Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 04:47 PM

393 posts, read 466,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I'd ask if she's (either actually or technically) exclusive with the person she's seeing. If so, tell her that you can't date her while she is. If she's not, then you're both free to do as you please.
Bad advice--someone could lose the opportunity to be with the love of their life following it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 04:53 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
Someone could lose the opportunity to be with the love of their life following that advice.
I agree with you in this situation. However, the OP has some reservations that such opinions probably won't change given his past experiences, so it seems best to give him advice he may actually heed.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:53 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
First - this is "spark" girl from the previous post.

She ended up with my phone number, and we've been texting almost nonstop for the past 3 days. She's about a month out of a 2 year relationship, and told me she was "seeing someone" when we first met - but then complained about certain things about them (which sounded similar to my complaints about the girl I was seeing at the time, although I've since broke up with her).

Is this common in the dating world? I was cheated on by my ex wife, and never would want to be one of those guys, as I distinctly remember what it felt like going through it.

But this is dating, not a 10+ year relationship and marriage - this is what people do, right? I don't have any right to pry or tell her to stop..

Anyway, she may come over tomorrow, and we've talked about how we both miss cuddling, intimacy, etc, and she's a bit suggestive with possibly wanting more than that..

I'd really love nothing more than to cook together, cuddle and watch a movie, then a night of passionate sex, like some of the good days back in the marriage..

But she's "seeing someone," soo...?
IMO if she's not hitched or engaged, she's fair game for trying to swipe from her current squeeze unless/until she tells you she's not interested. But I wouldn't get involved unless/until she breaks it off with the other guy.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:00 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,345,632 times
A month out of a 2 year relationship is bad news. Sounds like she's rebounding and this other guy is already dead in the tracks. If you're just looking for something casual, then pursue on but these situations rarely end well.

Personally, if you really like her, I would bide my time as a friend and let her work through this current fling. It will help her get over her past failed relationship without ruining any chance for you and her down the road.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:11 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
Personally, if you really like her, I would bide my time as a friend and let her work through this current fling. It will help her get over her past failed relationship without ruining any chance for you and her down the road.
Haven't you ever heard of the Friend Zone?

Old 03-13-2013, 06:23 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,444,585 times
Blah, she's been texting me tons of sexual stuff, including how turned on I made her. I've been trying not to steer the conversation, but that's where it keeps going!

Don't know if it's just talk, but..I want her badly.

Ex wife just started asking if I "miss her sometimes," and the ex I just broke up with keeps messaging me on facebook. WTF.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:30 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Blah, she's been texting me tons of sexual stuff, including how turned on I made her. I've been trying not to steer the conversation, but that's where it keeps going!

Ex wife just started asking if I "miss her sometimes," and the ex I just broke up with keeps messaging me on facebook. WTF.
Yeah, she is texting you tons of sexual stuff because she views you as a casual fling. As well she should, as she is just out of a relationship. Women who want to be in a relationship with a man would not always steer things to a sexual conversation because they don't want to end up as a booty call. This gal is doing the opposite because that is what she is up for. I don't blame her at all for that, this is what people fresh out of a long relationship are like. They aren't ready for a new relationship and they broadcast that (when they are lucky).

If you are open for something casual, most likely purely sexual, go for it. If you are looking for something more, you need to look elsewhere.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:38 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:

Have a foursome?

(when it rains it pours)

Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,345,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Haven't you ever heard of the Friend Zone?
The friendzone doesn't exist if she actually finds him attractive which she apparently does.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:27 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Seeing someone who is already with someone Imo is a waste of time, however plenty of men and women don't mind being with someone if that person is already taken. In matter of fact in my location women like men who are already attached compared to being with someone who is actually single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships