Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:52 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,444,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
Let me get this straight, you're in a relationship with another woman and you're fooling around at work?

And women don't like me.... ha!
Talking to = fooling around now?

I've only dated the other woman for about 6 weeks now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Is this junior high? Why would you discuss your crush with coworkers? Unprofessional! Maybe you can have someone pass her a note...geez. She just got out of a relationship and you are coworkers. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
Do you realize the stuff groups of 20 something year old women talk about together? We're all friends.. I've heard so much "girl talk" that the topic of a crush seems incredibly tame.

A note is an interesting idea..

Oh, and btw - that girl talk is much worse than guy talk.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:58 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Do you realize the stuff groups of 20 something year old women talk about together? We're all friends.. I've heard so much "girl talk" that the topic of a crush seems incredibly tame.

A note is an interesting idea..

Oh, and btw - that girl talk is much worse than guy talk.

Women say just as crude of things as men do! That's true!

I'm just saying...if you are interested in her, be direct with her ya know? Don't make it office gossip! And really think about what impact on your work life it might have if you date her and things go sour.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:01 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,101,719 times
Sure. Okay. You are seeing one woman and your co-worker who you are crushing on is . . . ahem . . . let me get this straight . . . is . . . *slapping my knee while laughing hysterically* . . . "just a friend". That's the line most men (maybe woman, too) use to describe someone they are (or will be) cheating with. When a man uses the "just a friend" phrase, it should send up HUGE red flags to women everywhere. I read some good words to live by recently: If you wouldn't say it or do it in front of your SO, you are cheating. Period.

She has just ended a relationship. She is likely not over her ex, and should really take time to herself before jumping into another relationship. Starting another relationship isn't good for her - or you. It will likely fail, because she hasn't learned anything from taking time to analyze her part in that last relationship.

And then you write that you have similar features as her ex???? Really???? That's a red flag right there. Why would anyone not only choose someone so similar, but also mention it? Is she comparing you to him? Does she want you to wonder about him and possibly feel like you have to compete or measure up in some way?

There is another thread on C-D about two co-workers having an affair and how it's disrupting the other employees and production. I suggest you read that. I've never been a fan of workplace relationships, because if it doesn't work out, someone has to find another job or I would imagine it would be rather uncomfortable having to work with someone after a breakup. Yuck.

Oh, and do your current SO a favor and breakup before you break her heart.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Sure. Okay. You are seeing one woman and your co-worker who you are crushing on is . . . ahem . . . let me get this straight . . . is . . . *slapping my knee while laughing hysterically* . . . "just a friend". That's the line most men (maybe woman, too) use to describe someone they are (or will be) cheating with. When a man uses the "just a friend" phrase, it should send up HUGE red flags to women everywhere. I read some good words to live by recently: If you wouldn't say it or do it in front of your SO, you are cheating. Period.

She has just ended a relationship. She is likely not over her ex, and should really take time to herself before jumping into another relationship. Starting another relationship isn't good for her - or you. It will likely fail, because she hasn't learned anything from taking time to analyze her part in that last relationship.

And then you write that you have similar features as her ex???? Really???? That's a red flag right there. Why would anyone not only choose someone so similar, but also mention it? Is she comparing you to him? Does she want you to wonder about him and possibly feel like you have to compete or measure up in some way?

There is another thread on C-D about two co-workers having an affair and how it's disrupting the other employees and production. I suggest you read that. I've never been a fan of workplace relationships, because if it doesn't work out, someone has to find another job or I would imagine it would be rather uncomfortable having to work with someone after a breakup. Yuck.

Oh, and do your current SO a favor and breakup before you break her heart.
Affair? What?

The whole point is that I want to date the coworker instead of who I am with now.. Who I've only been seeing for 6 weeks. Hence why I didn't ask the new girl out, since I hadn't broke it off with the current girl.

She said she was attracted to dark hair and that her ex was my height (slightly shorter than her). It only came up because I called a taller, blond haired coworker guy "a dreamboat" to which she laughed and said that.

Good points about prior relationships ending too soon though. I'm 5 months out of the marriage, and she's nearly a month out of a 2 year relationship.

She also said he was abusive, but I don't know.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:22 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,345,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Is this junior high? Why would you discuss your crush with coworkers? Unprofessional! Maybe you can have someone pass her a note...geez. She just got out of a relationship and you are coworkers. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Haha..yes indeed. I just cooked up this exact same recipe recently and it also ended in disaster.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:46 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,101,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
The whole point is that I want to date the coworker instead of who I am with now.. Who I've only been seeing for 6 weeks. Hence why I didn't ask the new girl out, since I hadn't broke it off with the current girl.
If you want to date the coworker, then break up with the 6-weeks-girl. There's no point in being with her if she's not your first choice. She doesn't need to be strung along.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:33 PM

11,394 posts, read 24,438,947 times
I think it's fine. Just because you've been dating someone for a few weeks does not mean it is a serious or even exclusive relationship, unless you've already said it is.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Honestly.......I wish you well.

Karma is mean. It will come.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 PM

545 posts, read 908,367 times
Don't mix business with pleasure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships