Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 PM

103 posts, read 259,354 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any specific tips to single parents? I find I dont have a ton of free time (and bars/online dating are not my thing) but would like to meet some guys and potentially find a few dates.

Just a bit frustrated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 05:51 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessat32 View Post
Anyone have any specific tips to single parents? I find I dont have a ton of free time (and bars/online dating are not my thing) but would like to meet some guys and potentially find a few dates.

Just a bit frustrated
PTA meetings? School events? How old are your kids?

Seriously, there are TONS of single fathers that show up to school events.

Another place I've noticed a lot of single men is at 5K races.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:55 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
There are dating sites for single parents only. You might want to try that. This way, you eliminate those who refuse to date single parents.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:42 PM

103 posts, read 259,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
PTA meetings? School events? How old are your kids?

Seriously, there are TONS of single fathers that show up to school events.

Another place I've noticed a lot of single men is at 5K races.
Im actually the President of the PTO ... Ill have to pay more attention at the next event

My kids are 6, 4, and 2 ...

Oh thats a good idea... (5Ks) Im actually doing a 5K end of the month and a 10K next month ...

Old 03-06-2013, 02:00 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,276,881 times
Perhaps you should put a profile anyway up on Plenty of Fish or some online dating site. A buddy of mine and myself have been somewhat successful with that adventure.

Both of us notice just about every female on POF is a single parent, but we dont mind that.

Just put up a profile with a clear picture of yourself, nothing serious or very detailed, explain you dont have time to go out to bars and meet people.

Ill just say Im not a fan of crappy laptop or phone pics that are taken from all sorts of angles. Just a straight headshot or figure pic is good.

Youll get a response in about an hour lol.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:10 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Plenty of single dads out there, School related events are great. if they are attending these with their kids they are probably responsible parents involved with the child's development in a positive way. Parks, museums and zoo's can be a great way to spend the day with your kids and look around for the single guy alone with the kids. Saturdays based on my experience in an industry that suggests and provides entertainment seems to be the most popular day. Also street fairs, Spring season fairs and related festivals. This is better then online, The old school boots on the ground because you can get a feel for the person right away.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Is Parents Without Parents still around? that might be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
There are dating sites for single parents only. You might want to try that. This way, you eliminate those who refuse to date single parents.
True or maybe they should just seek out other parents. Nothing annoys me more than when a single dad contacts me though my profile clearly states "no dads". I can't remember the site but there is one just for single parents.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:11 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessat32 View Post

Just a bit frustrated
Internet dating kind of IS the way to meet singles now adays.
I just read an article online today stating that 30-40% of relationships start online.

And Im just throwing this out there, but if in your day to day life you are not noticing single men, then you may be too busy to date.

And please don't make a profile on POF, unless you are only looking for sex.
Join a pay site that weeds out the lazy and cheap skates that use the free sites.
Try eH or match, those seem to be decent enough.

A social/ networking life doesn't hurt. Do you have friends ?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,276,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
And please don't make a profile on POF, unless you are only looking for sex.
Join a pay site that weeds out the lazy and cheap skates that use the free sites.
Try eH or match, those seem to be decent enough.
I can see your point about weeding certain people out through a membership and whatever fees associated with it. I just think its totally unnecessary to be paying for a dating site, actually a bit ridiculous...unless you want a serious thing... I just have a different concept of dating I guess. Dating is finding a serious potential, learning and having fun along the way. Not love at first site like eharmony claims is real...but who knows.

I have used a pay site, but for straight up sex, known as adult friend finder. I used it briefly and obviously it works.

A pay dating site says you want something serious, like marriage almost

On any other free dating site your doing pretty much the same thing, except the free sites get more traffic.
I just think you can do the same exact thing and weed people out until you find a date, and even get more dates. Not everyone is looking for sex.

On POF for example, you can set your search filters to block members who have searched for NSA hookups.

Most of the women I see on POF say the same thing OP said in the first post...single mom no time too busy online dating not my thing blah blah.

It cant hurt to give it a shot, you WILL get a response, just sort through it no big deal.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:57 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
I think the key ingredient is not to "go after" partners, but rather to take a real interest in the lives of people whom you do meet by choice or by chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships