Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 03:04 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your friend sounds like she's either a) too trusting, b) not very bright, c) a glutton for punishment, d) not very discerning when it comes to guys, or all of the above. I hope she finally learns from these experiences.
She is all of the above. And no she has not learned. at. all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 04:41 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,346,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I don't like it either, as it sends the message of co-dependency. Unfortunately, most of the woman I know bounce from relationship to relationship, rarely staying single but for brief moments. Seems the norm. Can't say I know many that brag about it or wear it as a badge of honor as you speak of. Either way, it's a bad sign. But they get hit on so much, and essentially have a line of suitors waiting for their lastest relationship to end that it makes it easy for them to fall into this trap even if it's not something they seek to do.
This is true but it shouldn't be that hard for someone to say they're not looking for a relationship right now. I've done this as a guy in the past.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:54 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,346,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Those are called "relationship-jumpers."

Those women (and men) who do that are broken and inherently defective. When you meet one, run as fast as you freaking can and don't ever stop running, unless you really enjoy grief and misery.

I always asked, "How long has it been since your last serious relationship?" If I didn't hear her say "6 months" (or more) than we start talking about the weather while I look for the exit to bolt for the door.

The best women are strong emotionally mature independent women who want to be interdependent (as opposed to dependent or co-dependent). Just thinking about a woman like that gives me a fatty.

The worst women are emotionally weak and immature, totally dependent ---- or even worse...co-dependent. Prepare for hours and hours of misery fraught with grief and to be drug down to the lowest levels of your life (which will probably be curb level or lower).

Advising...

Mircea
Learned this lesson myself..though to be fair I didn't know about the relationship jumping initially. She was just out of a long-term relationship. Her previous relationships were all 3 months or less and plenty of them. Things went downhill fast and she jumped right into another relationship still less than 2 months out of her longterm relationship.

Moral of the story...run!!! This is all kinds of red flags.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:08 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
I've had a couple female friends of mine seemingly take pride when they tell me that "they never stay single for long," and in the case of one woman has never gone more than a month of being single since High School.
I don't know why they take pride in this.... For a woman, it requires no developed skill (i.e.,charisma, charm, personalty) in order to attract a man because sex sells itself.

Quote:
Anybody else highly turned off by women (or men) who don't stay single for long?

I could care less.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:13 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Some people are terrified to be alone. I think it is really that simple.
Yeah, I agree. I can't imagine being that way. Must be a sad life.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:16 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
I like my own company. I grew up an only child in a rural area with no kids my age. I'm used to being alone. It's hard to get worked up about it.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:38 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
I've had a couple female friends of mine seemingly take pride when they tell me that "they never stay single for long," and in the case of one woman has never gone more than a month of being single since High School. By this, I don't mean that they stay with the same guy for years and years, but rather that they bounce from relationship to relationship with little time in between. I can't understand why this is something that some women take pride in. Are they trying to present themselves as so attractive that they can get a man whenever they want? Because to me, it's a HUGE turnoff. From my perspective, a woman like that is someone who always NEEDS to have a guy, and is emits a huge aura of insecurity. I want a woman who would be just as fine without me as she would be with me, because a secure woman who is confident is extremely hot.

Besides, not surprisingly, these ladies always seem to have the most drama-filled breakups. Either they complain nonstop about the latest ex, or they will engage in extreme passive aggressive mode via facebook statuses. Not cool.

Anybody else highly turned off by women (or men) who don't stay single for long?
I think you're being a bit too hard on the women.

The fact is, attractive women always have a flock of men circling around who are interested in them. Ever notice how often after an attractive women leaves a relationship, several of her "male friends" suddenly confess to an interest in her? Honestly, I think a lot of women have to FIGHT to stay single...

Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
I haven't been completely single since I was 17. I didn't plan it that way - it's just the way it happened. Do I wish I had spent more time being single? I don't think it really matters. I'm happy now and if I had changed anything in my past - I might not have ended up here. And here is where I'm supposed to be.

Nobody seemed to have an issue with my lack of singleness.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:45 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
I've had a couple female friends of mine seemingly take pride when they tell me that "they never stay single for long," and in the case of one woman has never gone more than a month of being single since High School. By this, I don't mean that they stay with the same guy for years and years, but rather that they bounce from relationship to relationship with little time in between. I can't understand why this is something that some women take pride in. Are they trying to present themselves as so attractive that they can get a man whenever they want? Because to me, it's a HUGE turnoff. From my perspective, a woman like that is someone who always NEEDS to have a guy, and is emits a huge aura of insecurity. I want a woman who would be just as fine without me as she would be with me, because a secure woman who is confident is extremely hot.

Besides, not surprisingly, these ladies always seem to have the most drama-filled breakups. Either they complain nonstop about the latest ex, or they will engage in extreme passive aggressive mode via facebook statuses. Not cool.

Guilty. It wasn't an ego trip for me though. It wasn't because I couldn't be alone. I stayed in my relationships far longer than I should have and had internally moved on before I actually ended them, just waiting for that Hail Mary. So I was already over it. Moving on was easy. But they were dramatic. I knew how to pick 'em. I can't say I would respect that gal either. She was a sucka.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:41 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I think you're being a bit too hard on the women.

The fact is, attractive women always have a flock of men circling around who are interested in them. Ever notice how often after an attractive women leaves a relationship, several of her "male friends" suddenly confess to an interest in her? Honestly, I think a lot of women have to FIGHT to stay single...
You can say that again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships