Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 04:49 AM

301 posts, read 329,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Likewise I'm still waiting, fingers crossed, on why you consider men to be "property."
This basically isn't the topic of the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 04:50 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird13 View Post
This basically isn't the topic of the thread.
Neither is your little spat with Beachmel, but you don't hesitate to comment on that...

Old 03-20-2013, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Neither is your little spat with Beachmel, but you don't hesitate to comment on that...
Why do you need to know anyway?

Old 03-20-2013, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Why do you need to know anyway?
I don't need to know, I'm just curious. You made a statement and I'm asking you to elaborate. I'm not rushing to judgment, I just want to hear your explanation or justification for viewing men as property. Ultimately I don't care. This is just an anonymous forum, I don't know you, likely never will, and most certainly will never be your property. But it is an intriguing statement that may well be totally benign. On the other hand your explanation could offer some insight into how you approach topics in the forum and why you give the advice you give.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:
I don't need to know, I'm just curious. You made a statement and I'm asking you to elaborate. I'm not rushing to judgment, I just want to hear your explanation or justification for viewing men as property. Ultimately I don't care. This is just an anonymous forum, I don't know you, likely never will, and most certainly will never be your property. But it is an intriguing statement that may well be totally benign. On the other hand your explanation could offer some insight into how you approach topics in the forum and why you give the advice you give.
You consider your partner your second half don't you think your second half is your kinda property?

I'm not the only one who has given such advice to him, two people after me said the same and I don't know how many people have said this before me. I reckon they don't have the same outlook with me. Therefore my explanation isn't really that important.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
You consider your partner your second half don't you think your second half is your kinda property?

I'm not the only one who has given such advice to him, two people after me said the same and I don't know how many people have said this before me. I reckon they don't have the same outlook with me. Therefore my explanation isn't really that important.
If you are referring to my photo album of me and my wife, look again. It's called "me and my better half." "better." Not second. Even if it did say second, it does not imply that I consider her "kinda property." Logic fail on your part.

If you don't want to answer my question just say so. I can appreciate the honesty. Dodging it by trying to turn it around on me and talking about what others have said in their posts does nothing to answer the question. I'm not asking about what others have said I'm asking about what you said. If you don't want to answer the question just say so.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
If you are referring to my photo album of me and my wife, look again. It's called "me and my better half." "better." Not second. Even if it did say second, it does not imply that I consider her "kinda property." Logic fail on your part.
I was not referring to you at all? I only visited your profile now, after seeing what you've written here.

What's wrong with my answer? You wanted me to answer I did and now you're not happy. Why?

Old 03-20-2013, 08:11 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I rejected a fat girl once. She stood out to me because the scowl she gave me was like I hit her grandmother in the face with a shovel. OP, you can only be as nice as you can and not worry about their reactions. You shouldn't be forced to date a fat chick no matter what some posters may say or imply.
No, of course nobody should be forced, or feel forced to date anyone they are not attracted to.

I think the point of most posts against the OP is that he seems to have an awfully negative attitude towards women he does not find attractive and who are approaching him. Being approached by women, whether he finds them attractive or not, really shouldn't be such a frustration.

Just like I tell my 4 year old when she doesn't want to eat her veggies... when I offer her a veggie, which I will be doing, a simple, polite "no thank you" works much better than a heaping spoon full of 'tude!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
If you don't want to answer my question just say so. I can appreciate the honesty. Dodging it by trying to turn it around on me and talking about what others have said in their posts does nothing to answer the question. I'm not asking about what others have said I'm asking about what you said. If you don't want to answer the question just say so.
I answered. If you don't like my answers don't ask any questions. As simple as that.

You said my answer will help to understand why do I approach thread this or another way. By telling you what others said I wanted to show you that my advice has nothing to do with my views on relationship. Don't get so angry

And I didn't really expect you had there in your profile written that about your half. If I knew I'd make up something not so ordinary.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:22 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,989 times
Thunderbird, you said that your "second half is kinda property"...you haven't explained why. Personally, I don't give a flip about your explanation but it does say a lot about you. See? I DO have reading comprehension.

There are, of course, two sides to this issue the OP has presented. Some of us are of the belief that just because someone is "ugly to you", doesn't make them second class citizens. If you can't find it in your heart to be civil, do try not to be as rude as you seem to be. It's clear you have problems and they really came out in your answers to the OP.

The other side is saying don't date who you don't want to...actually, it's the same side of the coin. No one here is saying to date someone you don't find attractive. It was the language of the first post that riled some people...myself included...because it shows the OP doesn't have much character. It needs development...a little humanity would be nice. I believe you need this lesson as well.

Glad you kept your fingers crossed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships