Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 12:27 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Well said. But as far as 20-somethings are concerned, by the way females treat me I don't feel 'sexy.' I guess because women aren't as pro-active/don't have as much of a consumptive sex drive. They're apparently more concerned with BEING sexy than chasing sexy. They compete among each other to be sexy, and compliment each other on how sexy they are. For men, this isn't tolerated because men are more about 'desiring' and lusting after another. Yet women can do that too. Not in an identical way, but they still can. If they can drool over a well-muscled man, you have to ask what about those muscles do they find sexy. Is it aesthetics, what he represents.etc? The same could be said of why men find certain traits sexy and how that has also been moulded by society.
You might be on to something re: this comment (not as much your original one)...I've found in general that other WOMEN are far more judgemental towards me about my body, my choice in fashion, grooming, hairstyle, exercise, eating, etc. etc. than most men, my husband and previous boyfriends included.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:07 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
Quote:
You just get the feeling that they love them in SPITE of their body, not because of it
To my fellow men:

If your woman loves you for - or in spite of - your body, then you'd best keep your heart guarded, as she won't be with you forever.

If she loves you for the man that you are, and your good looks are icing on the cake for her (or your not-so-good looks don't outweigh her love for the man you are), then you've found a keeper.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:14 AM

237 posts, read 440,615 times
Quote:
The first is an assumption, sure, but I'm going to put it to you that I believe that most heterosexual men with a 'normal' sex drive would probably not turn down an average (average as in average) woman - or rather her body - for sex, in a world where sex was guilt-free and freely available and totally detached from relationships and other measures.

My question is, would you say the opposite is untrue or true? Give reasons. From what I've read/heard.etc it seems the opposite doesn't seem true. Like I said in a previous post, few women these days seem like big fans of the male gender as a whole, just a select few. The average male body is not seen as sexy, whereas a woman who just doesn't eat much can be sexy. Women fawn over men with exceptional physiques yet many say average men just having boring bodies. They tend to woo them through non-physical means. How often are men with average or thinner or slightly chubbier body types held up as being sexy innately, and not as some corny representation of domination/power?

This, of course, is ignoring the elephant in the room which is the idea that women supposedly care less about looks than men. If this is the case, then an average male body should be acceptable as long as he fits her other criteria - confidence, strength.etc. It gets complicated when the appearance of strength is a physical attribute.
It's because a lot of women, like most humans in general, want things that they probably will not receive and will then complain about why they feel cheated out of their entitled partner

Old 01-22-2014, 01:01 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Does average mean in the middle range of extremes of ugly & gorgeous or does it mean the most common body type?
If latter, then no. Most men are fat now. Not into that, won't lie. Obvious belly is a major turn-off for me.
If the former, then not a problem & that's probably all I've dated. I've tended to end up with slender men with no muscle tone, but no excess fat either. I was drawn to them immediately because of the vibe they gave off, not because of or in spite of their looks.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:46 AM

620 posts, read 1,198,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Who ever is telling you that is full of crap!! However maybe it has to do with confidence? When you work out the brain releases endorphins making you feel good about yourself therefor maybe the added confidence will attract more women?

A individual who takes care of themselves is attractive.
I hate when women say stuff like this. Like he may be ugly but he's attractive because he has a good heart and he takes car of himself. I never understood this and I never will. For me it doesn't matter if a girl is a serial killer or a saint attraction is physical.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:26 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
This thread again? Actually I think its a pretty good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
only gay men truly seem to flaunt their sexuality or see themselves as sexual beings. The only way for most men to truly feel 'sexy' is to enter into a gay relationship, I think. Only a minority of women are sexually aggressive enough.

If you really think this then you might want to look into a gay relationship-give it a whirl.

That is funny, and it is sad that female physical form is pushed by modern society as being sexual and admired and not so for the male form. Apparently in these times it take a gay man to appreciate the male form. Personaly It's a turn on when a woman I'm seeing appreciates me physically and vocally lets me know.

The attraction is obviously not inate since the ancients in Greece and Rome obviously appreciated the male form as evidenced by their statues. One thing I do like about the statues is they are more realistic than the ultra low fat ideal of today. They show the muscles but have a realistic level of fat.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:30 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
I do believe men have a much mroe diverse taste/ideal in women then vice versa

Old 01-22-2014, 11:44 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
I hate when women say stuff like this. Like he may be ugly but he's attractive because he has a good heart and he takes car of himself. I never understood this and I never will. For me it doesn't matter if a girl is a serial killer or a saint attraction is physical.
Attraction is mostly physical, but for men, not women. All that a man has to do, is do his best with what he was given, and that is usually good enough for almost any woman. Men are not women and women are not men. We need, want, expect, judge, appreciate, see the world, operate, rationalize and do everything else in completely different, often opposite ways. Equality isn't sameness. Because a woman can vote, doesn't mean she is now also attracted to feminine.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:59 AM

457 posts, read 605,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm not sure if men are more likely to be attracted to the average female body or vice versa, but even if this is true... so what? Most men can do wonders with their body with a good diet and good gym work. Women get hung up on silly stuff that can't be changed... length of legs, size of breasts, where one carries one's fat. For men, it's pretty easy. Pretty much any man who hits the gym and eats right can have an "ideal" male form... not so much for women.
You clearly know nothing of metabolism.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:03 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
The OP's question:

Are women attracted to the average male body?

Is not proven by his assertion that:

Most hetero men with a normal sex drive would probably not turn down an average woman.

Whether or not a man (or woman) turns down someone for sex is not merely dependent on attraction levels.

As far as the initial question, I believe more women are attracted to the average male body than people think. It is just not as socially acceptable for women to check out the 'average guy' and talk about his physical attributes, which is why they often do so discreetly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships