Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 07:19 PM

734 posts, read 932,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Umm, Brazilian women are HOT! WOW!!

Guys go right to 20:00!!!

Rio Fashion Week - Ass Shaking and Transsexual Supermodels - YouTube
Yes, and therein lies the problem. Instead of looking for a woman who can shake her butt, why not look for a wife. Also, are you aware that you posted a link featuring transexuals.

Perhaps that's your thing.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:27 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Yes, and therein lies the problem. Instead of looking for a woman who can shake her butt, why not look for a wife. Also, are you aware that you posted a link featuring transexuals.

Perhaps that's your thing.
Perhaps a gal who can shake her butt is what a guy looks for in a wife.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:29 PM

734 posts, read 932,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Perhaps a gal who can shake her butt is what a guy looks for in a wife.
And that's fine if that is their number one criteria. I'm just tired of the same guys complaining about women being of low substance and quality. If they are seeking this out, they shouldn't complain later on when she's out at the club, or shaking her booty for the next door neighbor.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:30 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Perhaps a gal who can shake her butt is what some guys like Calicali look for in a wife.
Edited for obvious reasons. Plus I think you are using the term "gal" to loosely considering the clip is of trannies.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Edited for obvious reasons. Plus I think you are using the term "gal" to loosely considering the clip is of trannies.
Edited for your reasons. Excluding that I was using gal in reference to Lilly1224's look for a wife bit I have different thoughts as transexuals to me are whatever gender they consider themselves and those transexuals seem to consider themselves gals so gals they shall be called by me and not loosely either.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:46 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
It is interesting that in America, when a black woman wants an equal or higher status mate, she is usually told she's arrogant, uppity and encouraged to lower her standards. I don't seem to hear that about other races.

Personally, I refuse to date "down" . Few times I tried, it did not work.
You can have the requirements you want, but it is harder for black women to marry up due to this

As 19% have a bachelor degree, then that means there is 26% college educated women, and 13% college educated men. If you take into account that 1/3 of them are undatable. Then what you end up with is 26% women fighting for 8.5% men.

Marrying up only really works when men are higher up in society. I am not going to call a women who does that arrogant, but it limits your options.

And from my experience among other races, only Asians and maybe Indians are very concerned about marrying up. And they got the same problems. A lot of professional Asian women remain single because they can't find someone more successful than they are who is also willing to marry them. And in Asian societies men earn significantly more.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
You can have the requirements you want, but it is harder for black women to marry up due to this

As 19% have a bachelor degree, then that means there is 26% college educated women, and 13% college educated men. If you take into account that 1/3 of them are undatable. Then what you end up with is 26% women fighting for 8.5% men.

Marrying up only really works when men are higher up in society. I am not going to call a women who does that arrogant, but it limits your options.

And from my experience among other races, only Asians and maybe Indians are very concerned about marrying up. And they got the same problems. A lot of professional Asian women remain single because they can't find someone more successful than they are who is also willing to marry them. And in Asian societies men earn significantly more.
More like it seems it's harder for black gals to marry up or marry their equals if they limit themselves to black guys.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:00 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
More like it seems it's harder for black gals to marry up or marry their equals if they limit themselves to black guys.
Most of them do marry within their own race.

Also, it is a little hard for black women to marry outside of their race due to different perspective of life. For instance most black women are liberals and very pro affirmative action. Most white and asian men, especially the ones with college degrees are anti-affirmative action, and are moderates, conservative or libertarian. And they may not understand your African american heritage/culture.

So you got about 10% of men left. And not all of those guys are going to be datable. The ones who are, is a highly priced commodity among white liberal women who outnumber liberal men. That is what makes it easier for Asian women who tend to be more conservative.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:04 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
I am stating that those are my interest, and when I was looking for a life partner, I wanted a man who shared those interests. This has nothing to do with color.

So many women do not understand the importance of compatibility. It's really best to find someone who shares a similar lifestyle. If you don't, you'll find yourself constantly arguing and even worst, not having the same overall goals and this can be disastrous.
No, you very cleary stated that things like saving for retirement, traveling, reading books and funding a child's private eduaction amount to cultural dfferences. I can only assume that you don't think black people (other than you and those you deem are impressive) read books and save for retirement.

I find it interesting that you are (I think? Apologies if I am wrong!) the one who argued that your experience in speaking to teenage black girls informs who we are. I would love to talk to the girls under your tutelage, if we could somehow put a padlock over your mouth. You should not be teaching those young girls a damn thing. You are sick in the head and you expect... no, demand, that those gals are sick as you too.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Most of them do marry within their own race.

Also, it is a little hard for black women to marry outside of their race due to different perspective of life. For instance most black women are liberals and very pro affirmative action. Most white and asian men, especially the ones with college degrees are anti-affirmative action, and are moderates, conservative or libertarian. And they may not understand your African american heritage/culture.

So you got about 10% of men left. And not all of those guys are going to be datable. The ones who are, is a highly priced commodity among white liberal women who outnumber liberal men. That is what makes it easier for Asian women who tend to be more conservative.
Hence my statement.

In my opinion the little hard it is for blacks gals to marry outside their race probably would be suited to look as more favorable then the much harder it is to marry within their race.

Your/you? I'm not black if you were responding as if this applied to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships