Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it cheating to shag someone else while on a break?
Male: It's cheating 16 26.67%
Male: It isn't cheating 15 25.00%
Female: It's cheating 10 16.67%
Female: It isn't cheating 19 31.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 04:33 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I feel a date should be pre-determined. Two weeks, four weeks or whatever. That is plenty of time to do lots of thinking and doesn't leave either party hanging.
I agree! He said "a couple of weeks" which seems vague. Maybe that means two weeks, or maybe not. People often uses the word "couple" in ways which don't mean "two".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RLK45 View Post
Two day? Are you ****ing kidding me? Probably hadn't slept with BF #1 in weeks. That makes her a hoe.
Idk... maybe so or maybe not. I think I would have heard about it if they weren't sleeping together. But maybe not.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:37 PM

968 posts, read 1,138,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I can't speak to someone else's state of mind, but my understanding is that the other man is someone she knew for a while as friends. Probably he was always attracted to her but I don't know that for sure. I would also guess that she was sending put sexual signals to him once the break happened, but again I don't know for sure.
Sheesh, how did I know...I just did.

Can't fool a lion.....

Old 03-20-2013, 04:38 PM

199 posts, read 300,894 times
Breaks suck.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RLK45 View Post
Sheesh, how did I know...I just did.

Can't fool a lion.....
Well lets be honest here. As a woman, I am aware that all of my male so-called friends want to bang me. This is the case for most women. I am quite sure i can scroll through my phone contacts and get laid in 20 minutes. That's just reality, I don't think it is a negative.

Maybe guys should consider this before instituting a break? Again he is the one who told her he wanted a break.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:44 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
ive seen many relationships take breaks, evaluate where they are , etc.
and if one partner dates in this time,,then the other has there answer where they stand,,,its done.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:45 PM

968 posts, read 1,138,146 times
Quote:
Well lets be honest here. As a woman, I am aware that all of my male so-called friends want to bang me. This is the case for most women. I am quite sure i can scroll through my phone contacts and get laid in 20 minutes. That's just reality, I don't think it is a negative.

Maybe guys should consider this before instituting a break? Again he is the one who told her he wanted a break.
Maybe so, still can't fool me...

Intro MGM Lion - YouTube

Old 03-20-2013, 04:52 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Some of you may recall this scenario from Friends.

True story though: a friend of mine is on a break from her boyfriend thanks to an argument they had. He is the one who said, "I think we need to take a break for a couple of weeks." Two days later, she spent the night with someone else.

Is this cheating? (I say no.) I wonder whether we have differing opinions based on gender, hence the poll.

And if they get back together, should she fess up? I say no. I say take it to the grave.
No, I don't think it's cheating, but I would be extremely upset and possibly not forgive the person. The "break," in my opinion, is a time when both parties are thinking about whether the relationship should continue. Sleeping with someone else indicates that a person is moving on and has therefore made a choice. That might not be the case. Maybe she regrets it and wants to get back together. If they do recommit, yes, take it to the grave.

You know, I wonder if I do feel that this is cheating. I would be hurt, I know.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:53 PM

I must admit I am surprised at how the poll has fallen along gender lines. Very interesting. Anyone have any thoughts on why that is?

Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,543,192 times
Quote:
How long should she wait for the break to resolve itself by becoming a permanent break up or reconciling?
Well, the bf said two weeks, so I'd put two weeks plus a day as the maximum. If her intention is to break up, then a day would suffice, but I'd have waited a week or longer before hooking up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships