Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 06:36 PM

838 posts, read 1,350,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardMan8 View Post
I don't buy that one bit. I don't think any sane person would say it's acceptable to leave your SO over a pet. Dude got married, tried to give it all he could with the cat and it wasnt working. The cat has to go...

Unless I didn't read it somewhere, they did not have a conversation prior to getting married that the cat was mandatory
You don't need to buy it.

SHE WAS A VETERINARIAN. IF YOU HAVE PET ALLERGIES DON'T DATE OR MARRY A GD VETERINARIAN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 08:20 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js44 View Post
We can't even have a conversation without the cat interrupting. .
That line right there literally made me LOL.
Like LOL.
I don't know why I find it so funny. The cat interrupting. LOL...

I know about suffering from cats. I am not usually an allergy sufferer, but long enough around a cat and my eyes start watering and I get that frontal headache and cloudiness and just feel ill.
My wife had a cat and two dogs when we met. I had a dog. Her dogs moved in with us. Her cat was rehomed to a friend.

This is the stuff you work out BEFORE you get married.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:12 AM

3,928 posts, read 2,561,472 times
Thank you for sharing the rest of your story. Sorry making connections have been hard and that you wish you'd done more.

Still. I think you have a right to take care of your health and not face the cause of your allergies in your home.

I think there are pet free women out there (ha). I don't have pets, one reason is for me, pets cannot the place of a husband/ family.

Get deeply involved in life. Find meaningful activities and interests to enjoy life to the fullest. And I believe you'll have a better chance at meeting a like-minded woman. Best wishes.

Last edited by Wild Flower; 08-24-2015 at 05:28 AM..

Old 08-29-2015, 02:36 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,877,650 times
OP: While I am against divorce in general, it seems that you came second in that marriage, to a cat. The reality is that she didn't love you, at least not the way a wife or husband should. Animals are animals, not people. The lives of people are precious, not pets. In reality, once she had kids, you would have come after them also. If she was quite happy to see you suffer so that she could keep that stupid cat, that's not the kind of wife you want. Your life and health should be a lot more important to a spouse than a cat.

For example, when we retire, we're moving to a place where it will be healthy for both of us. My wife suffers badly from allergies. I wouldn't think of moving some place and just let her suffer with it. I've got health limitations also that are affected by the environment also, and she is taking that into consideration. That's the way it should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships