Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 11:00 AM

16 posts, read 16,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If you are not sexually and emotionally attracted to your husband anymore, I think you should pack your stuff and leave.
Move in with your parents and figure out a way to become a single mother.

There are a lot of single mothers who can support themselves and their babies. Your future is not necessarily doomed.

Divorce is completely justified is there are abuse, addiction and affair in the marriage. Your husband hit you and cheated on you. You should leave.
I actually make very good money i work 2 days and make about 700-800 a week. plenty to take care of my own.
yes he cheated in me when we were about 18 not once but twice. and admited it...

Old 03-13-2013, 11:02 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kysmommy View Post
Im not immature at all. Just because someone telling me that my sons gonna have 2 or more new dads in his future and me defending myself??? I did not expect my relationship to get this distant. I had a child with someone that I have been with since i was 16, i didnt go out and just get pregnant by anyone, and honestly im happy i did have a child with him because he is a great father. Just because we dont make eachother happy anymore does not effect the love we give our son.
I think separating would be a good idea.

As long as you can both commit to raising your child, he will be fine.

I don't think people should stay together "just for the kids". Trust me, I've seen how people who do that live!

( And it's pretty twisted.... )

Old 03-13-2013, 11:03 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
I actually make very good money i work 2 days and make about 700-800 a week. plenty to take care of my own.
yes he cheated in me when we were about 18 not once but twice. and admited it...
No women deserve to be abused and cheated on. Leaving him for these two reasons (abuse and affair) alone is completely justified. Plus, you don't want to raise your child in such an abusive enviornment.
Good luck to you.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:04 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Me and my husband have been dating on and off for 9 years, we have been married a year and 3 months & have a 5 month old son. I dont know what to do, im not attracted to him anymore, we dont even sleep in the same room. When we get a sitter for a night out he goes w his friends and i go w mine. When it comes to our son and opinions about things we can never agree on on anythings, theres never a middle. Do you think we should split up? Some ppl may say its selfish because we have a child but i dont think i should be miserable... either way we will both be in our sons life and he will always be taken care of. Help :/!
Sounds like you already made up your mind.

My question would be why are you so eager to leave with a 5-month old in tow?

Unless you two are fighting all the time, why not wait until your child passes the one-year mark, at least?

I dunno. I'm thinking you're eager to be single and dating and I am all for single parents dating, but your baby is VERY young to be dating. Trust me.

I was a single mom. I didn't start dating again until my son was a toddler and we had an established routine that he understood. I also didn't bring guys home unless they were just friends. Kids don't need a stream of dudes they refer to as "Uncle (whatever name)" who vanish as quick as they arrived.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No women deserve to be abused and cheated on. Leaving him for these two reasons (abuse and affair) alone is completely justified. Plus, you don't want to raise your child in such an abusive enviornment.
Good luck to you.
i guess i just always took him back because i had a weak heart... he was my first love. And I dont think he would ever cheat on me agaib but theres not a day it doesnt cross my mind..

Old 03-13-2013, 11:12 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Im not immature at all. Just because someone telling me that my sons gonna have 2 or more new dads in his future and me defending myself??? I did not expect my relationship to get this distant. I had a child with someone that I have been with since i was 16, i didnt go out and just get pregnant by anyone, and honestly im happy i did have a child with him because he is a great father. Just because we dont make eachother happy anymore does not effect the love we give our son.
Knee-jerk profanity and namecalling are not part of productive conflict resolution. If you're reacting this way to people who are only trying to help you, I can only imagine the "discussions" you have with your husband.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Sounds like you already made up your mind.

My question would be why are you so eager to leave with a 5-month old in tow?

Unless you two are fighting all the time, why not wait until your child passes the one-year mark, at least?

I dunno. I'm thinking you're eager to be single and dating and I am all for single parents dating, but your baby is VERY young to be dating. Trust me.

I was a single mom. I didn't start dating again until my son was a toddler and we had an established routine that he understood. I also didn't bring guys home unless they were just friends. Kids don't need a stream of dudes they refer to as "Uncle (whatever name)" who vanish as quick as they arrived.
i actually dont want to date, my son is the only boy i need in my life. But im sick of coming home and sitting in an awkward silence w. my husband.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:15 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,777 times
Quote:
i actually dont want to date, my son is the only boy i need in my life. But im sick of coming home and sitting in an awkward silence w. my husband.
Have you tried talking to him about this at all?

Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 AM

We can talk but he says its me, i say its him... like i said theres never a middle.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:23 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
We can talk but he says its me, i say its him... like i said theres never a middle.
You need a 3rd party like a counselor to help. Not saying that's guaranteed to work but it's better than nothing since you two are at a deadlock. Some couples do work through their issues that way. You can find inexpensive counseling through churches or county social services. Someone has to ask to go to counseling (hopefully you) and if one or both of you don't want to go to counseling then things just stay the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships