Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 11:39 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Still lost to your little diatribe. Don't have a clue why you highlighted some things. I don't like the "princess menatality" in women. So sue me. You really didn't say anything. You just highlighted the facdt that I am not a chump and would not do all the work. Congrats-you do know me!

Not waiting any more for a reply as I realize you have no point.
(le sigh) Reading is fundamental, hon. I can't help you any more than that. I can't come over there and read it for you and explain each word. And I don't have a braille attachment to my computer. I am so very sorry you were unable to see the point when it was literally bolded and written out for you, but then again, you don't really want to see the point. Not much more I can do here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Aww, so cute that you have all the answers for everything. I'll be watching you when you take over *grimaces* Dr. Phils role. Just because things have happened in your life does not make it the "truth" for everybody. The same can be said for anything I say.
How is noting that non-100% effective birth control is not 100%, "hav(ing) the answers for everything"?

And what does Dr. Phil have to do with the fact that non-100% forms of birth control are not non-100%? Did he initiate that idea? I actually have no idea what Dr. Phil says, I don't watch his show, if his show is still on (is it?).

You're reaching because you're mad, SMP. Stick with the subject or go in the corner and pout until you're over it.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:42 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I know this is very common, but I disagree with a girl withholding sex in order to make sure that the guy isnt only after that. Both, men and women enjoy sex, and when you start withholding it for whatever reason, it becomes a bargaining tool. From bargaining tool, it quickly turns into a weapon as the relationship progresses and is far too often used as a reward/punishment token. This type of approach and withholding sex in general, wrecks many otherwise great relationships. Be yourself - man or a woman. When you are ready to have sex, go for it. It feels good and we all like it.
NO NO NO! I previously posted a should I text him thread. I did end up texting the guy and we did go out again. Then we were supposed to go on a third date and he flaked on me. Meanwhile, I was open to maybe having sex with him. To do so so early would have been a first for me but I really liked him, didn't want to play games etc. I was just going to let him come over because he had a difficult day and I figure why play games , all I wanted was to spend time with him and if something happened so be it, just go with the flow. I have concluded he flaked on me because all he wanted was sex and he just wasn't that interested in me and he figured it wasn't going to happen so he cut his losses. Maybe he was thinking of the 3 date rule , this would have been the 4th time I saw him, though I didn't consider the 2nd time I saw him as a date. Meanwhile, I started to really like him. (which is why I started stressing on something as simple as "should I text him?" in the first place.)
What a disaster it would have been had he followed through and we ended up in bed THEN he disappeared on me! How much worse would I feel now? We as women have to protect ourselves and our feelings. We are still biologically ladies and no matter how far we've come outside the bedroom, for most of us, our heart is still closely connected to our hormones and we tend to get more hurt than men after being intimate if it turns out to be a one time thing. Men are still men and women still women.

Last edited by lastwomanstanding; 03-19-2013 at 12:15 PM..

Old 03-19-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Just because things have happened in your life does not make it the "truth" for everybody.
Since I'm not the entirety of that certain percentage of perfect-use pill and IUD failures, I don't see how you think I'm saying what happened in my life, alone, made it the truth "for everybody." I did give examples, which were just that.

Get a hold of yourself, SMP. You're freaking out a li'l over there.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:43 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
(le sigh) Reading is fundamental, hon. I can't help you any more than that. I can't come over there and read it for you and explain each word. And I don't have a braille attachment to my computer. I am so very sorry you were unable to see the point when it was literally bolded and written out for you, but then again, you don't really want to see the point. Not much more I can do here.

What's the point, that I wouldn't date a princess? Wow, you really got me there. Because if it is anything else please do tell. You make me laugh. I do know you though. You're the type of girl I would never be with. The type that expects the guy to do everything because "you" think that you are a princess..Sorry hon, you're not. Not by a long shot. Please make your last attempt at belittling me, so we can end this stupid little petty disagreement. I don't want to waist my time with this sh t. Find someone else to argue with please.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and please get over yourself.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
What's the point, that I wouldn't date a princess? Wow, you really got me there. Because if it is anything else please do tell. You make me laugh. I do know you though. You're the type of girl I would never be with. The type that expects the guy to do everything because "you" think that you are a princess..Sorry hon, you're not. Not by a long shot. Please make your last attempt at belittling me, so we can end this stupid little petty disagreement. I don't want to waist my time with this sh t. Find someone else to argue with please.

Thanks in advance.
Nope. Not me by a long shot. Never has been me, never will be me.

Wrong again, you poor thing.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:48 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
NO NO NO! I previously posted a should I text him thread. I did end up texting the guy and we did go out again. Then we were supposed to go on a third date and he flaked on me. Meanwhile, I was open to maybe having sex with him. To do so so early would have been a first for me but I really liked him, didn't want to play games etc. I was just going to let him come over because he had a difficult day and I figure why play games , all I wanted was to spend time with him and if something happened so be it, just go with the flow. I have concluded he flaked on me because all he wanted was sex and he just wasn't that interested in me and he figured it wasn't going to happen so he cut his losses. Maybe he was thinking of the 3 date rule , this would have been the 4th time I saw him, though I didn't consider the 2nd time I saw him as a date. Meanwhile, I started to really like him. (which is why I started stressing on something as simple as "should I text him?" in the first place.
What a disaster it would have been had he followed through and we ended up in bed THEN he disappeared on me! How much worse would I feel now? We as women have to protect ourselves and our feelings. We are still biologically ladies and no matter how far we've come outside the bedroom, for most of us, our heart is still closely connected to our hormones and we tend to get more hurt than men after being intimate if it turns out to be a one time thing. Men are still men and women still women.
I get that, but whats the big deal really? You had a sex with a guy you dated a couple of times and he turned out to be a jerk that only wanted sex, so he walked. You got sex out of the deal and the fact that you didnt have to waste anymore time on dating a jerk. I dont know how withholding sex would have made any difference in the outcome.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I get that, but whats the big deal really? You had a sex with a guy you dated a couple of times and he turned out to be a jerk that only wanted sex, so he walked. You got sex out of the deal and the fact that you didnt have to waste anymore time on dating a jerk. I dont know how withholding sex would have made any difference in the outcome.
It wouldn't have, which is the point -- he would have walked anyway -- but she went with her gut feelings, didn't do something she didn't want to do based on implications or intimidation and kept her self-respect...and meanwhile didn't risk either pregnancy or STDs.

So it was in that case a good thing that she didn't have sex. She didn't want to, she sensed there was a reason she didn't want to, and she was right.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:12 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Quote:
Possibility of std's and pregnancy aside, maybe having sex with him would have changed the outcome for the better. I am confident it would have been good for him, I do wonder if it would have not been so good for me. Now I won't get to know. My ego leads me to think there is a possibility he would have liked it and then we would still be seeing each other. But what good is that if he didn't like me enough to simply want to spend time with me in the first place? Can't change the past. I am pretty sure I'd still be hurt (Im over it now) if we'd been intimate and then he disappeared. Maybe another time I'll take a chance with someone else early on. If sex is mental, my being skilled would not be priority over so-so sex with someone he was more interested in. And who's to say my competition wasn't just as skilled or more skilled than myself? I agree with this post that the outcome would likely be same. (but my feelings would be more hurt.)

Old 03-19-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Possibility of std's and pregnancy aside, maybe having sex with him would have changed the outcome for the better. I am confident it would have been good for him, I do wonder if it would have not been so good for me. Now I won't get to know. My ego leads me to think there is a possibility he would have liked it and then we would still be seeing each other. But what good is that if he didn't like me enough to simply want to spend time with me in the first place? Can't change the past. I am pretty sure I'd still be hurt (Im over it now) if we'd been intimate and then he disappeared. Maybe another time I'll take a chance with someone else early on. If sex is mental, my being skilled would not be priority over so-so sex with someone he was more interested in. And who's to say my competition wasn't just as skilled or more skilled than myself? I agree with this post that the outcome would likely be same. (but my feelings would be more hurt.)
Okay, here's something. How is sleeping with someone even if you don't really want to, in hopes of bringing him around to doing/being what you want (a boyfriend/relationship), not playing a game?

How is that a more moralistic and/or acceptable way of playing games?

Both are playing games. But I notice a lot of people here (mostly men) are condoning the second game while vilifying the first. People, please. You're not offended by game-playing...unless it results in your not getting laid. There goes that moral stance.

By the way, the majority of the time when a person sleeps with the other person to "make things better," it backfires. No, you'll never really know. But honestly, if his staying with you was contingent upon that one exact time, it was a fairly flimsy foundation to begin with. He would not have stayed long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships