Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 09:25 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,162,696 times

Advertisements

if he has always been the one to contact you first and invite you out, he may be assuming you're not interested...esp since you declined to spend the night at his place. i would text him first to show some interest if this is the case. if he still seems cold then forget about it, but if he's into you chances are he'll be happy to hear from you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 09:28 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Exactly.
I dunno what Urbanadventure's problem is. He's a cutie.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I wish texting was never invented. It is ruining conversations across the globe.
Not a lot you can do about it, people have adapted to texting as one of the primary means of communication these days. There can be a lot lost in a text though.

I was pursuing a young woman a couple of years ago. Her one line text to my 4 long texts was rather annoying and I figured she just wasn't that interested. In person she gave all the appropriate signs but on the phone or through texts she seemed not interested.

Show the guy your a little interested with out overwhelming him is the best way to find out if he's really interested in you or not. Close to equal communication show interest by both parties.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Oh you mean like the "I never initiate even though I'm clearly stuck on him" type mind games?

Men want to be wanted and shown attention and affection just like you do. The whole idea that men are supposed to endlessly and tirelessly pursue while you sit there and play pokerface (but are secretly loving it) is baloney. You have to make some effort once in awhile if you don't want to discourage him and think his efforts are in vain.
In FREAKING deed. Whoever made up this malarky that a man is always to pursue and women can sit back and wait needs to be punched in the dome! You clearly are somewhat interested in this guy, so make the communication a two way street. I'm with everyone else, if it's a day or two without communication, I feel I'm always the one doing the work.

There's nothing crazy about a woman sending a text to ask how my day is going. The only guys that don't want those kinds of text are the guys that are involved and looking to cheat, truly not interested, or just want to be physical with you. Any woman I've ever had interest in, I would always welcome a good morning, how's your day text from.

Everyone makes dating hard by sticking to foolish rules. Some of those rules carry some weight, but the bulk of them are absolutely useless. It always seems that the most difficult part of dating ends up being the most complicated, two way communication. If you come off as eager by communicating with someone, than that's their problem and not yours. Not everyone is going to like my style of communication, but I don't have the time to continously alter my approach for every new person I come in contact with.

Make the ball go back and forth and quit making it sit in someone's court!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moretime View Post
Ok...met this guy.

Went on our third date. We just hung out and watched movies. Made out a few times. He asked me if I wanted to stay the night, I declined and went home around 4am.

The next day he texted me nonstop.

The day after...nothing. I never initiate, but this usually isn't a problem.

The next day...still nothing.

Today...nothing again! Should I contact him or not? I'm so confused!

After our first date I heard him as soon as I got home. The second date...I didn't hear from him for a week. After the third day I heard from him the next day...but then he stopped all of a sudden! I'm assuming he is dating multiple girls, he's bored, or he's just not into me. But I'd like a guys opinion. What do you think? And should I contact him?
Nope wait it out...

Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Not a lot you can do about it, people have adapted to texting as one of the primary means of communication these days. There can be a lot lost in a text though.

I was pursuing a young woman a couple of years ago. Her one line text to my 4 long texts was rather annoying and I figured she just wasn't that interested. In person she gave all the appropriate signs but on the phone or through texts she seemed not interested.

Show the guy your a little interested with out overwhelming him is the best way to find out if he's really interested or a flake.
I give one line responses. That doesn't mean I'm not interested. I'd just rather a call if it's going to be long. It's more intimate.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:36 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
I see it's too late...nevermind.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:38 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Hmmm I dunno. If your aggresssive men say they don't like it. They rather chase. But now men want to be chased? But in the past I noticed if you want things done or move let the woman do it.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moretime View Post
Ok...met this guy.

Went on our third date. We just hung out and watched movies. Made out a few times. He asked me if I wanted to stay the night, I declined and went home around 4am.

The next day he texted me nonstop.

The day after...nothing. I never initiate, but this usually isn't a problem.

The next day...still nothing.

Today...nothing again! Should I contact him or not? I'm so confused!

After our first date I heard him as soon as I got home. The second date...I didn't hear from him for a week. After the third day I heard from him the next day...but then he stopped all of a sudden! I'm assuming he is dating multiple girls, he's bored, or he's just not into me. But I'd like a guys opinion. What do you think? And should I contact him?
Have you heard of the third date rule? I am guessing making out did not include sex or a happy ending. You would not hear from most men after this date.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,363 times
I think the OP is a total hottie, and therefore she should make the guy who is texting her and taking her out persue her more.
If the guy isn't willing to take out the OP to really nice places, and he goes 1 week between text messages, I think the OP should consider dumping the guy.
He clearly isn't interested in you.
Next!

Or, he is an intelligent dater, and the OP's lack of interest and effort has turned him off.

Either way, The writing is on the wall here. This micro relationship will not last. NOBODY should have communication problems this early in dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships