Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 08:07 PM

968 posts, read 1,138,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleMae View Post
This would explain my Ex haha he said he was country but he was tinier than i was, had soft hands, rode like a girl, prefered soccer instead of football, drove a cherookee, and played computer games.....dang hahah
Oh yeah...want to know anything else? lol I'm a HVAC technician and have to do a lot of this stuff with the boss when we hire someone new. Is this guy BSing us guys? lol

Now, look at his hands. Are they always in his pockets when he is talking to you? If so, he's not a physical worker type. He's a mall crawler or desk jockey. A working man keeps his hands out. He's using them and they are usually very dirty. He doesn't want grease/oil....whatever in his pockets.

Quote:
Yet ride like a girl.... I would say I'm a girl and I can ride pretty darn well! I can go from barrels to jumping soo! haha
I'm sure you are a great rider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 08:13 PM

43 posts, read 127,258 times
I would not remember but he probably did! It just didnt work out, broke up with me through text on superbowl sunday, oh well! and why thank you!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RLK45 View Post
Oh yeah...want to know anything else? lol I'm a HVAC technician and have to do a lot of this stuff with the boss when we hire someone new. Is this guy BSing us guys? lol

Now, look at his hands. Are they always in his pockets when he is talking to you? If so, he's not a physical worker type. He's a mall crawler or desk jockey. A working man keeps his hands out. He's using them and they are usually very dirty. He doesn't want grease/oil....whatever in his pockets.

I'm sure you are a great rider.
So im guessing you are out of college? haha and if you are not from the east cost, where are you from? whats it like? haha

Old 03-22-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
So im guessing you are out of college? haha and if you are not from the east cost, where are you from? whats it like? haha
I went to Tech school, not college.

Oh...uh...yeah I'm out of college. I could have kids in high school. Shhhh, don't tell....k? lol

I'm a rural Midwest guy. The crossroads of America.

What's it like?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Old 03-23-2013, 09:55 AM

Very nice and you seem to know what you are talking about! Very cool!

Old 03-23-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Very nice and you seem to know what you are talking about! Very cool!
Thanks. It's just 'me'.....

Old 03-23-2013, 02:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RLK45 View Post
Well, you are on the East Coast. People...namely men are different out there. It's a total different way of life. You can always spot them with a few simple questions.

Start by what they drive.

Is it a Honda Civic or a Ford F-250 Super Duty 4x4 with a long bed and super cab.....Power Stroke diesel equipped of course.

What are their hobbies? Are they freaked at firearms, hunting, fishing etc?

Do they prefer golf over UFC?

Ask them what a left handed screwdriver is.

If they answer with anything other then "it does not exsist"....look elsewhere.

Next get them around your horse and see what they do, or how they act.

Are they like...."eww gross"?

Do they ride like a girl?

Now for bikes.......kids ride imports. Men ride Harleys.

Now look at their hands. Do they have better, smoother, softer skin then you do?

You have to be smart hon.........
I grew up with country boys.

There's a reason I moved to the city.

Closed mindedness and overly misogynistic views of women from 'country boys' were a huuuuge turn off.

No thanks to all of that

Old 03-23-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I grew up with country boys.

There's a reason I moved to the city.

Closed mindedness and overly misogynistic views of women from 'country boys' were a huuuuge turn off.

No thanks to all of that

I've noticed that with some of them! Very conservative, and they are shocked when I do something that they would not do themselves. However I've seen some stuck up northern men who treat women like they are a call girl, have no respect for them, and are one of the biggest "woosies" i have ever seen!

But again I try to be optimistic, and I will say there are acceptions to everything! Not every country boy has pure conservative/1950s outlook on life, and not every northern man has on a suit, sits at a desk and has an affair with his secretary lol

Yet i believe any "true" man would not be misogynistic of women!
Yes some men may want to be the main bread winner or want to know what his wife does and where she is, but that means that he wants to provide and take care of her and wants nothing bad to happen to her.

Politics usually don't matter to me, personally I am a moderate and my family is both Southern and Northern!
But my cousin who lives in the south did date rude men, but she did find her "one" and they are cute as a button! And my cousin in the North dated many rude men also, but she found her "one" and they are adorable also!

It really depends on THE guy not the type I presume! I have yet to meet a midwestern guy my age but when I went out to Utah to visit, some people were friendly, and some were rude! Its how you were raised.

I just want to find a guy that is:
supportive
funny
knows how to enjoy life
is not judgmental of me or others
has a plan in life
likes horses and trucks
and just loves me for me!

It doesn't matter if he is southern or northern or midwestern! Its about the guy, not the place he came from

Old 03-23-2013, 03:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
I've noticed that with some of them! Very conservative, and they are shocked when I do something that they would not do themselves. However I've seen some stuck up northern men who treat women like they are a call girl, have no respect for them, and are one of the biggest "woosies" i have ever seen!

But again I try to be optimistic, and I will say there are acceptions to everything! Not every country boy has pure conservative/1950s outlook on life, and not every northern man has on a suit, sits at a desk and has an affair with his secretary lol

Yet i believe any "true" man would not be misogynistic of women!
Yes some men may want to be the main bread winner or want to know what his wife does and where she is, but that means that he wants to provide and take care of her and wants nothing bad to happen to her.

Politics usually don't matter to me, personally I am a moderate and my family is both Southern and Northern!
But my cousin who lives in the south did date rude men, but she did find her "one" and they are cute as a button! And my cousin in the North dated many rude men also, but she found her "one" and they are adorable also!

It really depends on THE guy not the type I presume! I have yet to meet a midwestern guy my age but when I went out to Utah to visit, some people were friendly, and some were rude! Its how you were raised.

I just want to find a guy that is:
supportive
funny
knows how to enjoy life
is not judgmental of me or others
has a plan in life
likes horses and trucks
and just loves me for me!

It doesn't matter if he is southern or northern or midwestern! Its about the guy, not the place he came from

It's funny, because there's always a bit of shock when people find out I was raised on a ranch out in California, was in 4H from the time I was 11, was an FFA officer for my HS, did gymkhana and rodeo for years and participated in both the Dairy products judging competitions (for 3 years) and livestock judging competitions (1 year, placed second in CA) and know my way around a ranch. I have more 'country street cred' than most people out there but I just don't find it impressive because of the culture surrounding it. Showing livestock (and especially doing rodeo or participating in any type of horse based competition) was based almost entirely on your last name and how much money you had. There was so much in-fighting and if you didn't live on enough acreage or didn't have the right last name you were shunned from events and clubs.

Country folk being nice and welcoming my rear end. They were some of the biggest jerks I ever had the displeasure of being around.

At least city folk don't pretend to be nice and then stab you in the back. They're up front with their mean-ness

Old 03-23-2013, 03:28 PM

Wow credit to you girl! haha I ride english but I ride western too! And wow I didnt know it was like that! But i will just have to wait and see who comes my way weather country or northern or foreign haha And yes us east coasters can be upfront sometimes :P haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships