Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 11:13 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moretime View Post
I don't want to be the one initiating! How do I know if he's interested that way?
Really? He's taken you out on 3 dates and texted you non-stop after the last one, and you're still wondering?

Perhaps an engraved invitation and a red carpet rolled to your door would help?

It's your turn to take him out. Call him up, tell him you'd like to take him out, and when you go, pay for the date.

And none of this "I don't want to be the one initiating" nonsense. It's 2013. Relationships are built on give-and-take, not Prince Valiant wooing the fair maiden in the tower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 11:15 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Eww, sounds like you don't know me at all. All I'm basically saying is that people should meet people half way. He shouldn't have to chase her like she is a princess and she shouldn't have to chase him like he is a king. It works both ways. But umm, whatever. Think what you want. I guess you like your men to think that you are a princess and chase after you for every reason. Don't know how you came up with that conclusion regarding me based on my one post. I basically said that there should be effort on all parties involved. Not just the man!

By the way, what's common decency? Do you mind elaborating on that one, because I sure would like to know what that has to do with anything I've said, or what it means to you? The guy has called her left and right, and she has never called him once. Is that the type of common courtesy that you are talking about? The kind where the guy does all the work, and the women just has to sit back and be pampered with undying devotion. Sorry, not this guy! That just doesn't work for me. And the women I get with don't have a "princess" mentality and they have an awful lot of self worth. I've been with the same girl for eight years now. So yes, I think whatever I'm doing is working. (Crossing fingers/ and knocking wood) I'm very superstitious.
A lot of truth to what you are saying. I see women who chase after the wrong type of guy, yet they don't change what they are attracted too. I fully understand that the heart wants what the heart wants, but you need to start reevaluating why you are attracted to certain types of people. After the 3rd or 4th time, the common denominator is going to be you.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:20 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
A lot of truth to what you are saying. I see women who chase after the wrong type of guy, yet they don't change what they are attracted too. I fully understand that the heart wants what the heart wants, but you need to start reevaluating why you are attracted to certain types of people. After the 3rd or 4th time, the common denominator is going to be you.
Very, very true.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I know it's making so much out of so little- do I contact or not contact, but I figure if you are female, you should give the man a chance to initiate contact and within a certain time, say 3 days, if he doesn't and you want to talk to him, then you initiate.

Times have changed. It's no longer the 50's where women predominantly were SAHM. You are in the workforce and earning more than men. Women are even more mans equal in the United States than ever before. Women wanted equality and wanted to be viewed as an equal. Women spoke and we listened. Now that you are an equal, men have learned to treat you as such. That's where initiation when showing interest plays in. You can't have it all, which is why the "princess complex" gets tossed around. It's wanting it all with very little effort.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post

By the way, what's common decency? Do you mind elaborating on that one, because I sure would like to know what that has to do with anything I've said, or what it means to you? The guy has called her left and right, and she has never called him once. Is that the type of common courtesy that you are talking about? The kind where the guy does all the work, and the women just has to sit back and be pampered with undying devotion.
No, that's not the type of common decency I'm talking about. Don't be so hysterical, supermanpansy.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:22 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
I know this is very common, but I disagree with a girl withholding sex in order to make sure that the guy isnt only after that. Both, men and women enjoy sex, and when you start withholding it for whatever reason, it becomes a bargaining tool. From bargaining tool, it quickly turns into a weapon as the relationship progresses and is far too often used as a reward/punishment token. This type of approach and withholding sex in general, wrecks many otherwise great relationships. Be yourself - man or a woman. When you are ready to have sex, go for it. It feels good and we all like it.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Really? He's taken you out on 3 dates and texted you non-stop after the last one, and you're still wondering?

Perhaps an engraved invitation and a red carpet rolled to your door would help?

It's your turn to take him out. Call him up, tell him you'd like to take him out, and when you go, pay for the date.

And none of this "I don't want to be the one initiating" nonsense. It's 2013. Relationships are built on give-and-take, not Prince Valiant wooing the fair maiden in the tower.
She did text him, and he texted her back. It's in a latter part of this thread.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:23 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Another thing to considering is that some people don't like making out all the time. Just like making out over and over and over. It's like being teased!

You two should do other things.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:25 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I know this is very common, but I disagree with a girl withholding sex in order to make sure that the guy isnt only after that. Both, men and women enjoy sex, and when you start withholding it for whatever reason, it becomes a bargaining tool. From bargaining tool, it quickly turns into a weapon as the relationship progresses and is far too often used as a reward/punishment token. This type of approach and withholding sex in general, wrecks many otherwise great relationships. Be yourself - man or a woman. When you are ready to have sex, go for it. It feels good and we all like it.
Bargaining tool?

Women have eggs and get pregnant and have to care for that baby. It's serious business.

That's not even mentioned that many women feel emotional attachment after sex.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I certainly never said "withhold." I said when she's ready, she should do it; please go back and re-read. Not being ready isn't withholding. It's not being ready. And not doing it based on a threat ("he might not text you!") when she isn't ready, is far from withholding as a bargaining chip.

She wasn't ready. She didn't do it. Simple enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships