Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:21 PM

597 posts, read 1,146,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Unfort

It is good to hear that you are now going to give some of the other 2,000,000,000 women on this planet aside from your crush a chance before making the instant decision to reject them, since that is the right thing to do.
How many times do I have to say that I would never consider anyone else besides the girl I care about?

You have mentioned this several times. There is no point in repeating yourself!

I am here to recieve opinions regarding my question, not discuss something previously posted about.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:21 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
Is it morally right for a women to reject a man because of looks??[/url]
Yes, and I doubt anyone's answer is going to change.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:22 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Well, OP, it's good to hear that you feel it's wrong to base attraction solely on looks. That means you can give up on this one woman who is "the most beautiful girl you've ever seen" and go for something less superficial.

At last we're getting somewhere.

Find someone else who feels it's wrong to base attraction solely on looks, and who isn't disgusted by people who look Hispanic. ETA: Oh, and also, I guess, someone whose idea of a "lady" is someone who casts hostile glances at others for three solid years, doesn't give others a chance based on looks, and dislikes Hispanic looks.

I guess everyone's definition of "a lady" is different. Anyway...find that person.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
You made a valid/good point. However, the point I was trying to make is that it is seriously wrong to reject someone solely because of their appearance. I believe people should give someone a chance to get to know them before making an instant decision. That is the right thing to do.

Thank you for posting.

You are entitled to whatever value or moral code you wish. But you are going to have a very difficult time finding a partner who agrees with you. So you should be aware of how you are limiting your dating pool.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
In retrospect, perhaps "fair" was not the best way to ask my question.

Perhaps my question would be better phrased as; " Is it morally right for a women to reject a man because of looks??
And yet, our answer still won't change.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:25 PM

597 posts, read 1,146,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, OP, it's good to hear that you feel it's wrong to base attraction solely on looks. That means you can give up on this one woman who is "the most beautiful girl you've ever seen" and go for something less superficial.

At last we're getting somewhere.

Find someone else who feels it's wrong to base attraction solely on looks, and who isn't disgusted by people who look Hispanic.
Read post 121. I would never consider anyone else, so there is no need to make suggestions like; "find someone else."

Perhaps we shouldn't be so quick to assume that being hispanic has ruined my chances. I listed it as a possible reason not a definite fact.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:26 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
In retrospect, perhaps "fair" was not the best way to ask my question.

Perhaps my question would be better phrased as; " Is it morally right for a women to reject a man because of looks??
Morals still don't enter into it, no matter how you rephrase it.

And you still don't know for sure why she's repelled by you. Everything: her personality, her dating status (single vs. unavailable), her reason for not being attracted to you, her values, racial preference (if any), have all been conjecture/projection on your part. You don't really know this girl, except for what you see at school.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:26 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Everyone has the right to set their own standards of what they seek. I suspect with so much vanity, when a women lose their looks don't be surprised if you don't measure up at some time in the future. A relationship built on the shallow will have nothing to fall back on.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:27 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Read post 121. I would never consider anyone else, so there is no need to make suggestions like; "find someone else."

Perhaps we shouldn't be so quick to assume that being hispanic has ruined my chances. I listed it as a possible reason not a definite fact.

I find it sad enough when older people like lpfan have this f'ed up attitude. But dude, you are too young. What you have going on in your head is not healthy. Seek help.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:30 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Why would you want to link your fate to this person's rejection of you, if you think she's morally wrong or otherwise doesn't share an important value with you? Face it; by your own criterion, she's not right for you.

"Never" is a long time for a 19-year-old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships