Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 10:52 AM

97 posts, read 239,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Another reason that online dating sucks

1. Some woman will actually exchange messages with you back and forth and not be interested just being polite
i know this 1 too well. ask them out and u will never hear from them again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 11:19 AM

947 posts, read 1,186,242 times
Glad I gave this online dating thing another try. I met my wonderful girlfriend from there.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:11 PM

863 posts, read 1,128,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Not at all. I believe that I have far more experience than you with online dating. Your opinion is based on your experience. Mine is based on mine, as well as the knowledge of many many other people I know that have had great success with relationships, and at least 4 marriages.
...so if that's that's the case, how could you say my opinion was a load of crap? Let me also mention that my entire point was that in MY opinion, women had it easier. I mean, you see plenty of men on this exact forum saying the same thing. If you've read what I wrote in my last response to you, I said I believe women have it easier because they can pick and choose. As even stated in this thread, men outnumber the women on those things, so we're all vying for even the most average woman's attention. It's too much competition. Didn't you read anything in my post?

BTW, you definitely have far more experience than me. Again, that was my point...women have it easier than us men. I have a hard time getting ANY date let alone getting into a relationship. In fact, I've only had 6 dates from it in the past 4 years (with 2 of them being short term relationships- 1 was about a year, the other was 4 months). My last date was back in October. Can't even get a girl to message back these days .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So I am confrontational for disagreeing with your opinions? Fine. So be it. I get tired of seeing so many posts by disgruntled men about how online dating doesn't work for men. So if I know all these women that met their husbands online, sheesh...I guess it didn't work for those guys because they ended up married. Do you expect that there is some guarantee of meeting someone within a certain timeframe?? There isn't. It's just like any other way to meet a person....it's just ONE MORE VENUE. It's not magic. You get out of it what you put into it. Plain and simple.
Once again, you called my opinion a load of crap. That's not confrontational? I don't mind that you disagree, but can you at least do it respectfully? I mean, we're all adults here right? I only have 20 posts in the span of a week and while people have disagreed with what I've said (on a couple of other threads), you're the only one attacking me. I could understand if I attacked you first, but I did nothing of the sort. Like I've said, I've lurked on this forum for quite some time and noticed that you (and some other posters) can come across quite rude. There's no need for it.

Believe me, I'm all for agreeing to disagree, but let's try to be civil here.

Last edited by rs4 fan; 03-09-2013 at 02:24 PM..

Old 03-09-2013, 03:47 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,406 times
Rs4 fan, don't waste your typing skills.. Chessiemom is great at taking the stance of her way is the only way, and p*ss on you for not agreeing.

Online dating is for the birds, coming from a female. I have come across some cool sounding guys that put on their profile "hit me up if you think we have something in common" or "looking for good conversation." Great! He and I are on the same page! So, I take the time to send a message to strike up a conversation based on something within his profile I found interesting. And, never hear back from him. Even from the ones that claim "hey, even if we don't have chemistry, it is great meeting new friends!" - yeah, that is a load of crap.

I don't expect everyone to be attracted to me, agree with my perspective on life, or even want to date me because I am a single parent. I totally get that. But, don't be so rude about it. A thanks but no thanks return message is just fine, I promise. I took the time to read the profile and type of a message that pertains to the information I found on said profile. Am I asking too much for the courtesy of an acknowledgment?

I am ready to start my experiment on being a cynical b*tch as a psychology project. Point out all the cliches I have found with online dating and add my opinion as my profile summary. I certainly don't have anything to lose at this point!

Old 03-09-2013, 05:42 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,799,884 times
Quote:
This is why I think dating sites sucks

1. Woman take forever to transition to the talking on the phone phase
I think I rather just meet the man for coffee or something first, before giving him my number (and before wasting time with crazy messaging). I just do better meeting someone face-to-face. Also, if you meet him and find out there's no chemistry or whatever, you pay for your coffee, thank him for his time, and wish him luck. You don't waste your time or his. Since you just went ahead and met him face-to-face, you don't risk someone who is a bit of a whacko calling you all the time. It's rare, most men out there are decent guys IMO, but every tenth one seems to be a little crazy (in a scary way).

There was a thread here about men posing as women on online sights, are you sure the ones that don't every want to call and just do things online are really who they say they are?

Old 03-09-2013, 06:08 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I think I rather just meet the man for coffee or something first, before giving him my number (and before wasting time with crazy messaging). I just do better meeting someone face-to-face. Also, if you meet him and find out there's no chemistry or whatever, you pay for your coffee, thank him for his time, and wish him luck. You don't waste your time or his. Since you just went ahead and met him face-to-face, you don't risk someone who is a bit of a whacko calling you all the time. It's rare, most men out there are decent guys IMO, but every tenth one seems to be a little crazy (in a scary way).

There was a thread here about men posing as women on online sights, are you sure the ones that don't every want to call and just do things online are really who they say they are?

I don't meet anyone face to face without talking on the phone atleast once. I am not setting up a date on email or texting.

Someone is asking to be stood up meeting that way

Old 03-09-2013, 07:34 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,799,884 times
Quote:
I don't meet anyone face to face without talking on the phone atleast once. I am not setting up a date on email or texting.

Someone is asking to be stood up meeting that way
You know, I never thought of that (haven't been stood up). You have a good point. But I think I rather be stood up and waste 30 minutes (or however long I wait) than spend a lot of time messaging (or on the phone) trying to build something with a guy who would stand up someone.

I guess I am wary about the phone thing because it's something I can't stop or control if I want it to stop. Messaging you can block someone. Meeting them, you can choose never to meet that person again. But if you give them your number, they can keep calling and bugging you. Granted, I haven't had that happen to me, but a room mate of mine did. She refused to go out with some guy, so he started calling all the time... sometimes in the middle of the night to hang up (showing my age, but few people had personal cells then, so this was a land line in our dorm room... we had to unplug the phone to get peace).

Old 03-09-2013, 07:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
You know, I never thought of that (haven't been stood up). You have a good point. But I think I rather be stood up and waste 30 minutes (or however long I wait) than spend a lot of time messaging (or on the phone) trying to build something with a guy who would stand up someone.

I guess I am wary about the phone thing because it's something I can't stop or control if I want it to stop. Messaging you can block someone. Meeting them, you can choose never to meet that person again. But if you give them your number, they can keep calling and bugging you. Granted, I haven't had that happen to me, but a room mate of mine did. She refused to go out with some guy, so he started calling all the time... sometimes in the middle of the night to hang up (showing my age, but few people had personal cells then, so this was a land line in our dorm room... we had to unplug the phone to get peace).

I think anyone who is 30 and over has no problem chatting on the phone. Not all but I think u will come across a lot of people who do

Old 03-09-2013, 10:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob100 View Post
more than likely if a guy didn't contact you back he didn't like the way you looked. men judge women on physical appearance. so if you are a 5 make sure you contact men that's a 5. man care less about what you have to offer, looks come first with men.

Well, I am attractive but not all women will appeal to all men. I'm not a 5 by any means.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:52 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,165 times
Quote:
I am too afraid to approach someone in public because a 17 year old can look 25.
16 is legal in PA as long as you aren't into "corruption of a minor"...

Heck, try the China route. The gubmint over there is pretty much shaming women 27+ who aren't married, so it should be a party over there! I should teach Engrish over there and try my luck!

The 'leftover' women: China defines official age for females being left on the shelf as 27 | Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships