Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 03:14 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,858,463 times

Advertisements

This has happened to me several times. This one guy asked me out after finding out about me from a mutual friend. He mentioned going to a show but when he picked me out he suggested a walking trip at the forest preserve to explore the trails and I said okay that would be fine too (I love to walk). We get there and he starts trying to kiss me and grab my boob and I tell him I don't do any of that with someone I just met (though had talked to on the phone). He decides to take me home then and tells my friend I am a prude. I made a few mistakes in meeting him but didn't think he would do this because after all him and my friend were friends.

Last edited by Idon'tdateyou; 03-10-2013 at 03:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 03:14 PM

102,076 posts, read 106,933,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elikhom View Post
Hmm, I always try to kiss the girl at the end of the first date if I had a good time and I like her. If she kisses me back, it would mean that she likes me too. It's just a kiss.
It's a fairly intimate act, it's not an after-dinner mint. If she declines to kiss you, it could just mean that she feels she doesn't know you well enough yet, not that she doesn't like you.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:17 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,211,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
when i was in high school i had one of the most memorable make out sessions in the back seating area of a movie with a date who was a hottie. i'm a middle aged adult now, but the idea still strikes me as kinda of fun with the right woman who is adventurous and who could enjoy the chuckles of course. to each his or her own I guess...
I am with you. Let's see if we can get kicked out.

I think over age 30, it is time to review...we are not in high school any longer. I am a mature adult. If I am attracted to a man, and want sex, I will wait and see if he will stick around, but I would not dismiss him for trying to make a pass at me on the first date. Hey, cut a guy some slack...after all, who can blame a guy? I am a hot babe, after all.

Perhaps I have very low standards. But I live in the reality of my world. Any man dating me in his 30's is probably divorced and paying child support. I don't need to pretend that I am a "Prima Donna" ballerina, who needs a fancy dinner and drinks the first date. I would like honesty though, and that means, if I am not the right one for you, let's part as friends and move on. No sense in wasting time.

Last edited by jasper12; 03-10-2013 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 03-10-2013, 04:31 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,058,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTXsmile View Post
I just wondered if I was the only one that thought this was inappropriate, and if this is the norm these days. Seems like men are so forward now, moreso than before, as if standards have changed.
No, that's not the norm. The guy you dated was just looking to hook up and was way too aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTXsmile View Post
I don't think a questionable Chinese restaurant is an acceptable first date option. The man should also pick me up and drop me off, or at least offer, on a first date. And he shouldn't expect anything more than a kiss, or even that, unless the woman advances more.
I have to disagree with the bolded part; this is an outdated expectation. Unless you directly ask them to, almost no guy is going to offer to pick you up and drop you off. It's pretty much expected that, especially on a first date, both people meet at the location.

With all the media's fear mongering about how dangerous online dating is, guys think that women want to meet publicly at first for safety reasons. So typically, the thought doesn't even pop up to want to pick up their date. I guess it could a slightly different situation if you knew eachother before though.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:15 PM

620 posts, read 1,295,876 times
I'm still stuck on the 'questionable Chinese restaurant' bit. What's wrong with these joints? They have the best, and frequently, the most authentic food!

Old 03-10-2013, 06:50 PM

85 posts, read 134,331 times
Chinese food on a first date? C'mon...you need to do something a little more classy and romantic. I'm not talking about a five star restaurant but there are plenty of average places with a better atmosphere. Mind you, it's not impossible to do a Chinese restaurant if it was nicely set up. But regardless, I would stick with something more neutral until you really know her tastes.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:48 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,052,992 times
No you are absolutely NOT a prude. I have had dates with 25 different (up to a 4th date and some 3rds) guys online and NOT gone through this. Keep your damn lips, hands, etc, to yourself until I say it's ok (or otherwise indicate clearly that it is) You do what you are comfortable doing WHEN you are comfortable doing it. Period. At any age, either gender. I am female btw, 30s. Youngest date 29, oldest 45.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
looks like your focusing too much attention on this one date, so it sounds like your dating skills are too rusty to ignore it and move on. most women who i know that date often, joke about bad dates, vent a bit, brush them off, then think about the next guy or weekend.

But tell me, if this guy was hot/very attractive would you still feel the same way???
And me, personally, if I'm super attracted to the guy, yeah, I'd be doing a whole lot more , Dr. Clean, not that you asked me personally. Of course attraction figures in and sometimes leads to less than logical behavior. (maybe I need a couple extra . LOL I have too much fun here)

Old 03-10-2013, 09:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,682,223 times
If you didn't want a kiss and he still wouldn't get out of the car that's when you hold the mase up, "Wanna get out now?"

Old 03-10-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's not just that he tried to make out....but that he tried to make out IN the movies...which is ridiculous and embarrassing if you're an adult.
ocnjgirl, I've got to disagree with you here. What I wouldn't give for some making out like teens in a movie theater with a guy I liked. My exbf was so shy about "public" stuff. , Ok, maybe it's a bit much for adults, but it's so much fun. He'd hold my hand and was very affectionate in public. But what he considered within reason. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships