Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 04:16 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
She's been with him for 21 years and gave him two sons and a daughter...she deserves half as far as I'm concerned...How he could have all that money and still deny half to the mother of his children is beyond me...talk about cheap, miserly and selfish.
Last time I checked she didn't give him anything. Unless the sperm belonged to someone else. All she did was spread her legs and give birth. That's not a gift. Unless we all should get paid for taking a dump in the restroom. It's the same thing.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:18 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,869,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Last time I checked she didn't give him anything. Unless the sperm belonged to someone else. All she did was spread her legs and give birth. That's not a gift. Unless we all should get paid for taking a dump in the restroom. It's the same thing.
Ah come on! You don't have to be that harsh. haha

Old 03-13-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
Ah come on! You don't have to be that harsh. haha
I didn't think I was harsh. I thought I was straightforward. People over-romanticize things FAR too often.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I didn't think I was harsh. I thought I was straightforward. People over-romanticize things FAR too often.
Yeah I know. And when you call them out on it, they try to rationalize it. It's just weird. How could anyone ever rationalize emotions?

And that video on yahoo! just gave me the shills... how could anyone think of that woman as a victim? Why does the media constantly paint these women like the one in the article as a victim? And why are we questioned when we question this? Why can't we just be honest about these things? And why is it rare to find normal rational women speaking out about this?

Old 03-13-2013, 04:27 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
You may be a good woman, and probably are worth every money spent. You probably deserve that guy that will dedicate his life to you and would most certainly stay dedicated to him. So tell me why do you disagree with me so much, even questioning why I get so worked up about this? If there is something flawed about our system, why don't you also speak up against it? Or at least, why don't you say, "well this guy has a point, I get how it can be scary for a successful man to marry"?
hmm, I am a good woman, not a horse. The man who loves me will not think I "worth every money spent" because I will be priceless to HIM. That is enough for ME.

I will certainly not throw the man I love to the trashcan if one day, he cannot provide financially anymore. I don't get your logic either.

Yes, YOU do have a point. You have every single right in the world to be angry. But Let's hear your solution to the problem.

Write a letter to your congressman? Or simply hiding behind a computer being so angry?

If you dont have a solution, you better learn to be financial savvy, so YOU wont get screwed. Got it?

Rich people are rich for a reason, They know how to make the money and also how to keep it. Dumb ass will always get screwed because the system is fundamentally flawed.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 03-13-2013 at 04:35 PM..

Old 03-13-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
hmm, I am a good woman, not a horse. The man who loves me will not think I "worth every money spent". I will certainly not throw the man I love to the trashcan if one day, he cannot provide financially anymore. I don't get your logic either.

Yes, YOU do have a point. You have every single right in the world to be angry. But Let's hear your solution to the problem.

Write a letter to your congressman? Or simply hiding behind a computer being so angry?

If you dont have a solution, you better learn to be financial savvy, so YOU wont get screwed. Got it?
That doesn't help. I've written far too many letters to congressmen over many different issues.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:34 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
That doesn't help. I've written far too many letters to congressmen over many different issues.
there you go.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
hmm, I am a good woman, not a horse. The man who loves me will not think I "worth every money spent". I will certainly not throw the man I love to the trashcan if one day, he cannot provide financially anymore. I don't get your logic either.
What I'm simply saying is that for a good man, hell any average man, its in their heart to dedicate their lives for their women. Its the way we are biologically disposed, to provide. But the truth is that a in our society today, there are lots of women taking advantage of this type of man. Maybe the man in that article isn't that person, maybe he is a jerk... but the woman in the article doesn't sound any better. I am speaking out against that brand of woman.

Quote:
Yes, YOU do have a point.
FINALLY! THANK YOU!

Quote:
You have every single right in the world to be angry. But Let's hear your solution to the problem.

How about conversations? Bringing awareness to this fact? Influencing women as well to speak out against this (and they are out there, just so you know). That way we can start working together as a community, etc. and work to solve our differences.

You know, as Stephen Hawkings phrased it:

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imaginations, we learned to talk... Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.

Quote:
What's your idea of being financially savvy? The courts have it to where woman find it easy to take man's money from right under his nose. Got it?

Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Rich people are rich for a reason, They know how to make the money and also how to keep it. Dumb ass will always get screwed because the system is fundamentally flawed.
I don't disagree with you, but you're still not being completely honest. You're not condemning the women, or men in some cases, who take advantage of these "dumbasses". Hell, you sound like you're saying a dumb ass deserved to get screwed over. I thought you were a good person?

Old 03-13-2013, 04:39 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
The sentence-by-sentence arguing back and forth is tedious, and now that we're equating childbirth (heh, let's see you do it) with pooping, I'll bow out. Like your sisters, I work hard in my marriage. I've earned half and the laws protect me. I am not going to give up the laws that protect me, and your sisters, so millionaires don't have to pay their wives so much after their prenups are overturned in court. Go ahead and change the laws for multimillionaires and their nonworking spouses. I'm sure their lawyers will have a field day. For my family, half is fair and it's easiest. I am not going to put my security or my children's at risk for Long Island millionaires. If you have to be wealthy before you marry, get yourself a solid prenup and a good lawyer, and try not to marry a bloodsucker. They're out there, and you know it. You're related to some of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships