Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 07:17 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times

Advertisements

Take the office instigator out for some tea and cupcakes and then a one night stand. It is that easy. Let's not pretend to be ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 04:01 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
Just wait for the right moment until she does something deserving a write up. In the meantime just keep her on check.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:40 AM

973 posts, read 3,304,522 times
Is this a Union Shop? Sometimes, the Union Rep's can help if they are aware that a person is a troublemaker. I had a good relationship with the Reps' at my previous employer and they would sometimes pull an employee aside and let them know they were walking a fine line and could end up being written up sooner or later.

Keep up the documentation because if there are no "Clear-Cut" rules being broken, the paper trail will be what keeps your own tail out of the wringer. Make sure you have names of witnesses, dates, times, what was said or done, etc......If you can get witness statements, all the better. Make sure you get HR's okay regarding your approach. HR can often make or break situations like this so they need to be on board with what you do.

Sit down with HR and explain the situation and ask for guidance. Sometimes, HR can help you focus on the best approach to take with someone like this and put them on alert that there is a problem and you want their assistance.

I had an employee once that was much like yours. She was very negative, complained bitterly about everything and talked trash about others every chance she got. After numerous complaints, I pulled her aside and told her that she was creating a hostile work environment and put her on notice that it was going to stop or there would be consequences. I had gotten guidance from HR and they helped me to formulate a plan to address this woman and stay within the guidelines of the companys disciplinary process, which wasn't always clear.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:04 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
People like that always hang themselves. Just do your job. She'll slip up and be out the door.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:13 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedie80 View Post
LOL That's a great idea!

I don't ever play into her demonic mind games, but I know she gets under the skin of several other employees. She has to be the Alpha-female. She can't stand that I have done everything right in achieving my position here, and I know it burns her that I was promoted over her, because I am younger with less experience.

However: she was fired from her previous job (which, coincidentally, was the same work) for poor customer service technique. She has continued to have the same temperment here, hence the "building a paper trail" that I'm working on.

I may not have been doing this very long, but I think I'm a "people person" when it comes to customer service (I go out of my way for most) and I also have a 4-year degree; something she lacks. I was told I was promoted for that very reason.

She was very condescending/nosey when I was merely her coworker too...it's just been exacerbated by my new position. I didn't tell her anything then either.

She just frustrates me to no end.

You should confide in her about hearing someone tell you they were trying to get her fired. Then leave out who...

That should keep her gears spinning wondering WHO was out to get her.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Not unless you work with a bunch of mischievous mind playing rats. Then the normal one is forced to leave lol .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
People like that always hang themselves. Just do your job. She'll slip up and be out the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships