Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 11:51 AM

650 posts, read 701,933 times

Advertisements

Should try posting a picture of an older, handsome male on one of the singles sites. Man in his 50's or 60's. That's it. Don't post any statements in his profile, give generic answers to the questions the site asks in profiles Examples: Eyes-Blue, What do you make a year-$50-60,000, Are you single/divorced/widowed-Div...................

See what happens? Your dummy will get hundreds of women clicking his profile in a few weeks, approximately one third of them will message him, at least 20 will send him flirts or message that they like his picture, another 20 will favorite him.

Repeat the process except use a plain looking man and your dummy will get next to nothing and the few he gets will be the on-line singles site version of bird waste.

Let me know what your experiments showed you.

Try Big Beautiful People Meet, Senior People Meet, Plenty Of Fish, OkCupid

Last edited by garonick; 02-22-2013 at 12:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 11:52 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,192,034 times
Ooooo! How old is an "older male"?

Old 02-22-2013, 11:58 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Um, ok? It's no secret attractive people in general do better on online dating sites. The same thing happens with profiles that have photos of attractive women with no additional information. Looks are a selling point - the women who favorited the photo were likely using that as a bookmark to see if they were still interested when the profile was filled out further.

I can't speak for all women, but I will say that looks will pique my interest, but generally they don't really mean much to me after the initial meeting. The guy I'm seeing now was a definite "meh. ok." until he sucked me in with his amazing personality. Now I think he's amazingly attractive.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:59 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Looks are THE foot in the door. You work from there.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:03 PM

All should be able to get in the door.
Equal opportunity.
What if you said "White is the foot in the door"?

Old 02-22-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Um, ok? It's no secret attractive people in general do better on online dating sites. The same thing happens with profiles that have photos of attractive women with no additional information. Looks are a selling point - the women who favorited the photo were likely using that as a bookmark to see if they were still interested when the profile was filled out further.

I can't speak for all women, but I will say that looks will pique my interest, but generally they don't really mean much to me after the initial meeting. The guy I'm seeing now was a definite "meh. ok." until he sucked me in with his amazing personality. Now I think he's amazingly attractive.
Which means you might overlook the non looker.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:06 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
Equal opportunity.
What is your proposal for ensuring that people are no longer attracted to attractive people? I would love to hear it.

Oh, is this one of those subtle "I'm ugly but I deserve to get a woman" posts? Please advise.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:07 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Default Tonight, on I'm Witless News...

Attractive people attract people!

Film at 11:00.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:08 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Equal opportunity.
When I said looks, I meant whatever is the better look within the demographics a woman is looking at. If people want to see the lack of political correctness in action, white women on dating sites typically check the caucasian box in what they are looking for. If you're talking African-American, Denzel gets the foot in the door before the guy who looks like a crack dealer.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:11 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Which means you might overlook the non looker.
Probably not. On OKC, I generally look over the profiles of pretty much anyone who hits match percentage over 85%. And as I said, my initial reaction to the guy I'm seeing now in terms of looks was kind of "meh" - I went out with him because his profile was very upbeat and positive without sounding forced, and he just seemed like a good time. He is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships