Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:23 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,598,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Is this how you want to live? The financial problems will worsen, and did his two domestic assault charges involve you and if so why are you still with him? If you don't want to lose your home and your pets then can't you kick him out?

You have to decide what it is you want out of your life, things aren't going to get better and those domestic assaults will continue. It sounds like he is being stalkerish by going to your workplace and making sure your co-workers can see him getting plastered. Sounds like some kind of control thing.
I think she may have been in this so long and she may not know how (mentally) to get out and/or don't have the financial means to do so. But if I were her as soon as I found out he was an alcoholic, I would have been stashing away some money every chance I got until the opportunity to leave; not just leave but leave the state. She still can do this and it would be a total surprise to him. Let him drink himself to oblivion and one day disappear...poof...gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 09:59 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How in the world is a guy who is a full blown alkie accumulate enough wealth to be able to retire at 47.......
I could guess that he may have been in a branch of service for 20+ years and is retired on his pension.... But, that won't go very far with drinking. I do know guys that have military pensions, and it sure does help them out, but when you add in how many dollars a day to stay drunk, it comes up a bit short, I believe.

Doesn't sound to me as though it's going to get any better. Staying with him, it's going to be a hard row to hoe.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:20 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,449,410 times
my husband shoots at my feet but doesn't intentionally means to shoot me, is there anything wrong with this?

Old 03-15-2013, 03:31 AM

13 posts, read 18,570 times
He's an alcoholic

Old 03-15-2013, 04:49 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That is considered for physical control of the vehicle among other things. It may not get a conviction in court but they can still arrest you for DUI. There is also public drunkness, open container, disorderly conduct, tresspass. Take your pick.
Yep, sitting in a car drunk will get a person arrested. That happened to an ex of mine when I was young. He went out drinking, didn't want to drive so he stayed in the car with the keys on the seat. Cops came by and he was arrested (maced during the process as well). The OP should definitely be calling the cops on him when ever she sees this situation. Enough arrests will land him in jail for a period of time and that will dry him out unless he gets the dt's.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:39 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperblack View Post
My husband has taken to drinking in the car while waiting for me ti come out of work. He gets totally smashed then wants me to drive home. Anyone see an issue with this?
You want him to be happy to see you when you come out of work right?

Old 03-17-2013, 08:13 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,773,237 times
He is an alcoholic, doing what alcoholics do. So, what is the payoff for you? There is a reason you stay with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships