Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 11:18 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,808,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Again - what are you basing this on? It seems you have limited experience in this area so I'm not sure what you are expecting.
Hearing my sisters talk about men (not so much my female friends though), being in a room when women talk about men (albeit it doesn't happen that often), dating sites (I know, totally different ball-game), silly TV shows like Sex and the City. It's just a vibe I get.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:18 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,081,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Like for example, I'm 25 years old.

In my opinion if I did an experiment and took an average 25 year old female and showed her a random sample of 50 guys In her general age range 21-27 she would find a much smaller amount of men attractive then if I Took a 25 year old man and gave him a similar sample(but 21-27 year old Females)

Men are just easier to please when It comes to physical appearance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I've said this a number of times and people either overlook it or ignore it.
I don't disagree. BUT - I think women are more willing to get to know someone before they make a judgement on them based on looks whereas men usually need to have that attraction right off the bat to give them a chance. Obviously - this will vary greatly based on the individual. Some women are more looks driven and some men will be willing to give someone a chance they don't find that attractive right off the bat. But I'd say it holds true for the majority.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Hearing my sisters talk about men (not so much my female friends though), being in a room when women talk about men (albeit it doesn't happen that often), dating sites (I know, totally different ball-game), silly TV shows like Sex and the City. It's just a vibe I get.
And this upsets you because you want women who don't know you to find you sexy?

Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 AM

29,640 posts, read 34,134,862 times
Quote:
I don't disagree. BUT - I think women are more willing to get to know someone before they make a judgement on them based on looks whereas men usually need to have that attraction right off the bat to give them a chance. Obviously - this will vary greatly based on the individual. Some women are more looks driven and some men will be willing to give someone a chance they don't find that attractive right off the bat. But I'd say it holds true for the majority.
If you did the experiment and showed women videos of men answering questions or generally talking for a few minutes, the number of men who'd be considered attractive would be greater than just from static pictures.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,279,799 times
Quote:
Totally legit reasoning. Your sisters and Sex in the City are a great/large sample population.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,808,656 times
Quote:
And this upsets you because you want women who don't know you to find you sexy?
No I just feel I can't live up to whatever standards they have. Like a man has to tick all these boxes and any fault is unacceptable. That's it really, women seem just less likely to overlook faults and you always hear them complaining about about men in general. It seems the male gender is being put down everywhere we look, sometimes in subtle ways. It's not something women and many men will always pick up on.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
No I just feel I can't live up to whatever standards they have. Like a man has to tick all these boxes and any fault is unacceptable. That's it really, women seem just less likely to overlook faults and you always hear them complaining about about men in general. It seems the male gender is being put down everywhere we look, sometimes in subtle ways. It's not something women and many men will always pick up on.
So, you are upset because you think that women that you don't know and have never met are pickier than you are and you feel like these women that you don't know and have never met are putting down the male gender?

Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,536,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Men are just easier to impress when It comes to physical appearance
That's because you have more impressive things to look at on a woman. Maybe she has one or more of the following: pretty face/hair/skin, nice clothing that accentuates attractive body parts. What do you guys have to look at exactly? My eyes always gravitate to men's faces. Occasionally, I might notice that he's in good physical shape- if he actually is and dresses in a way that's flattering. But mostly, the face is what's going to grab my attention or not. If you guys think a girl's face is just ok, you can easily find other things to admire.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,145,058 times
Trimac, men are more visually orientated than women. Women notice and appreciate men's physical apperance as well but it's simply not as important.

What you say, what you wear, how you act, your body language, your job and social status are all more important than your looks. Utility is more important than being - what you do is more important than who you are or what you look like.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:57 AM

518 posts, read 1,001,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Trimac, men are more visually orientated than women. Women notice and appreciate men's physical apperance as well but it's simply not as important.

What you say, what you wear, how you act, your body language, your job and social status are all more important than your looks. Utility is more important than being - what you do is more important than who you are or what you look like.
I don't think the bolded statement is true at all! I don't care if a guy was a doctor, was a "pillar" of his community, was well spoken, dressed well, acted like a polite gentleman and used proper body language...if he has an unattractive face and/or body, I wouldn't approach him nor would I be attracted to him.

His physical attractiveness would capture my attention and my interest - the non-physical aspects about him such as his personality, what he says, how he dresses, etc. would keep my attention and my interest in him. Some women, including myself, are just as visual as men are! If he's not good looking or physically attractive in any way, I wouldn't be interested in his personality or anything else about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.