Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 06:12 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

If she says you're not her boyfriend, you're free to see other women. So don't put all your emotional eggs in one basket. Enjoy her company, but don't turn down a good offer if you get one elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 06:12 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
I don't think it's a good sign when someone treats you like a boyfriend or girlfriend, but won't make it official. I once dated a guy who was amazing to me. I knew his family, he held my hand and took me out on dates, said wonderful things to me...but he wouldn't call me his girlfriend. Some people can be cuddly, have sex with you, introduce you to friends and/or family, and still have zero intention of actually being in a long term relationship with you. You say you've known this woman awhile, and I agree that she should know you well enough to know if she wants to commit. Plus, it's pretty unfair for her to expect monogamy out of you when she won't admit you're in a relationship. If you guys are "just friends" then you're a free agent to do whatever you want when it comes to dating. I don't like it when guys push for labels after only 3 weeks, BUT you know each other already, and honestly if I was really into a guy I'd just be happy he wanted to make things official no matter how long it had been.

You can either wait it out awhile longer and see if she changes her mind, or if it's really bothering you then stop giving her all those boyfriend benefits and treat her the way she labels you - JUST as a friend. No sleepovers, no cuddling, no telling her nice things, no paying for her. If I was being labeled as only a friend then I'd treat that person ONLY as a friend.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:14 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
It sounds like she's all in, but she doesn't want the label. You just have to choose whether the label is more important than what you already have together.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:15 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Friend is a label too.

"I don't like labels"

I find it funny when people say that. It's very telling.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:16 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Friend is a label too.

"I don't like labels"

I find it funny when people say that. It's very telling.
I don't like labels.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:16 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,345,632 times
First, I think if it didn't work the first time it rarely works the second time. Second, she seems to be in some sort of transitional period.

I don't know, but sometimes when people say stuff like "I don't like labels, etc.", I think they are basically giving themselves an easy out if things don't work out. Basically, if tomorrow she decided to stop seeing you or she started seeing someone else, she can say well we were never in a relationship anyways. I think it makes it a little too convenient for her and if it's not something you feel comfortable with, then you should talk to her about it. If you're fine just riding the wave and seeing where it goes, then do that, but keep expectations low until she shows more commitment.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:19 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I don't like labels.
*Laughs*

Old 03-19-2013, 06:42 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Nice to know you let a chick you're not even dating set "rules" for you.

First thing you need to do is file a police report for your missing testicles.

Second thing is keep knocking down other chicks because YOU ARE SINGLE and YOU CAN.

Finally, get rid of this girl. She sounds like a head case.

There, that was simple.
+ 1. The nerve of the girl. lol.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:59 PM

146 posts, read 388,227 times
Haha it's just so annoying. Often when we go places people will say things like oh you guys look so cute together and it just makes things awkward. To the outside observer you'd think we were a couple that are totally into each other. Today is the first day I haven't seen her in like 4 days.

I'm wary though, we got into a fight today so maybe I wont have to worry about her much longer.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:48 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
I think slowing things down possibly wouldn't help as she'd likely cut things off and riding the wave doesn't seem that appealing to you as you're uneasy and annoyed in this situation. Perhaps it's suited for you to reevaluate if you want this situation with her as you seem uneasy and feel like you're the only one with anything to lose...though I'm not seeing anything other than male ego/pride that you have to lose as I highly doubt you love her or plan any life-long commitment to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships