like short hair, and my dad doesnt like short hair either.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:48 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,560,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temp123 View Post
long hair make women look more feminine. short hair make women look tom boyish.
most of us men are not attracted to tom boy.
Thanks to the one hit wonder for bringing up this 2 year old thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Halle Berry is drop dead gorgeous and is far better looking than the average woman. Not a fair comparison. Halle Berry would look good bald - and only because she has a stunnigly beautiful face.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:31 AM

1 posts, read 5,369 times
I am just looking for a long haired muscular tall man in portland oregon that wants to date a married woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships