Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 01:22 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,145,931 times

Advertisements

You're not going to meet too many people who are receptive to advances in public spaces. Why don't you use your social network and see if there's any single friends of friends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 01:27 PM

11,756 posts, read 11,958,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Body language is not a mental game that women do. A large percentage of overall communication between people who are talking IS done through body language. Both men and women give and receive communication signals through body language, everyday, and every time they communicate.

If your not adept at picking up body language signals, you may want to learn some about them since they do play such a major role in properly understanding people through interacting with them. (Socially, romantically, professionally, etc).
^^^^ This.

You wouldn't barge in on your boss when he was on the phone, or in the middle of a meeting, to say something to him. If you paid attention to his body language, you could gauge his mood and know when it is or isn't a good time to approach him.

If you're oblivious to social cues and body language, it explains why you're not having success in your interactions.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:30 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,702,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
I am what the world made me, but feel free to add me to that lovely ignore list if your so upset by my digital presence.
No, you are what you choose to be.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:34 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,088,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Body language is not a mental game that women do. A large percentage of overall communication between people who are talking IS done through body language. Both men and women give and receive communication signals through body language, everyday, and every time they communicate.

If your not adept at picking up body language signals, you may want to learn some about them since they do play such a major role in properly understanding people through interacting with them. (Socially, romantically, professionally, etc).
Exactly. And if someone doesn't want to be approached - isn't it better that they show that with their body language? It's not rude - it's just efficient. When I lived in the city - I usually walked around with my travel face on - meaning I was traveling from point A to point B in the quickest, most efficient way possible. I did not want to be approached, hounded for change, etc. Plus, I've always been in a relationship - so I was never available anyway. Isn't it better that I didn't look approachable? Saves everyone some time and energy. Although - it seems that some people were never deterred. Oh well.

And in terms of body language signals - you are right in that we all use them in all areas of life. And it's usually ver clear when someone is socially inept at understanding them. One of my neighbors is like that. I was talking to her and the son of another one of our neighbors walked by. I wanted to say hello to him and ask him how he was doing since he walks our dog sometimes (and because that's just the nice and polite thing to do) - and I kept smiling at him and trying to turn away from the neighbor that I was talking to. She did not get the hint. She went on talking to me at a mile a minute without letting me get in a word in edgewise. It was very frustrating!

Old 03-01-2013, 03:02 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,127,431 times
Quote:
Begs the question why your even here then, but whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I don't see any "you have to be single to participate" signs.
Agreed. The name of this forum is relationships, not lack of relationships.

I also agree with the comments about body language, although if someone has Aspergers et al it can be a real problem for the person.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:24 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,797,563 times
Quote:
No, you are what you choose to be.
You don't know who I am or what i've experienced throughout my life to result in who I am today, especially the situations that were out of my control, so spare me the pep talk crap.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:28 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,702,489 times
Quote:
You don't know who I am or what i've experienced throughout my life to result in who I am today, especially the situations that were out of my control, so spare me the pep talk crap.
Oh please, as if you're the only person in the world with a sob story to tell. We are who we CHOOSE to be, the things we CHOOSE to do, the attitude we CHOOSE to take. Not everyone is successful and beautiful but we can still be happy and content and enjoy life.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:03 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,797,563 times
Quote:
We are who we CHOOSE to be, the things we CHOOSE to do, the attitude we CHOOSE to take.

Choice Is An Illusion - YouTube

Last edited by AT-AT28; 03-01-2013 at 06:28 PM..

Old 03-01-2013, 06:06 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,145,931 times
I too base my life perspective on the Matrix trilogy.

Brb flying.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,165,218 times
Quote:
When you woman walk around in public with a tight, firm frown on your face and eyes locked into the distance ahead like twin lasers and acting like you have a ponderosa tree shoved up your butts, your not the most approachable of creatures, let alone wanting to warm up to looking and behaving like that.
Honestly? This is not needed or warranted…
You seem to be very defensive and looking for an answer to question you probably do not even understand…

First of all it is always Bad Business TO generalize…Nothing good can come from this type of behavior..It actually does the opposite..It cements these ridiculous beliefs that are simply untrue…

Second- Women are not always supposed to walk around with a “Smile” this is just weird..
Third- Her job is not to be “ready” for the moment you choose to grace her by walking by her and to be ready for you with a smile…

Fourth- Despite the rumors you may have come across people ( Any gender) may be in a Hurry, having a bad day, Worried about being late for work or an appt. They may going through something in their life…Judging is never a good idea…

How can you possibly judge an entire gender when in reality these are random people, strangers and running into them again ( All of them) in the same day can you state the same?

Non-approachable? Well sorry to state the truth, SOME women have been hit on in public places and it has felt uncomfortable.

Perfect I.E. Tonight after a work out I went to the local quick mart I always frequent and was having a convo with the girl who works there ( We always chat)
I was wearing yoga pants and a form fitting work out top ( Long, not showing too much cleavage)
As I am waiting for my card to go through and chatting and alas..SMILING…
Some random man asks the cashier in Spanish…”Can you ask her, her name?” My cashier friend is confused and asks “The other girl who works here?”
The guy shakes his head and points to me and my cashier friend states “No way, she will get mad” ( An excuse because she see this guy was a creeper)
And tells me “He wants to know your name” I laugh and shake my head, he turns to me and states “She will not mad right hunny” In Spanish..
Little did he know that I am fluent..and ewww….
I looked behind me at the other 3 customers who were all male looking at this guy and then at me like “Really?”

So what were you saying again?

Quote:
Cause both genders are equally hurt, pissed, betrayed, bitter, lonely and depressed nowadays.
There you again generalizing...SOME not all...

I did not bother to quote the banter you were having with Lilac or DJUNA...
But really? They were correcting you on generalizing and basically grasping at straws...
You straight out attacked them...smh..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships