U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 02:03 PM

7,093 posts, read 5,457,262 times

Advertisements

Okay, I run across "men are more (insert negative) with rejection because they get rejected more." a couple of times.

If all you are getting is rejection, then you may want to take a look at yourselves and try to find out why it is that way. Is there anything you can do to improve that.

It might even be the area that you live in. Sometimes, just a change in location, or even part of town can make a difference. I've been in one part of town where people were just cold, lukewarm at best. I went to a different part of town and experienced a complete opposite behavior.

I admit, if I had a few rejections in a row, I would have stepped back and wondered what is wrong... But then I would devote my efforts in correcting that and then get back in the game... if it means that much to me.

Now, I'm not the best looking guy by any stretch of the imagination, (nor am I the worst) but when I look my best, and I am on top of my game, I won't be at that much of a disadvantage. However, I'm still not going to get as much play as the town stud. But, if I get my share, I'm happy.

Otherwise, face it. Everyone gets rejected. Sometimes, the only difference between the successful ladies men, and us average joes, is that the ladies men actually made life work for them.

You may not have to experience those 100-200 rejections after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 02:31 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,164,998 times
Women are typically more sensitive about rejection too. I remember a time when my sister got turned down and she ended up running in to her room and crying for 10 minutes and at age 32 no less . I doubt many men actually shed a tear when they get rejected.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:42 PM

13,752 posts, read 18,400,837 times
Just stop caring. It works wonders.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:44 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,426,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
Women are typically more sensitive about rejection too. I remember a time when my sister got turned down and she ended up running in to her room and crying for 10 minutes and at age 32 no less . I doubt many men actually shed a tear when they get rejected.
No, I don't think a$$holes care.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:04 PM

8,021 posts, read 6,227,076 times
I don't try
So I don't get rejected to begin with.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:49 PM

651 posts, read 548,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
You're talking to a woman, dearie.
Yo a WOMAN?

Old 04-14-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Okay, I run across "men are more (insert negative) with rejection because they get rejected more." a couple of times.

If all you are getting is rejection, then you may want to take a look at yourselves and try to find out why it is that way. Is there anything you can do to improve that.

It might even be the area that you live in. Sometimes, just a change in location, or even part of town can make a difference. I've been in one part of town where people were just cold, lukewarm at best. I went to a different part of town and experienced a complete opposite behavior.

I admit, if I had a few rejections in a row, I would have stepped back and wondered what is wrong... But then I would devote my efforts in correcting that and then get back in the game... if it means that much to me.

Now, I'm not the best looking guy by any stretch of the imagination, (nor am I the worst) but when I look my best, and I am on top of my game, I won't be at that much of a disadvantage. However, I'm still not going to get as much play as the town stud. But, if I get my share, I'm happy.

Otherwise, face it. Everyone gets rejected. Sometimes, the only difference between the successful ladies men, and us average joes, is that the ladies men actually made life work for them.

You may not have to experience those 100-200 rejections after all.
Or they can always give up.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:38 AM

9,871 posts, read 8,010,416 times
You could also learn from it.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
You could also learn from it.
I'd rather maintain my sanity. There's more to life than dating. Plus I don't believe in bending over backwards to please people.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:15 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,641,449 times
Directed towards the OP…

As another poster stated, “Rejection is a part of life.”
Whether it is related to work or personal relationships..
They are looking for someone else that fulfills their needs and you did not meet the cut…

There are two ways to handle this…
1. Dwell on the “why’s” “Whats wrong with me” and stay there for a prolonged amount of time as other offers pass us by.
2. Okay, I did not get the job…Nothing is coincidence, when one door closes another opens if WE are open…
Meaning at the time we may not understand the rhyme or reason but later down the road? We meet someone totally awesome and we forget the question period…

Rejection? Eh, a mild ego blast but life is too short to focus on what could have been and should be focused on ‘what could be”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships