Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 12:05 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,877,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
^LOL you guys are funny.

I've already spent $500 on a hotel, gift and tuxedo.

I'm going to the wedding.
A tux? Are you in the wedding or is the dress code black tie for all guests?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 12:08 PM

607 posts, read 855,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
A tux? Are you in the wedding or is the dress code black tie for all guests?
Im an usher in the wedding.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:20 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
Im an usher in the wedding.
That's a good reason to attend, you know--even if you don't have a date.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:55 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's a good reason to attend, you know--even if you don't have a date.
Yet in his other thread, he was worried about being the only one at the table without a date...as opposed to the head table with the rest of the wedding party?

Old 03-08-2013, 01:10 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Yet in his other thread, he was worried about being the only one at the table without a date...as opposed to the head table with the rest of the wedding party?
Who knows how much of his stories are actually true.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:28 PM

607 posts, read 855,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
only my second wedding ever. are all the users seated at the same table? i really have no idea.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:35 PM

50,794 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Usually those in the wedding party are all seated at the bridal table. Also usually you are kind of "partnered" with a bridesmaid to walk in with, etc. My last wedding where I was in the wedding, after the bride and groom danced, so did the bridesmaids dance with their "partner" usher (slow dance, so don't panic if you can't dance).

Just have a drink or two, enough to be loose but not enough to be obnoxious, dance with all the single girls, and don't be attached to any outcome, and you'll have a good time. IMO weddings can be a great place to meet girls, as they are all sappy and wanting to be in love after watching the ceremony. I wouldn't try to take any back to the hotel, that's really not likely to happen in most cases. but maybe you'll meet someone who you'll want to date.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:39 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Gee, and there I was, thinking that attending a friend's wedding was all about celebrating the most important day of that friend's life, when really, it's all about using the occasion for finding someone for a one-night-stand.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I agree. Just cause you're going to a wedding solo doesn't mean you're getting any pie. Just go and have fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
This OP made me laugh. You are forgetting a crucial step in all your planning: finding a woman who wants to hook up with you.
Minor detail, he is so charming it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Gee, and there I was, thinking that attending a friend's wedding was all about celebrating the most important day of that friend's life, when really, it's all about using the occasion for finding someone for a one-night-stand.
Nah! It is all about the wedding cake and the hotel after party.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:02 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
To be honest, why shouldn't he? There is nothing to celebrate about a wedding. You sit there at some over the top ceremony with your back aching in a chair and having nothing but suicidal thoughts flooding your brain. If you don't go then they are mad at you even though they can still go to a courthouse and just get a license to be done with it. The money they save on no ceremony could go to a nice trip somewhere. It all makes no sense to me but then again humans make no sense at all. We celebrate the fanfare and ignore the issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships