Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 12:54 AM

947 posts, read 1,186,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
It's not the same. Not even close.

A man starts out alone and horny and has to go around and cold approach random women exposing his own self (not a product or service) to open scrutiny and rejection.

On the other hand, most women already have some kind of man (or multiple men) in the background as lovers, friends, and all women do is wait around for a better man to come along.

Women are never in the position to be rejected simply because women do the CHOOSING.
Don't a person do the choosing when they approach, instead of sitting back, taking whatever comes along and only hoping to get the person they want?

No gender is to blame. It takes two to tango.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 01:20 AM

650 posts, read 701,839 times
How do women handle being rejection artists?

Old 03-22-2013, 01:54 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,773,496 times
Never take it personal. Even if they don't like you, it's probably because of something they've experienced in their own life that isn't compatible with you (ex: you're not tall enough because their dad was tall and they want someone tall, you remind them of their ex, your nose looks like their second grade teacher, etc.)

Old 03-22-2013, 02:57 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post

A man starts out alone and horny and has to go around and cold approach random women exposing his own self (not a product or service) to open scrutiny and rejection.

On the other hand, most women already have some kind of man (or multiple men) in the background as lovers, friends, and all women do is wait around for a better man to come along.

Women are never in the position to be rejected simply because women do the CHOOSING.
The bolded is all in some men's minds. The smart men know this isn't true; they don't set themselves up with a defeatist attitude.

Women do the choosing some of the time, too. Some get rejected, some don't. But most women take the rejections in stride better, it seems. Everyone's getting scrutinized and evaluated in this game--that part of it doesn't pertain to one party or another. Everyone's sifting and weeding, looking for a good match.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:14 AM

650 posts, read 701,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Never take it personal. Even if they don't like you, it's probably because of something they've experienced in their own life that isn't compatible with you (ex: you're not tall enough because their dad was tall and they want someone tall, you remind them of their ex, your nose looks like their second grade teacher, etc.)
Stupidest reasons for rejecting somebody.

I wonder what stupid reasoning is used for ACCEPTING someone.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:21 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post

I wonder what stupid reasoning is used for ACCEPTING someone.
I know several guys who said to themselves, "This is the best I can do." And they were miserable, and sooner or later divorced.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:25 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Men are more bitter and take rejection harder because they get rejected more. It really is that simple

Old 03-22-2013, 06:53 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhopethismeeturstandard View Post
Because most guys will settle for whatever they can get since the dating game out here is so very difficult, even though they might not truly be happy (and we wonder why the divorce rate is so high in this country.) I can only speak for myself but I don't say yes to every women I come across that has a slight attraction to me, in fact even the hottest of women I will bypass... But it is nothing they did, its because I already know what I want so I can do it. Sexual relationships, like all things in life, can get played out; even for men. But I guarantee you behind the biggest player's hunger for sex is a guy trying to find that one lady that completes him.
I squandered a lot of time sleeping around instead of focusing on what I needed to do to better myself for a relationship. Now, I'm not sleeping around, but finding it terribly difficult to bridge the gap into a relationship. In my sleeping around days it was a good way to pass the time, but in the back of my mind, I was still searching for the woman who completed me.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:47 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhopethismeeturstandard View Post
Because most guys will settle for whatever they can get since the dating game out here is so very difficult, even though they might not truly be happy (and we wonder why the divorce rate is so high in this country.) I can only speak for myself but I don't say yes to every women I come across that has a slight attraction to me, in fact even the hottest of women I will bypass... But it is nothing they did, its because I already know what I want so I can do it. Sexual relationships, like all things in life, can get played out; even for men. But I guarantee you behind the biggest player's hunger for sex is a guy trying to find that one lady that completes him.
People act like I'm crazy when I say this

Old 03-22-2013, 08:33 AM

826 posts, read 1,893,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
This is the funniest and saddest thing I have read on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships