Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 08:13 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,685,747 times

Advertisements

This is one of thoe questions that is not at all confusing and is very simple. Yet people continue to try and make it complicated. Maybe it wouldn't be that way if so many people didn't view people over the age of 30 or 40 as "old" and "ugly". Fact is, on the rare occasion I pursue an older woman it is because 1-I find her very attractive. 2-part of the attraction probably lies in the fact that she is probably going to be better in the bedroom. One of the reasons I don't care for girls between the age of 18-25 no matter how hot they are is that they are usually, with the exception of 1 so far, very average or worse in the bedroom. Give me quality over quantiity any day. I don't care about trying to nab the "hottest" woman. I want an attractive woman, who appeals to what I like and that is where the appeal starts, but it is not the end all be all. Therefore there are other parameters that figure in. And a woman over 30 or 35 or 40 who takes care of herself, dresses nice, who is confident can be as alluring or more than the 20 something with the "rocking body". And is usually going to be good in the sack. They can be more carefree, open, and bring other dynamics. Guys, especially when we are in our 20's can be a little fearful of divulging our fantasies to woman for a variety of reasons. A mature woman in my experience has a unique way of pulling these out of you to enjoy. 3-usually less games. Older woman apparently do not have the desire or energy to waste trying to toy with the male mind and ego. Nothing turns me off quicker or will get me to lose all interests quicker than a girl who plays "hard to get". Mainly because I don't see it as a game of hard to get but usually because I misinterpretit it as "not interested in you unless you want to buy me stuff".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 08:17 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
This is one of thoe questions that is not at all confusing and is very simple. Yet people continue to try and make it complicated. Maybe it wouldn't be that way if so many people didn't view people over the age of 30 or 40 as "old" and "ugly". Fact is, on the rare occasion I pursue an older woman it is because 1-I find her very attractive. 2-part of the attraction probably lies in the fact that she is probably going to be better in the bedroom. One of the reasons I don't care for girls between the age of 18-25 no matter how hot they are is that they are usually, with the exception of 1 so far, very average or worse in the bedroom. Give me quality over quantiity any day. I don't care about trying to nab the "hottest" woman. I want an attractive woman, who appeals to what I like and that is where the appeal starts, but it is not the end all be all. Therefore there are other parameters that figure in. And a woman over 30 or 35 or 40 who takes care of herself, dresses nice, who is confident can be as alluring or more than the 20 something with the "rocking body". And is usually going to be good in the sack. They can be more carefree, open, and bring other dynamics. Guys, especially when we are in our 20's can be a little fearful of divulging our fantasies to woman for a variety of reasons. A mature woman in my experience has a unique way of pulling these out of you to enjoy. 3-usually less games. Older woman apparently do not have the desire or energy to waste trying to toy with the male mind and ego. Nothing turns me off quicker or will get me to lose all interests quicker than a girl who plays "hard to get". Mainly because I don't see it as a game of hard to get but usually because I misinterpretit it as "not interested in you unless you want to buy me stuff".
Now I have to ask...whats the fantasy that older women are more willing to fulfill?

Old 03-05-2013, 08:31 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Considering I've been involved with multiple older women, including a year long relationship with a woman 29 years my senior (26/55 years old when we broke up) and another near serious relationship with a 43 year old, I feel like I can answer this question with some degree of authority.

For me, there really is no appeal in the age itself. I am 26 years old, and even at this point tend to be more mature and motivated than men of my own age, and for that fact I simply find that I am able to connect and bond with older women easier than many of the women my age.

Simple as that, really.

Some people say that older women tend to play less games and be more mentally and emotionally stable, but in my experience that is not the case, at least not to any real effect. I've found that older woman can lie and play games just as much as the younger women, though surprisingly enough, they seem to be worse at it than their younger peers. I have no idea what the explanation is for that one, but it's what I have found.

Sexually, it depends. I have found that while the older women do tend to have a little better technique, the benefit is pretty minimal if you're just looking to get laid. The real sexual benefit of older women is that they're more in tune with their bodies and know what they like, so if you're in a relationship where their sexual pleasure matters to you, this helps.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,174,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Considering I've been involved with multiple older women, including a year long relationship with a woman 29 years my senior (26/55 years old when we broke up) and another near serious relationship with a 43 year old, I feel like I can answer this question with some degree of authority.

For me, there really is no appeal in the age itself. I am 26 years old, and even at this point tend to be more mature and motivated than men of my own age, and for that fact I simply find that I am able to connect and bond with older women easier than many of the women my age.

Simple as that, really.

Some people say that older women tend to play less games and be more mentally and emotionally stable, but in my experience that is not the case, at least not to any real effect. I've found that older woman can lie and play games just as much as the younger women, though surprisingly enough, they seem to be worse at it than their younger peers. I have no idea what the explanation is for that one, but it's what I have found.

Sexually, it depends. I have found that while the older women do tend to have a little better technique, the benefit is pretty minimal if you're just looking to get laid. The real sexual benefit of older women is that they're more in tune with their bodies and know what they like, so if you're in a relationship where their sexual pleasure matters to you, this helps.

Just my 2 cents.
This is pretty common for your location, isn't it?
I've heard that Tampa is the place where younger guys/older women are the norm......lol makes me wanna take a trip to Florida

Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Can't believe we are rehashing this again. Here, let me try English this time.

LOOK PEOPLE, Dating is based almost entirely on supply and demand.

If a guy in his 20s can land a hot girl in his 20s, HE FRGGN DOES IT.

If he cannot land a hot 20 yr old, he settles for a 30 yr old, or hell....even a 40 yr old with a couple kids in tow. WTF does he care....he isn't gonna marry her anyway. Few bangs and move on. (yes I quoted him)

And the heart warming story about 65 yr old Grandma married to 55 was really sweet.....but I am kinda thinking if her porker balding 55 yr old coulda done better, he would have. And she might be suprised one day to find out that he doesn't actually "work nights".
As someone who has been through this, I can tell you this is not true at all.

When I spent a year dating a 54/55 year old woman, I passed on many opportunities to get with much younger women, including both that would have been options for purely sexual exploits and some that had legitimate long term potential. Though my ex was a legitimately beautiful woman herself, several of these women were more physically attractive. I never left or strayed from her though, and that was because I was in love with her.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
This is pretty common for your location, isn't it?
I've heard that Tampa is the place where younger guys/older women are the norm......lol makes me wanna take a trip to Florida
I've always heard that Arizona, especially around Phoenix and Scottsdale, had a big "cougar/cub" scene. I know there are a few bars here in town that are rumored to be the prime meat markets for those sort of pick ups, but surprisingly enough, I have never ventured there. I might have to do that though, now that I am single again.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:43 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
...sophistication and maturity. Give me a break.

Men in general date based almost entirely on looks. They will pursue a hot woman if she is 18, 28, or 48. They will pursue 48 if there are no 28s available, or they aren't able to land one.

And there are no hot 58 or 68 yr olds, so drop that from your conversation.
Not true, my friend is dating a very hot 59 year old, he's 48.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:53 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,174,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I've always heard that Arizona, especially around Phoenix and Scottsdale, had a big "cougar/cub" scene. I know there are a few bars here in town that are rumored to be the prime meat markets for those sort of pick ups, but surprisingly enough, I have never ventured there. I might have to do that though, now that I am single again.
LOL I don't consider myself a cougar, but I am gonna be travelling in the near future, & those places were already on my list
I am tired of the men in this particular area.....
Oh- one more thing is that I detest bars; in my case I don't need to sit at a bar anyway to meet men

Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
LOL I don't consider myself a cougar
Post a picture and I'll tell you...haha

Quote:
but I am gonna be travelling in the near future, & those places were already on my list
I am tired of the men in this particular area.....
Oh- one more thing is that I detest bars; in my case I don't need to sit at a bar anyway to meet men
The whole Tampa Bay area is a great place to visit. I highly recommend it. Something for everyone down here.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:04 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
Or in their 60's.

Some of these young stupid guys think they have a better shot at getting sex from an older and plainer woman then from a girl their age. The mentality of these kids (who have a lot to learn) towards the older women is " She can't turn me down for sex. Where else is she going to find a young, handsome, "stud" like me? It'll impress all her friends/family/neighbors to be seen with 'hot stuff like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". Would she rather go out with some bald, pot bellied, drooling old slob or go out with "action me"?

Then there are those boys who want their rent paid, their car paid for, to be able to be supported while they stay home and date girls their age while old sugar grandma works.
All I can comment on was what guys told me when I asked what was up with the cougar hunting?

Most either said, they didn't pay attention to the age, they just went by the pic and/or profile, or that they preferred older women because they seemed to have less drama.

I can assure you their young age was a mark against, not for when they asked me out.

I did date one younger guy, and, ironically, he took me to hang with HIS friends.

I've also been asked out by guys in their 20s while running errands and such - they don't know my age (though obviously I'm older).

Guys, in general, ask out women they are attracted to. It's not rocket science.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships