Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 06:34 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,799 times

Advertisements

Since I'm in college, I pretty much use that as a conversation starter with any female classmates I'm interested in. For example: what do you think of the class?/teacher? Or what major are you studying?...etc. Essentially, like a previous poster mentioned, using the environment to my advantage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 06:50 PM

206 posts, read 269,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
What is the deal with people using the term "females"? Only folks who talk like this are dog breeders and wannabe thug type uneducated hip hop rapper types.

How about using terms like "ladies" or "women" from here on out for threads like these okay guys? You dont have to worry about your "hip hop street cred" here, so just use proper english please.
Seriously, who cares? He also used the term "male." Not everything is an affront to your gender.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:55 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So what did you do, break into a jog and run after her, so you could ask her your track-and-field question?
Inquiring minds need to know.
I bet.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yes. Totally! I love debating with men the latest styles of platform pumps and the pantone color of the season. It really turns me on!

Absolutely! As soon as you start quoting the bible in the grocery store line, it makes me want to hurry and pull up the bible app on my phone. I am a black woman, so when I an not running errands, I go to bible study, church mixers, and small group. I try to spend 5-6 days per week at church.

Don't forget to drop hints about the "exotic" accessories/furniture/decor you have picked up during your adventure travels. Then you get to kill two birds with one stone: travel and interior design. 3 if you talk about your spiritual awakening at the yoga retreat or buddhist temple. So you can appeal to our spiritual side.

Sign me up now! Gosh, why don't people say this stuff to me. I am so crushed!
5-6 days a week at church doing what?

Old 03-08-2013, 07:05 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
5-6 days a week at church doing what?
Participating in bachallian orgies obviously. What else do people do at churches?

Old 03-08-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Participating in bachallian orgies obviously. What else do people do at churches?
Well I saw a guy jerk off in the pews once. But I'm sure his was an isolated case.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Well I saw a guy jerk off in the pews once. But I'm sure his was an isolated case.
Ewww TMI......

Old 03-08-2013, 10:01 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
And that's why so many AA women are single. The AA church body is 80-90% women. How do women expect to meet men when they're spending so much time around other women?

Go out and have some real fun where you can also meet men, like me. You can catch me wit Stacy Adams on WHEELS!!

Roller skating: World on Wheels Los Angeles, CA - YouTube
You realize I was being sarcastic right.
There were too many stereotypes in that post for me not to be facetious.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:39 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
And that's why so many AA women are single. The AA church body is 80-90% women. How do women expect to meet men when they're spending so much time around other women?

Go out and have some real fun where you can also meet men, like me. You can catch me wit Stacy Adams on WHEELS!!

Roller skating: World on Wheels Los Angeles, CA - YouTube
Actually, I have to agree with calicali on this; roller skating is a great way to meet people! Very friendly atmosphere at these places!

Old 03-09-2013, 09:34 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
I wanted to start this thread because I (along with many others) have significant difficulty in the initiation process. I am speaking for myself as a male approaching females. While I have some faith in my conversation skills, I am not always the most approachable and am reluctant to approach others. This is not completely ideal because I'm sure I miss out on good company.
Anyway, I was wondering what women specifically are receptive to as far as starting lines. I have personally toyed with the idea of questions like: "What's your political preference?" because I think it would yield an intellectual discussion. While some people think its a personal topic I really don't think it has to be. The reason I would use an approach like this is because I am not a big fan of small talk, which to me is monotonous.
What are your thoughts as to what an appropriate approach would be? Thanks.
When men ask, "how do I approach women?" what they often really want to know is, "how to I start up a conversation with a total stranger in a totally random location and quickly convince her to want to have sex with me?"

The answer is: that is just REALLY hard. For most men, it is probably impossible.

My point is that you need to stop thinking about the perfect topic and instead pay more attention to context. If you want to "approach" women, you need to do it in venues where that kind of behavior is expected and appropriate. Approaching a random woman with a clever line at a dance club might spark some interest from her; doing the same to a woman in a laundromat would probably just creep her out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships