Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 12:15 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,065,322 times

Advertisements

I think he knows you're interested. I'd let him come to you. Please stop blaming yourself and calling yourself dumb. Dating is hard, it can be if you take it too seriously. Relax and let him return to you. Don't post on his face book, don't text him. He will find you if he's interested, just give it some time. And if he's into you, you can't mess it up so don't blame yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 06:05 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
You should only delete him if his constant presence on FB taunts you, knowing you like him but he does not like you. Since you said he rarely posts on FB, this should not be a problem.

It says a lot about the state of our society that simple politeness can be so easily be confused with flirting.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:20 AM

103 posts, read 259,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Yes, But it happened at your initiation, and he did ask you to dinner when he couldn't attend your planned evening.

At 32 you should be able to command a room, much less a one on one date. Why all the "coy" behavior?

You have probably give some real mixed messages, because I am confused by your post alone. Either you've read too much into his salesman demeanor, or you've dropped the ball on his obvious cues, judging by your description of his interactions last summer.

By the way, what happened last summer that it just fell to the wayside?? Perhaps you are just in the friend zone? Where did you meet his friends?

I cannot imagine trying to begin a relationship w/ someone that initiates contact, then spends the whole evening acting like a coy school kid. I wouldn't be interested unless my date showed mutual interest in me.
You'll never know if you continue this method. Obviously he was hinting to doing something after dinner, an you pointed to your own car. You might have just asked, "Oh, where are we off too" Maybe he was intending dancing or coffee or something beyond dinner.

Work on your technique, get your confidence up or put off dating until you feel more confident. There is a lot of serious competition out there, get your head in the game so to speak. Go for it, the worst that could happen is he isn't interested...but it will at least be good practice dating.

Here are some helpful links, Good Luck to you!!
http://divorcedatingpost.com/http://...ce/2012/04/19/
Dating After Divorce | Dating & Romance
Its not intentional .... I do really like him. Ive never dated much. Relationships just sorta happened ... I havent dated much, but usually yes I can command a room ...

Well, I moved for one ... The sale was a mess (we had to go with a back up offer in the 11th hour...) I dont know. We kept in touch via FB ... I did invite him out to see the house about a month after the closing, but I sorta dropped the ball and never gave him a firm date (I started dating someone... which is over.) Im wondering if thats all coming into play (though he doesnt know why I never firmed up plans with him.)

Thats what Im trying to figure out ... Im 99% positive it was a date (sure felt like one ...) but maybe I am in the FZ (how do I get out?!)

He owns a restraunt as well as being a Realtor. My girlfriend and I were at the restraunt last summer. We were in the bar having a pre-dinner drink and then started heading upstairs to eat. I was walkign through (he was sitting down at a table but I didnt see him) he said my name and I want to introduce you to my friends. He introduced just me. One of the ladies even said "Ohhhh so your ... (my name) ..." They asked me how I knew him, etc.

He did keep checking on me all night - stopping by and saying hi. Also he invited us up for lunch the following day ... which he treated us to.

Ya, Im really embarrassed by how I acted ... I just kept telling myself this isnt a date so I was afraid to look at him or act like it was a date cause ... ugh I just couldnt at the time believe it was. I really like him - I feel like its obvious? Embarrassingly so ...

Yes, I realized after I was in my car... he seemed a bit hurt/offended too... Probably thinks Im playing some game when in reality Im kicking myself ....

So how would I fix this mess? A lot of people are saying the balls in his court ... I asked him out he said no ... Should I just walk away? I dotn want to make any more of an ass of myself

Old 03-13-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
No do not delete him.

The fact that you want to delete him tells me that you are really into him, and if you are really into him then you need to ask him out. Be direct and make one last attempt.

Yes I am ...

Old 03-13-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
It has been my experience that when a man is interested he will pursue you...
I have never texted a man fist after any type of meeting that may resemble a date because I want to ensure that I have his attention...
You have done all the pursuing yet you are doubting your approach? He is not interested he has many opps to contact you..why are you holding on?
At this point, Im not sure.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I think he knows you're interested. I'd let him come to you. Please stop blaming yourself and calling yourself dumb. Dating is hard, it can be if you take it too seriously. Relax and let him return to you. Don't post on his face book, don't text him. He will find you if he's interested, just give it some time. And if he's into you, you can't mess it up so don't blame yourself.
I do find this to be true ...

Old 03-13-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You should only delete him if his constant presence on FB taunts you, knowing you like him but he does not like you. Since you said he rarely posts on FB, this should not be a problem.

It says a lot about the state of our society that simple politeness can be so easily be confused with flirting.
I can not state enough .... it was NOT simple politeness. I know when Im being hit on! I know what politeness looks like adn I know what showing interest looks like that was never the question ....

Old 03-13-2013, 08:26 AM

Its seems like the men are all saying contact him one more time ... the women saying drop it.

So MEN:

Should I just call him and say, "I want to go back to that great restraunt ... when are you free?" Leave it more open ended? Im hoping to get some closure here. I figure if I leave it on him then he hes not interested it itll become 100% clear when hell have no choice but to say "Im not."

Old 03-13-2013, 08:40 AM

146 posts, read 244,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessat32 View Post
Its seems like the men are all saying contact him one more time ... the women saying drop it.

So MEN:

Should I just call him and say, "I want to go back to that great restraunt ... when are you free?" Leave it more open ended? Im hoping to get some closure here. I figure if I leave it on him then he hes not interested it itll become 100% clear when hell have no choice but to say "Im not."
I'm a guy, but probably not your normal guy. If I was him I would want you to just come out and say "Hey I thought we had a connection before, but now I'm not so sure. I'm not really good at the whole dating thing, but I really like you and would like to get to know you better. If you are not interested in me the same way I totally understand".

One thing you have to worry about is that most guys will show interest of some sort in almost any girl they are around because many guys are perpetually horny. If you are really into him, then I would presume it's not just for sex. So I would make that point clear to him.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1967 View Post
I'm a guy, but probably not your normal guy. If I was him I would want you to just come out and say "Hey I thought we had a connection before, but now I'm not so sure. I'm not really good at the whole dating thing, but I really like you and would like to get to know you better. If you are not interested in me the same way I totally understand".

One thing you have to worry about is that most guys will show interest of some sort in almost any girl they are around because many guys are perpetually horny. If you are really into him, then I would presume it's not just for sex. So I would make that point clear to him.

Hmm well, that would certainly be pretty direct. Im going to have to think this one through ... I just wish hed take some initiative! ugh I dont like chasing him. I feel sorta desperate.

Hmm, hes over 40 so Im not sure this applies to him ... Its not like hes 20 something ... but I guess you never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships