Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 04:56 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think you can meet friendly people all over... I've met some ridiculously great guys at dive bars and concerts, some of the worst have been at coffee shops. I tend to strike up conversations wherever I go, and talked to a really nice guy today on the subway to work. He was going home to visit his family and interview for summer internships in Seattle. We bonded over shared pictures of our dogs

So... I say just strike up conversations with random people, me and women. You never know who you're going to meet and it's not men's responsibility to flirt or start the process. Start it yourself!
I talk to strangers all the time. Most of them are friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 08:06 PM

968 posts, read 1,137,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Friendly men are at the Advanced Auto car shops.
That's a good place to start. Lowe's, Home Depot and Sears being more.

Coffee shop type places are for dudes just wanting to have "fun" and a good time. Have fun and a good time somewheres else.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RLK45 View Post

Coffee shop type places are for dudes just wanting to have "fun" and a good time. Have fun and a good time somewheres else.
I like both handsome.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 PM

968 posts, read 1,137,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I like both handsome.
You're so kind...I'm blushing.

At least you know about those other places most ladies wouldn't ever consider. There's a whole lot of places to meet different kinds of guys. Catching them off guard in their safe place stacks the odds in any gals favor.

The whole place is full of men.....POW...you're the only woman in the place.

Take your pick.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:47 PM

752 posts, read 2,085,370 times
My BIL is another standoffish male. I have known him for three years and he is still never chatty when I am around. My DH says he will warm up "over time" but who knows...Says tht is jsut the way he is...cold and aloof for a long time until he "gets to know people better" Hmmm...

Old 03-17-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
You're so kind...I'm blushing.

At least you know about those other places most ladies wouldn't ever consider. There's a whole lot of places to meet different kinds of guys. Catching them off guard in their safe place stacks the odds in any gals favor.

The whole place is full of men.....POW...you're the only woman in the place.

Take your pick.
I just love how they think I don't know stuff. "This is how you put on the wipers mame. You need a certain size."

Me-"Oh where the alligator hook thingy is?"

Haha@ blushing.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:36 PM

456 posts, read 1,169,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post

Where are the friendlier men? In my past experience, Mediteranean, italy, Spain, Mexico, etc., the old South...(like men over 40)

Not so friendly, the "new" South, defiently, who wants to add to that?

Oh and I was single from age 21 to age 31 so I have a lot of experience (with rejection and loss that is, not anything lurid)
I have to say I agree and disagree with you. Yes, most European men are more likely to approach you, but how many other women are they approaching every day? I always found that incredibly creepy. If you're into monogamy, it might not be your thing. European men often have mistresses. It's more of a norm in their cultures. Personally, I think a European man who lives in the US and has been a bit Americanized would be the perfect man.

But talking about the US, I would say the least friendly men are on the East Coast.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:19 AM

845 posts, read 1,348,362 times
Quote:

What the frick?! From this forum and the non-intimate relationship forums, a good suggestion I've seen was to meet people at coffee shops. Now, that's been knocked off the list, too? Meeting people is getting harder and harder now.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
What the frick?! From this forum and the non-intimate relationship forums, a good suggestion I've seen was to meet people at coffee shops. Now, that's been knocked off the list, too? Meeting people is getting harder and harder now.
Nah I like them. Love when I eyeball something goodlooking in the drive thru. Give them the ,"How you doing" look.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:19 AM

752 posts, read 2,085,370 times
Well one time I was a member of match.com and I had this real nice pen pal for awhile...he was from Argentina. Not a marrying type, but let me tell you...social skills would make the rest of the men in Georgia look like knuckle dragging apes....I think he was a writer. Very smart man I remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships