Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:25 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times

Advertisements

sounds like it's cool to be busy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 05:52 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,516,833 times
I guess I look at it differently, because in most cases, people really are busy especially during the week. Jobs, kids, other functions, take up a lot of a persons time. I think in most cases they are just letting people know up front, that I have a lot going on, and just be patient. If there is a connection, schedules will be worked out and time will be made. I think many of you are looking too hard at this.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:45 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
"I am busy and don't have time" = "This is all about my needs right now, so if you hear from me at all, don't expect very much. I'll make a strong effort at first if I really like you."

Keeping in touch is not difficult to do. People who make excuses about being busy and not having time do not want to put forth the effort to really get to know someone, which requires conversation and remembering things. They will probably have the easiest relationships with others like them, because they will all be too busy with their "real lives" to be hurt or offended when the other person calls every week or two when it's time for a date and some sex, then disappears for another stretch.

Busy people unite.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,271,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
"I am busy and don't have time" = "This is all about my needs right now, so if you hear from me at all, don't expect very much. I'll make a strong effort at first if I really like you."

Keeping in touch is not difficult to do. People who make excuses about being busy and not having time do not want to put forth the effort to really get to know someone, which requires conversation and remembering things. They will probably have the easiest relationships with others like them, because they will all be too busy with their "real lives" to be hurt or offended when the other person calls every week or two when it's time for a date and some sex, then disappears for another stretch.

Busy people unite.
Wouldn't you say that this ends up being an internal problem? You make yourself too busy so you don't have to deal with why you are having relationship troubles. I have a coworker that does the exact same thing. She's wrapped herself up in so many activities, so that she doesn't have to think about why she's single and 38.

In my 29 years on earth, I've found that the people that do this tend to continue to date the wrong kind of people. To me, it's not that you are too busy, but that you are attracted to the wrong types of people. Staying busy is just the excuse that ultimately covers up what the real problem is.

I'm busy, but at the same time I keep my schedule pretty open too. Likely, if I date someone who's too busy, I'm going to have a hard time opening up to them. You end up feeling that you are bothering them, because they say they are busy all the time. See how it can make someone not as confident in their abilities?

Old 03-11-2013, 07:52 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Wouldn't you say that this ends up being an internal problem. You make yourself too busy so you don't have to deal with why you are having relationship troubles. I have a coworker that does the exact same thing. She's wrapped herself up in so many activities, so that she doesn't have to think about why she's single and 38.

In my 29 years on earth, I've found that the people that do this tend to continue to date the wrong kind of people. To me, it's not that you are too busy, but that you are attracted to the wrong types of people. Staying busy is just the excuse that ultimately covers up what the real problem is.

I'm busy, but at the same time I keep my schedule pretty open too. Likely, if I date someone who's too busy, I'm going to have a hard time opening up to them. You end up feeling that you are bothering them, because they say they are busy all the time. See how it can make someone not as confident in their abilities?
Yep, I totally agree.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:36 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Anyone who whined or bragged about being busy would end up in my trash box.

Everyone has time for what matters to them.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:41 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
I guess I look at it differently, because in most cases, people really are busy especially during the week. Jobs, kids, other functions, take up a lot of a persons time. I think in most cases they are just letting people know up front, that I have a lot going on, and just be patient. If there is a connection, schedules will be worked out and time will be made. I think many of you are looking too hard at this.

No one is going to be patience when there are many other options online

Old 03-11-2013, 05:43 PM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Anyone who whined or bragged about being busy would end up in my trash box.

Everyone has time for what matters to them.
Not everything. Sometimes, it really is a struggle and I find that I really wish I could be in two places at one time.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:49 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,516,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
No one is going to be patience when there are many other options online
I don't disagree with that, and that is the risk a person takes by being too busy to date. I'm not saying that people should give every busy bee a chance, especially if there are people who better fit their schedules, just saying that there are actually plenty of busy people out there, not just people making excuses.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:51 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Not everything. Sometimes, it really is a struggle and I find that I really wish I could be in two places at one time.
Obviously onw thing matters more than the other.

Frankly, as someone who spent a few years working 100 hours a week, I know what busy is.
And I know how you will do without one thing to go for the thing that matters most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships