Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 12:58 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,524,315 times

Advertisements

You're coming across like you're desperate. Everyone will pick up on that and act accordingly. You need to calm down and let happen, what will happen. Also, if the members of your group are all paired up, you need to branch out and look for groups of singles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 01:07 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,839,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Her location isn't her problem.
Her profile says she lives on the sun. Men like to congregate in a lot of places (sports bars, hiking clubs, golf tournaments, etc.) but I don't think a sphere of hot plasma interlaced with varying magnetic fields that can be upward of 5700K on a mild day is really a top destination for them.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:18 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,346,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I'll never find anyone. I'm 24 and I'm at the age where everyone is taken, and those who are interested are just looking for something on the side. I'm always meeting people who are like 25/26 and have been in relationships for 10 years that started in high school. It seems that I will never be a girlfriend or anything important to a man. Ever. I'll forever just be a side piece. I missed the window of opportunity to fall in love and meet someone years ago.
Well aren't you being just a little over dramatic here? That's a lot of nevers, evers and forevers. Sheesh, you're 24. Take some of the advice given here and get over yourself. And besides, it's really not a tragedy if you don't find someone. Life can be very satisfying as a singleton. Take it from someone who knows. Lighten up, focus on doing something you're interested in, try some volunteer work, stretch your social circle. Just DO something different than you've always done. Shake things up and find some ways raise your self esteem that don't involve a man.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:23 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,421,876 times
I saw this thread posted after reading her whine about the guy who gave her a lift home but didn't automagically jump her bones because 'shes such a catch'. Wondered where it would go and now I realise shes just a whiner, on one side she has no self confidence and is a desperado the other side shes read one too many fairy stories and thinks prince charming should just sweep her off her feet, the truth is men don't like whiners or clingy desperado's.

Change your attitude OP or yes you will be allll alone forever *rolls eyes*

Old 03-15-2013, 01:26 PM

968 posts, read 1,136,887 times
Quote:
I'll never find anyone. I'm 24 and I'm at the age where everyone is taken, and those who are interested are just looking for something on the side. I'm always meeting people who are like 25/26 and have been in relationships for 10 years that started in high school. It seems that I will never be a girlfriend or anything important to a man. Ever. I'll forever just be a side piece. I missed the window of opportunity to fall in love and meet someone years ago.
He'll come soon honey.... Don't change anything about yourself. If they don't like it, to hell with them.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:32 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,809,030 times
don't be so sure

Old 03-15-2013, 01:34 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,660,615 times
24 is a great dating age for women. Are there issues with your personal appearance? Are you a bit crazy and driving men off?

Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM

224 posts, read 356,477 times
I feels ya, girl.

I really do.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:44 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,950,721 times
Quote:
A lot of people my age are taken. I'm not lying. A lot of guys I meet have kids or a long term/live-in girlfriend. Some are just looking for something on the side which is me. I'm never the girlfriend or the one they fall in love with.
You must live in a small town or very rural area then. Go to a larger city, metro of 300,000 or more, you'll find plenty of young and single people. The average age for a woman to be married at in the U.S. is 26, so you're still 2 years from that, and not everyone marries at 26 either.

24 is HARDLY the age to call it all over. Perhaps if you're from some place in the deep south where most people marry right out of high school (often times a big mistake, check out their marriage survival rates). You have PLENTY of time.

Being "someone's girlfriend" should not be your sole priority in life and the one thing holding you back from happiness. Relationships, especially rushed or pressed ones, can cause immense amounts of stress. Best advice is when you do get into a relationship again, make sure it's the right person, don't be with them ust so you have someone. Be sure to look into the future and know you can see yourself having strong feelings for this person, don't rush anything, you're still young and have plenty of time.

Best of luck to you, you will find someone in due time.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:47 PM

6,460 posts, read 6,652,151 times
I don't think I've read any of your other threads, but some of the replies here say you've been a whiner in general. So here's my advice to a lonely whiner:

1. It is FAR better to be single than to be in an unhappy marriage.

2. You will be able to attract a high caliber mate only if YOU are a high caliber mate. Invest time and effort into yourself. Are you interesting, kind, in decent shape, fun to be around?

3. Misery loves company. If you are a negative whiner, and you see the glass as half empty, then just imagine what life will be like when the negativity is doubled (you + future negative mate). You will get on each other's nerves, you will not like each other's attitudes, there will be arguing and resentment, and point #1 (above) will be there everyday haunting you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships