Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 07:49 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,095,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
I suspect that most of the people that thought it was OK for my wife to get several large tattoos were women who liked tattoos and did not truly understand how important the visual side of the equation is for men when they are with a woman. If she gets the tattoos I will no longer be visually attracted to her.
And, as some here have already said...

If she knows you're no longer going to find her visually attractive if she gets large tattoos, but she plans to get them anyway?

There's more going on than an urge to decorate herself with body art.

Unless she's terribly naive and thinks you'll come around.

The red flag for me in this equation is that she's planning more than one large tattoo at a time and has never gotten a tattoo at all.

Most people start out with one tattoo. Or maybe a couple/few small ones that go together (like the traditional pair of swallows and a star type deal, flash or not).

Her planning out very large ones on a scale of multiples before she's even gotten one (how does she know if she'll find the process of getting one, healing one, and having one to her liking?)... It seems like there's another issue here.

It's not the tattoos.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 AM

18,432 posts, read 34,246,129 times
Quote:
I suspect that most of the people that thought it was OK for my wife to get several large tattoos were women who liked tattoos and did not truly understand how important the visual side of the equation is for men when they are with a woman. If she gets the tattoos I will no longer be visually attracted to her.
If you love her, you will.

I have not gone to the next page to see if anyone has asked this, but what if, God forbid, something happened to your wife to disfigure any part, large or small, of her skin? Would you no longer be attracted to her?

Is it that easy? Can you turn your love for your wife off that easily?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:17 AM

19,963 posts, read 30,035,291 times
Quote:
Neither my wife or I have any tattoos. I don't like them and think they are ugly and have to assume that in 20 years when the tattoo fad is over many of the young people getting tattoos today will feel really silly when their tattoos look all stretched out and ugly.

I always assumed my wife did not like tattoos either but recently she has been planning on getting a number of large tattoos. I told her what I thought but she says it is her body and she can do what she pleases. But I told her it will hurt our sex life because I find tattoos ugly, especially large ones. She says that is silly and her having tattoos or not should not impact how I see her sexually or value her attractiveness.

Please, lets not have this about the pros and cons of tattoos, there is a million postings about this, but instead, lets answer this question: Should a spouse have a say if their wife or husband gets tattoos?

the next time she asks you to go to a family or work function, tell her you will dye your hair green and orange, see how she takes it..
should she have a say if your hair is orange? or you wear a muscle shirt to the next wedding you get invited to?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:29 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,435,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
If you love her, you will.

I have not gone to the next page to see if anyone has asked this, but what if, God forbid, something happened to your wife to disfigure any part, large or small, of her skin? Would you no longer be attracted to her?

Is it that easy? Can you turn your love for your wife off that easily?
Ridiculous.

It could equally be: If she loves him, she won't.

There is a big difference between an accident and intentional, self-inflicted disfigurement.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:39 AM

3,494 posts, read 4,656,689 times
Should they? Who knows...
Will I? Yes.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:55 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,127,739 times
I think so. What if a guy was clean cut and after decided never to cut his hair again or she had beautiful long hair and decide to get the Sinead O Connor look permanently.....same thing. I wouldn't want to feel like I'm reading a comic book every time I went to have sex with her or saw her nude.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:11 AM

13 posts, read 18,958 times
Did you go in front of a judge and say for better or worse? tell death do us part? or does that just mean as long as she does what you want. Her body. This is not just you, the whole thing makes me angry. Men need to try at least try to stop controlling there women. put away your clubs, let go of your fist full of hair, come out of the cave, and join the world of 2013 where women can vote, have a job, and yes even decide if they want tattoos on there body!!!!

Old 03-24-2013, 09:15 AM

13 posts, read 18,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
I think so. What if a guy was clean cut and after decided never to cut his hair again or she had beautiful long hair and decide to get the Sinead O Connor look permanently.....same thing. I wouldn't want to feel like I'm reading a comic book every time I went to have sex with her or saw her nude.

So does your wife tell you how to dress or ware your hair? You would be less attracted to her if she changed her hair?

Old 03-24-2013, 09:55 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,155,680 times
Quote:
Not I. I'm afraid of commitment and I don't like pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
And, as some here have already said...

If she knows you're no longer going to find her visually attractive if she gets large tattoos, but she plans to get them anyway?

There's more going on than an urge to decorate herself with body art.
Maybe she's trying to get rid of a domineering husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newinhernando View Post
Did you go in front of a judge and say for better or worse? tell death do us part? or does that just mean as long as she does what you want. Her body. This is not just you, the whole thing makes me angry. Men need to try at least try to stop controlling there women. put away your clubs, let go of your fist full of hair, come out of the cave, and join the world of 2013 where women can vote, have a job, and yes even decide if they want tattoos on there body!!!!
That's basically what it boils down to: These men want to control what women do with their own bodies. "If you get a tattoo, I won't want you anymore."

My response to that would be, "See ya!"

Old 03-24-2013, 09:57 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,435,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
My response to that would be, "See ya!"
Good riddance! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships