Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 07:58 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,042,295 times

Advertisements

Can't women usually tell when a guy wants her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 09:01 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,914,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Can't women usually tell when a guy wants her?
No, not all of us are Johnny Bravo's and Leisure Suit Larry's. We can be subtle and we can be shy, insecure etc too...women's intuition doesn't always work and women are people who vary as individuals.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:38 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,123,183 times
stick your finger up his anus and see how he reacts.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
No, not all of us are Johnny Bravo's and Leisure Suit Larry's. We can be subtle and we can be shy, insecure etc too...women's intuition doesn't always work and women are people who vary as individuals.
It's about nonverbal cues. How the guy looks at a woman; checking her body out; the eye contact.

For the OP: Either the guy isn't interested, is extremely shy, or gay. Invite him over, have some drinks, and make a move. Otherwise, it seems you will never know.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
stick your finger up his anus and see how he reacts.
That is irrelevant regarding whether someone is attracted to the same sex.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:08 PM

14 posts, read 37,051 times
Usually I can, but this one is an excepation. That is why I have the question.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:13 PM

14 posts, read 37,051 times
You are probably right. I think I will ask him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
It's about nonverbal cues. How the guy looks at a woman; checking her body out; the eye contact.

For the OP: Either the guy isn't interested, is extremely shy, or gay. Invite him over, have some drinks, and make a move. Otherwise, it seems you will never know.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,646,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp13579 View Post
I knew a guy from work. We work in the same city but not at the same site. We have seen each other for more than a year. He only asked me out for dinner after work once a week but never on weekends including Friday. He never calls me except the day before the day for dinner just to ask me if I want to go. We had dinner and always (no exception) went dutch. After dinner we sometimes went back to my apartment and watched TV together. We have never touched each other not even the hands, although he tried to sit close to me in the couch when watching TV. He sometimes invited me to a few parties hosted by his high school friends in town. He told me he goes to their guy's night out every Monday, which is a gathering with his high school male friends. He is in his mid forty and never gets married. He also told me that he has never had a girl friend. He said the longest dating time with a girl is a few months. We never talk about anything about our relationship, except one time (half a year after we started to do dinners) when I asked if he was ever in a relationship, he asked me how do I think of the relationship between he and me. I said I don’t think we are in a relationship but just hang out together and I am happy with that. I have noticed that he has some kind of close relationship with one of his high school friends, who is also never married and has no girl friend (except that he told me that RECENTLY that friend is dating a woman he met from Facebook). It seemed that they do a lot of things together. Their houses are a few miles apart. And I have noticed that he was excited and looked happy when that friend was around. From all his behaviors toward me and that friend, I sometimes doubted if he is straight. I don’t know how to check on that. What problem do you see in him? How can I find out if he is straight or not?
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Do you want to have a sexual relationship with him? If not MYOB until he brings it up.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,150,869 times
21st century, darling, go for it, just be prepared to deal with the fallout.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:25 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,822,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
These days, it seems that men who are homosexual aren't as reticent about disclosing it as they once were. If you would like your relationship to possibly move forward, you need to have an honest, direct conversation with him. If you are looking for a potential husband, you need to know this so that you can move on and not continue to date a man that you will have no future with.

20yrsinBranson
Excellent advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships