Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:23 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Do you do this?

For example, I was talking to someone, and he told me a couple came to view an apartment. The guy was good looking and well dressed, but the woman was not. He said something seemed off.

However, this got me thinking about my own relationships. I'm a good looking guy, and usually date less attractive women. I prefer a good personality / character, and am attracted to all different types of women. I've never really thought about it, but I do recall some stares by others when with exes.

I don't really care, I just found the comment odd.
In my view, men who have unattractive women are either poor, they have low self esteem, or they're addicted to sex to such a degree that they will take anything. Most men have fairly decent looking women though..

Either way, people do judge you based on what kind of partner you have. I know I do (and I'm a fairly open minded individual). I look at it as, water seeks it own level.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
In my view, men who have unattractive women are either poor, they have low self esteem, or they're addicted to sex to such a degree that they will take anything. Most men have fairly decent looking women though..

Either way, people do judge you based on what kind of partner you have. I know I do (and I'm a fairly open minded individual). I look at it as, water seeks it own level.....
Yes, you made that clear in your first paragraph.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:43 PM

8 posts, read 8,000 times
Quote:

Or maybe they actually see something deeper than just looks like personality and an emotional connection . After all, beauty fades over time. Attractiveness is also subjective. Different people have different opinions on what is attractive and not attractive. What you consider attractive could be unattractive to other people.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:49 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFrank1977 View Post
Or maybe they actually see something deeper than just looks like personality and an emotional connection . After all, beauty fades over time. Attractiveness is also subjective. Different people have different opinions on what is attractive and not attractive.
And really, what does it matter what others think of your relationship? You spend more time, hopefully, with your partner, than you do with your friends. She is the important one. If your relationship works, that is fine.

I think we are all past high school here...and beyond having to be seen with the cheerleaders. But, if that is where you are...then, find the prettiest one.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:16 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
The vast majority of the time, the people who say "What is he doing with her?" Are women

Old 02-23-2013, 08:48 PM

4 posts, read 2,819 times
If they judge, let them. it's a free world.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:54 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
No, I don't think beautiful people should only date each other. In those cases, their kids usually come out ugly anyway.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:00 AM

650 posts, read 701,933 times
Quote:
In my view, men who have unattractive women are either poor, they have low self esteem
Try NYC. If she's 90 years old, if she's over 400 pounds, if she's living in a dumpster or on the subway and she's a real biological woman who likes you then I'd say you are doing well.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:09 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
Try NYC. If she's 90 years old, if she's over 400 pounds, if she's living in a dumpster or on the subway and she's a real biological woman who likes you then I'd say you are doing well.
I'm going to assume that the non-underlined qualities are not qualities that you find desirable. When I lived in NYC I dated younger, less massive, better housed biological women that liked me. So did my male friends.

There seemed to be plenty of young, moderately sized, housed, biological women available for dating - in my experience. Which may be different than your experience.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
I am a self proclaimed dork…I have no specific “type”
I have dated many ethnicities…different builds and so forth…

I recall dating one of my old HS friends I reunited with…he was Irish as all hell, a techie nerd…he was a red head, ( shaves his head) sports a beard…
Tatted sleeves, drank like an Irishman…
He was loud, crass eccentric…I adored him…Needless to state he was my first and last FWB..
To me? We were compatible though he could not see it at the time..here we are two years later and he is still trying to get with me, realizing that he really did want more but I am over it…

However back on topic…One of my besties ( The one that relocated to OK)
STATED to me after she met him? “I never did see what you saw in him”
True while he was not “conventionally” good looking…he was interesting..he had a different look about him, he shared the same political views..shared the same passion for foreign films and quirky indies.. He was a DJ in his spare time, he adores Trance and EDM, which I adore, he made me my personal sleepy trance CD that he would pop in when I stayed over, his dog slept in bed with us ( I miss that dog) she was a beetch…no pun intended…she does not and has not liked any other woman but me..*smiles*
I did not care what others thought! I adored him and that was enough…
He still remains a great friend…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships