Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Yes women give up your beliefs and ideas to find a mate! Let him insult you or lie about what you really feel , that'll make you happy! In fact change political parties, vote against things you support and abandon all ideas!
Egh in my opinion this is classic advice as gals seem to almost always be told to change for a guy and accommodate him. I'm just wondering where he got these percentages and the facts that a gal has a better chance if she's moderate than if she's liberal.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:34 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,070,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
No you said there is an oversupply of liberal gals it hasn't been pointed out as I see no supporting reputable statistics supporting that.
I thought everyone knew that.

And this chart I came over show that Democrat women are more liberal than democrat men.

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/...6/gender-1.png

Quote:
Seems like somewhere I lost where you posted the reputable sources for these percentages.
Those sources are based on the fact that about 40% of white/asian men are college educated, some are not good men, and more of them are conservative than liberal. Also some people are moderates. Why do you think I used non-precise numbers like 5-10%. For fun?

If you don't believe the numbers are right. What do you think they are? Or are you just trying to be difficult?

Last edited by Camlon; 03-21-2013 at 09:44 PM..

Old 03-21-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Yes women give up your beliefs and ideas to find a mate! Let him insult you or lie about what you really feel , that'll make you happy! In fact change political parties, vote against things you support and abandon all ideas!
I never said that. i think you are having hallucinations.

Not only did I not say that, but I also mentioned before that is not what I mean. There is a huge difference between moderating yourself by trying to understand the other side, and changing political parties, lying about what you really feel and abandon all ideas.

I feel sorry for you that you can not understand the difference.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Most of them do marry within their own race.

Also, it is a little hard for black women to marry outside of their race due to different perspective of life. For instance most black women are liberals and very pro affirmative action. Most white and asian men, especially the ones with college degrees are anti-affirmative action, and are moderates, conservative or libertarian. And they may not understand your African american heritage/culture.

So you got about 10% of men left. And not all of those guys are going to be datable. The ones who are, is a highly priced commodity among white liberal women who outnumber liberal men. That is what makes it easier for Asian women who tend to be more conservative.
This makes absolutely no sense at all. Culturally, White and Black Americans are more similar than Latinos and/or Asian Americans.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:59 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
Quote:
I thought everyone knew that.
Excluding that you're basing your opinion on possibly outdated data..

3% more of liberal gals than guys is considered an oversupply...so why isn't the 4% more of moderate gals than guys considered an oversupply? Doesn't that go against your whole go moderate/conservative spiel to improve chances as it appears liberal gals have more of a chance than moderate gals if going by who is in oversupply?

Quote:
Those sources are based on the fact that about 40% of white/asian men are college educated, some are not good men, and more of them are conservative than liberal. Also some people are moderates. Why do you think I used non-precise numbers like 5-10%. For fun?

If you don't believe the numbers are right. What do you think they are? Or are you just trying to be difficult?
The percentages I saw you use in discussing with me were 8.5% and 10% not 5-10%. I also saw nowhere did you state the percentages you gave were your opinion or estimate as you presented them as if it were factual precise percentages.

Nowhere did I state, suggest, or imply I don't believe the numbers are right so I'm unsure why you're questioning me of such. I did ask for where and how you got those numbers.

Amusing how it's trying to be difficult to ask where are the facts for those percentages you gave. Either way I got what I wanted and understand now that you're using possibly outdated data to guess percentages to support your likely bias towards moderates/conservatives.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This makes absolutely no sense at all. Culturally, White and Black Americans are more similar than Latinos and/or Asian Americans.
White, Latinoes and Asian Americans is not a homogeneous group. Also, I didn't just talk about white people. I talked about Asians too.

We are individuals. We are not defined by what ethic group we belong to. Some white people will fit well with a average black women. Other white people won't.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Excluding that you're basing your opinion on possibly outdated data..

3% more of liberal gals than guys is considered an oversupply...so why isn't the 4% more of moderate gals than guys considered an oversupply? Doesn't that go against your whole go moderate/conservative spiel to improve chances as it appears liberal gals have more of a chance than moderate gals if going by who is in oversupply? '
That is just one of the charts. I gave 3. Here is some newer data. Also, even if they were equal a moderate would do better as moderates can attract moderate liberals and moderate conservatives. Nothing has changed the past 3 years which in your opinion makes the data outdated. Why should it?

Obama McCain
Unmarried Women 67% 31%
Unmarried Men 56% 40%
Married Women 46% 53%
Married Men 38% 60%
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11...umbers-part-i/

BTW, this is the case in every single country I have seen data for. You are not exactly building up credibility by arguing against something everyone knows is true. And when I say everyone, I am including you.

Quote:
The percentages I saw you use in discussing with me were 8.5% and 10% not 5-10%. I also saw nowhere did you the percentages you gave were your opinion or estimate as you presented them as if it facts of a precise percentages.
In what universe is 5-10% a precise pecentage?

And 8.5% was talking about black men. Different topic.

Quote:
Nowhere did I state, suggest, or imply I don't believe the numbers are right so I'm unsure why you're questioning me of such. I did ask for where and how you got those numbers.
So why are you arguing against them? If you believe the numbers are right, then focus on the topic instead of asking for sources that women are more liberal than men.

Quote:
Amusing how it's trying to be difficult to ask where are the facts for those percentages you gave. Either way I got what I wanted and understand now that you're using possibly outdated data to guess percentages to support your likely bias towards moderates/conservatives.
The only thing I see is you being desperate. You keep asking for sources for something everyone knows is true. And when you get them, then you start claiming the sources is not good enough. If you were at TV, and someone said women are more liberal than men. And you said "give me your sources" and they give you sources from 2009. And then you say "you are using outdated sources, so you can support your bias" you would probably kicked off the show and never invited again.

You even said you do not reject the percentages. Hence, you don't think they are wrong, You just trying to be obstructionist, because that seems like the best defence you got left.

Last edited by Camlon; 03-21-2013 at 10:25 PM..

Old 03-21-2013, 10:29 PM

734 posts, read 932,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
No, you very cleary stated that things like saving for retirement, traveling, reading books and funding a child's private eduaction amount to cultural dfferences. I can only assume that you don't think black people (other than you and those you deem are impressive) read books and save for retirement.

I find it interesting that you are (I think? Apologies if I am wrong!) the one who argued that your experience in speaking to teenage black girls informs who we are. I would love to talk to the girls under your tutelage, if we could somehow put a padlock over your mouth. You should not be teaching those young girls a damn thing. You are sick in the head and you expect... no, demand, that those gals are sick as you too.
It is a cultural difference. A man from a low income area may not be interested in those things, because his "culture" and socialization may be different from mine. Don't tell me that you think all blacks are the same, simply because we may share the same skin pigment. LOL When I answered the question, I clearly stated that (if I was single) I would be open to dating a man who made more than I did without a college degree, if he shared the same interests as I do...

You do not know me personally, so to state that I'm sick in the head, is rather funny. I have nothing to prove to a complete stranger online. Have a good night.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well yes and no.. I think there are similarities between Americans of various ethnic backgrounds, but it's mostly tied to socioeconomics. A black man from the inner city for example, does not typically share the same culture as a white man raised in Laguna Beach. Their mannerisms, speech/language patterns, dress etc, will usually be different.

However, a black and white guy raised in Laguna Beach will more than likely share the same culture, since they were reared in the same community. The same is also true for a black and white guy raised in the inner city.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Hence my statement.

In my opinion the little hard it is for blacks gals to marry outside their race probably would be suited to look as more favorable then the much harder it is to marry within their race.

Your/you? I'm not black if you were responding as if this applied to me.
Talk about ironic! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships