Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:53 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I did'nt read all these post. Im a bottom line kind of guy. This is something that should not be analyzed. If you are interested you just do it. If it does not work out the way you wanted you deal with it and move on.
may work in some situations, but by reacting without thinking in other situations which involve other people long term, may need futher consideration all the way around...this is a work situation, which makes it all the more sensitive.

Just my thoughts.
creme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 10:00 AM

558 posts, read 2,248,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
may work in some situations, but by reacting without thinking in other situations which involve other people long term, may need futher consideration all the way around...this is a work situation, which makes it all the more sensitive.

Just my thoughts.
creme
creme - you are SO right. This could really blow up in their faces, these things do all the time...

Old 10-26-2007, 10:14 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
Avast ye! Dangerous waters yee be treadin' now... careful with dem words
Aaaargh, matey! (why are we talking like pirates?)

Except when it comes to advising himself (yeah, the multiple wives thing was way out there), Shuke always gives sound advice.

These types of relationships can happen, but she'd better think it all the way through and realize that it could all go to s#$% quick.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:18 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,147,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveMtns View Post
creme - you are SO right. This could really blow up in their faces, these things do all the time...
Just ask my ex-sister-in-law how her affair with her married boss worked out for her.

(She had to leave that job and find another one.)

Old 10-26-2007, 11:41 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Q: How do I ask my subordinate co-worker out?

A: The answer is simple, and only involves two steps.

A. Turn in your resignation to your boss.
B. Ask him out and hope he isn't gay.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:44 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
wear skintight clothing and a bunch of cologne and deodorant (because you will sweat up a storm). Then simply ask her/him out on a date.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:01 PM
dck dck started this thread

2 posts, read 10,585 times
Default What was I thinking?!!!

OMG. Shuke, I haven’t found a darn thing that makes the risk of me losing my job worthwhile over this guy! Believe me, I need my job AND I LOVE MY PAYCHECK MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!

Check this, I had more computer problems today and called the guy I likeD into my office to fix them. Maybe he sensed that I liked him, I don’t know, but his demeanor was COMPLETELY different than anything I had ever seen from him before. Today, this guy was more aggressive and assertive in his tone and his comments to me…very unusual for him; nothing I had seen from him in the 10 months he has worked in the office. Then, it happened…whatever he was doing to purportedly fix my computer, instead, caused the f*&^%@g thing to crash and lose all of my friggin’ files!!! He was so nonchalant about it. He actually said, “Uh, it happens. I have a lot of other tickets to get to. I’ll come back to you later” and left. This was at 9:30 AM. I was livid. I waited three hours for him to come back and finally went to the CEO, voiced my concerns and displeasure, and demanded satisfaction. An hour later, he was disciplined and spent the rest of the day in my office trying to fix my computer and recover my files.

OMG, if I had asked him out or if we were dating, I could see all of the problems this issue would have caused me! I need my job and don’t want to jeopardize it on some guy whom I’m not sure I hear wedding bells ringing for or even know whether he’s gay! What an idiot I am for even considering this! Thanks, Shuke for talking some sense into me…I was considering taking Rance’s advice, but jumping his bones doesn't seem as important to me as getting my paycheck...maybe that's how I should gauge any future potential realationships: what's more important. Oh yes, and I am sure that my other employees would have had a FIELD DAY with this, especially since this is now the time for performance reviews and many of them aren’t going to fair too well.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:36 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Wow. What a big difference just 24 hours makes. I'm glad that you didn't do anything stupid and ask him out.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:53 AM
JMX

313 posts, read 1,175,025 times
The computer guy sure knows how to push your buttons, doesn't he?

Old 10-27-2007, 07:41 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
If you are in a position of management at all, I don't recommend you dating anyone at work- higher, lower, or even on the totem pole. Women have to work twice as hard as men to be respected in the business world. Becoming known as someone who uses the office as a dating pool (and only one time will do that, trust me) will cost you the respect not only of your bosses, but of your subordinates. You open yourself to being fodder for gossip and you open your personal life to the entire office if the person you date isn't discreet or respectful if and when things go south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships