Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:39 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell B View Post
Did i say "I" dress like a goth? No i did not. I said a "black man". Read please, and quit jumping to conclusions.
I would say that was a reasonable conclusion to jump to.

If you don't dress goth, why in the heck would you bring it up?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 PM

80 posts, read 87,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I would say that was a reasonable conclusion to jump to.

If you don't dress goth, why in the heck would you bring it up?
Because i've seen it with my own eyes blacks get rejected by "urban blacks" whether it be they dress like goths (I know a few), or don't dress like thugs. I myself have suffered the same anomaly.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 PM

350 posts, read 383,699 times
Quote:
No, im not trolling this forum. Well..a couple of weeks ago I was asked at work, do i have any kids or whether i have a girlfriend. I replied "no. I've just stopped looking because i'm so weird to women. Whats the point" The same goes with family asking me when will i get a girlfriend?

The thing is that I am 28 and completely inexperienced with women. It's like women ( at least my age) have a preference for experience.. Between the ages of 15 and 23 I did ask a lot of women out...but I eventually got tired of being insulted teased and rejected by these women. Now it's been over 5 years that I haven't approached any girl...and never once has a woman approached me with any romantic interest...sometimes I feel very lonely but it's manageable.....so my question to you is:

if questioned again about my personal sex life...should I be honest or make up anything believable that comes to mind?
Unless you're fat and disgusting, at your age you should easily be able to score a date with a girl on one of the sites. If you're fat and disgusting, lose weight and make yourself more presentable. Not meant as a slam, just reality.

Purchase Neil Strauss' "The Game", but use it as a starting point. The end of the book will have some good thoughts for you about just coming into your own and being the best you can be.

Link:
The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists: Neil Strauss: 9780061995323: Amazon.com: Books

This stuff really isn't that hard, you just have to get out and interact with people on your own terms where you feel comfortable. You are too young to hang up dating and become a spinster. But if you are shy or feel rejected, you have to push yourself to do something.

Internet dating is a good start for you, buy you will have to work it. You may get a paltry rate of response. Also don't be too picky ... it sounds like you need some practice to get your confidence up. If you can't get any dates from the internet, at least it will give you some momentum to go out and find someone in real life.

The best thing about internet dating is that after awhile you will get used to people not having interest and that will go a long way toward not feeling like you're rejected in real life. At worst, you're going to get junk mail level responses (3%), at your age you should do better than that but if you don't then I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep emailing.

Your problem is that you are taking the rejection personally when in reality that's just real life. There are very few people you become best friends with in life. Think of this process as looking for your best friend ... best friends are rare in the first place not to mention that it's kind of hard work outside of school.

Which also brings me to another point: You may want to consider going back to school for your own version of an "MRS" degree. You will meet chicks depending on the program if you're college bound or in grad school.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:56 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Do you love your self ?
Do you value your self ? choose responsible friends and stay away from trouble.
Do you take care of your self? Eat healthy excersize.
If the mate you seek does not have the same values it would be a lopsided relationship if any.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Because i've seen it with my own eyes blacks get rejected by "urban blacks" whether it be they dress like goths (I know a few), or don't dress like thugs. I myself have suffered the same anomaly.
But, if YOU aren't goth, what does it have to do with the thread?

Old 03-04-2013, 07:50 PM

80 posts, read 87,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
but, if you aren't goth, what does it have to do with the thread?
dude i just friggin explained it to you!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
Quote:
No, im not trolling this forum. Well..a couple of weeks ago I was asked at work, do i have any kids or whether i have a girlfriend. I replied "no. I've just stopped looking because i'm so weird to women. Whats the point" The same goes with family asking me when will i get a girlfriend?

The thing is that I am 28 and completely inexperienced with women. It's like women ( at least my age) have a preference for experience.. Between the ages of 15 and 23 I did ask a lot of women out...but I eventually got tired of being insulted teased and rejected by these women. Now it's been over 5 years that I haven't approached any girl...and never once has a woman approached me with any romantic interest...sometimes I feel very lonely but it's manageable.....so my question to you is:

if questioned again about my personal sex life...should I be honest or make up anything believable that comes to mind?
honesty=best policy

who cares???

Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
Quote:
rejection from your own kind sucks...good news is? you're not in high school.

Last edited by dub dub II; 03-04-2013 at 08:41 PM..

Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
First talk to women as people, rather than looking for a date. Then later if you get some positive signals (basically, if she acts happy to see you) you might think of asking for a date.

But do clean up. Dress reasonably nicely, if your teeth are yellow have them whitened ...... you'd be surprised at how much the detailing means to women encountering someone new. Be confident in manner, which only comes from practice.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
refection from your own kind sucks...good news is? you're not in high school.
I don't think the OP is an urban black thug.
But maybe he/she is
Pretty sure he/she is not a goth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships